Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 3, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #14,776 of 62,385
Question, and I wonder if anyone has any insight. There are a lot of DAP manufacturers that have now implemented LDAC as a protocol for Bluetooth transmission. These DAP manufacturers pay a licensing fee to be able to use the Sony tech. Why haven’t any TWS manufacturers implemented LDAC on the receiving end? I know that it would take a producer that is willing to pay the fee and then figure that into their profit margin. Are there any rumors of anyone releasing a True Wireless iem with LDAC? Because I’m waiting...

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #14,778 of 62,385
Nov 3, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #14,779 of 62,385
I'll give it up with TWS for now. Most of the time I want to have my phone in my pocket. And just in this case, I have constantly dropouts.
At first I thought it was the Tribit X1, then the Mpow T5 and the Sabbat E12 Ultra. Everywhere the same.
Then I thought it had to do with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
But today I got the Shanling M0 and the MTW 100. And guess what, exactly the same!
M0 in my pocket and a little twist with my head and immediately I get dropouts.

I can only comment on the mpow T5, however I have had no issues with drop outs or my wife with a pixel 4 or mate 20 pro respectively.
The issue lies with the phone I think its Bluetooth 4.2, with 5 you should have no issues

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #14,780 of 62,385
https://www.mavinlife.com/product_d.php?lang=en&tb=1&id=521

Keeping a close eye out for when these are released. Next purchase for sure.

Please tag me if you find out a release date! I'm interested in these and the NUARL update - otherwise just returning everything (except Anbes, Nuarl) and waiting.

I liked the Mavin except for some aspects of bass - but very interested by these new ones. I really like that they're also trying to design the best case they can - and these look good to be from a spec perspective! Thanks for sharing.

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #14,786 of 62,385
Nov 3, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #14,787 of 62,385
I’m still really happy with the AirPods pro. Anxious to try out on my flight next week. The combo of ANC and transparency is awesome. I EQ’s then on the iPhone and tried a ton of options and for some reason stuck with Eletronic, but sounds pretty darn good. Happy with the total package. Kind of surprised they are this good overall.

Nov 3, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #14,788 of 62,385
Steve Guttenburg has his opinions up about the AirPod Pros.

Granted I could have told you ahead of time that it would probably favor negatively (Steve has a strong preference towards warmth if I'm not mistaken, his ER4 would be the exception to the rule). That said, I'm not sure how he could get a muddy bass out of a thin sounding phone that rolls off the sub-bass... Kind of boggle's the mind. I was looking for some measurements of the APP, but could only find something provided by The Sound Guys. Does anyone know what kind of standards they use to measure their headphones (if it's an objective measurement)? Any compensation/normalization they use (DF, OW, custom)?

Nov 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #14,789 of 62,385
I’m still really happy with the AirPods pro. Anxious to try out on my flight next week. The combo of ANC and transparency is awesome. I EQ’s then on the iPhone and tried a ton of options and for some reason stuck with Eletronic, but sounds pretty darn good. Happy with the total package. Kind of surprised they are this good overall.

Small bass boost, lowers the 500Hz range while boosting vocals and treble. I kind of wish the iPhone had a custom EQ you could set (like you can with Apple Music on the Mac).

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #14,790 of 62,385
Small bass boost, lowers the 500Hz range while boosting vocals and treble. I kind of wish the iPhone had a custom EQ you could set (like you can with Apple Music on the Mac).
Thank you. That makes perfect sense. I prefer more treble than what the AirPods came with. Typically i prefer a slight bass boost, high treble and high Mid’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back