Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #14,266 of 62,801
10 days in. Had a few issues with call quality but seems better after the latest firmware update. There is some white noise on very low volume, non issue for me.

other than that, zero issues. Solid product overall.

I got them for $100 during the presale, but now that I’ve used them I wouldn’t mind paying full price
I paid full price and find them great. I get no hiss/white noise (one of the lucky ones?) and I have the latest FW, 1.65. But I had no noise with the original 1.15 FW that came on my set. Also, I use Comply T200 (bulby form) with them, prefer foam tips. And I also removed the "wings" and they stay put fine when out and about. Big L2P fan, I guess you could say. Have them in right now, Norah Jones never sounded so good. Comfort is fantastic, better than the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1, which I also own and use for >60 minute sessions, because the sound tube on the M1s is a bit thick and gets annoying much past an hour of use. But sound-wise, I like both, with the Soundcore's a bit more soundstage/air.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #14,267 of 62,801
I just got these also. What aspect has you wanting to offload. The lack on bud volume control and lack of more control for ambient mode are my biggest annoyances. The ambient mode works, but wish you could sorta customize external surroundings volume vs music more.

Can you expand a little more on the second point? When in ambient mode, what would you say is the ratio between ambient and music? I can see the benefit of controlling the amount of ambient though. Are there other buds that have that control that you know of?

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #14,268 of 62,801
I just got these also. What aspect has you wanting to offload. The lack on bud volume control and lack of more control for ambient mode are my biggest annoyances. The ambient mode works, but wish you could sorta customize external surroundings volume vs music more.

honestly just the fit. I cannot get a good seal it seems. a longer stem would have been great.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #14,269 of 62,801
They're on Amazon as well if you think you might want to return them :wink:

sadly no amazon shipment to my country, so the AE is my best bet on that

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #14,271 of 62,801
the soundcore liberty 2 pros availability is waaaaay out on amazon. like December deliveries. better to order direct from soundcore. if the earfun free dont just tickle my fancy, ill spring the extra cash for the soundcore L2p

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #14,276 of 62,801
Zero connectivity issues hero with Iphone XS max. Even walking in NYC.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #14,278 of 62,801
BestBuy. Don't like shipping time. And easy to return or exchange.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #14,279 of 62,801
The kozeton's also arrived Saturday, and they sound aweful! in other news, at Hifi80sman, in true junky fashion, i'm thinking about getting those backbeat pro5100s again.. loved them for the call quality, and that's my only justification i can come up with for buying them. lol. i did like the sound, but. dam it!
Have you tried the Klipsch T5 TWS? I just got them yesterday and I'm quite pleased with them. Vocals sound fantastic, with good detail retrieval and pleasing bass, which is to say the bass is not heavily boosted. Highs are not overly boosted, but they are still crisp with a good sense of air. Mature sound. The case is awesome. Haven't tried calls yet. They do fit deeper, but I don't have any issue with ergonomics or comfort (which is good). However, I do feel some movement with aerobic exercise, but weightlifting is fine. Physical buttons aren't overly stiff or loose and function well (play/pause, track skip, vol controls).

Looking forward to the app that's slated to come out soon, but even without it, I'm quite satisfied.

Also, these things were quite the surprise. Great clarity, soundstage (for an IEM), and pleasing bass (not super boosted). Sound kind of reminds me of the Galaxy Buds. The only downside is isolation is not very good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P4CHTXP/

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #14,280 of 62,801
Hello..long time lurker here.

Been using the MTW for 3 months + now and I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Sony WF-1000XM3s..

So far with the MTW, the sound staging and clarity and sound signature has been very good. It tends to be very revealing and the bass is suppressed even with the EQ. Kinda reminds me how they designed the HD800. :) But the low-end is present but lighter than I'd prefer. It also has some issues with connectivity even when walking around town or going to work, plus short battery life with drain issue.

Considering to get the Sony XM3s now as a complement for bassy EDM (Charli XCX, Lorde, Korean pop) tracks and longer battery life; see that I'll use them interchangeably instead of throwing the MTW away.

My priorities are on pure SQ. I can live with the other shortcomings like battery life or connectivity. I just want to know I'm getting the best sound for the $$.

What do you think? Any owners of both can chime? I have seen owners of MTW move to XM3s and vice versa. Happy to know what you think.

I have both and prefer the WF-1000XM3. In fact, I haven't used my MTW for a while now and looking to sell them. Bass on the WF-1000XM3 is excellent and can be adjusted to your preference via app. Not a fan of the EQ dot scheme on the Sennheiser app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back