Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 23, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #14,011 of 62,443
Just purchased these B&O clones. You can use promo code EARBUDSOFF to knock off $19.99. In my haste, I actually forgot to use it, so I sent the seller a message to see if they will refund me the difference, instead of having to return then re-buy (after testing them to see if they rock, of course).

I just grabbed these, what a discount code. Thanks man. Hopefully these will be better than the SoundPeets Truegarbage you made me buy. :laughing::laughing: Jk, bro.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #14,012 of 62,443
Actually they are pretty low profile even though they are bullet shaped. It protrudes about the same as my galaxy buds which doesn't protrude much too.

I think you are going to have to prove it...the stock photos make them look like Frankenstein corks.

melomania.jpg
Frankenbrand_1.png

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #14,013 of 62,443
for a split second I read NOSE conduction and wondered 'oh, wow, what marvel of audio technology did I miss there?' :thinking: :L3000:

haha, sorry I meant BONE conduction

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #14,014 of 62,443
I tried a pair out for a few days a while back and honestly given the variant nature of their noisemaking and especially given that they're intended for inherently noisy environments wherein you want to be able to hear said environmental noise they're pretty dang good. I'd still be rocking them except I couldn't get a stable fit—I think the "cable" loop wanted to rest right where my ponytail does—and the "earpieces" would get nudged out of position every time I looked up or down more than just a hair and given the nature of how they make sound that basically meant I couldn't hear them clearly until I returned my head to the level. Tried the Air and both sizes of Titanium. Ah well. Maybe if they come out with an over-the-head form factor...

I agree, for what they are, they sound really good. They’ve saved my life while riding my bicycle a few times now. So the fact that I can ride my bicycle and still have 100% situational awareness is awesome.

FYI, there is a little known fat that they sell 2 sizes - the ‘standard’ one is probably the one you tried. It’s meant for larger heads. They sell a ‘small’ size, that is intended for women and people with smaller heads (like teens). If you want the small, it’s harder to find though. If you buy it from their official eBay/Amazon shop you can just request the small size. You can also order the small direct from their website. Just something to think about, as I think that would probably have for you properly.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that you tried both sizes of Titanium. Sorry neither size worked out for you :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #14,015 of 62,443
I agree, for what they are, they sound really good. They’ve saved my life while riding my bicycle a few times now. So the fact that I can ride my bicycle and still have 100% situational awareness is awesome.

FYI, there is a little known fat that they sell 2 sizes - the ‘standard’ one is probably the one you tried. It’s meant for larger heads. They sell a ‘small’ size, that is intended for women and people with smaller heads (like teens). If you want the small, it’s harder to find though. If you buy it from their official eBay/Amazon shop you can just request the small size. You can also order the small direct from their website. Just something to think about, as I think that would probably have for you properly.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that you tried both sizes of Titanium. Sorry neither size worked out for you :frowning2:
Apparently they've got a new design out and despite knowing it probably wouldn't fare any better I'm tempted by the self-contained (built-in mp3 player) model... :upside_down: It is aimed at swimmers though, and presumably that means it's got a pretty dang firm grip... >->

Anyhow, back on topic... :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #14,016 of 62,443
Anyone with the MW07/+, can they fit normal 4.9mm ID tips?

Not sure those specifically, but they have pretty small nozzles so I think you should be fine with most tips.

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #14,018 of 62,443
Well, I just got the SoundPeets Truengine SE and i'd have to say out of all the cheap TWS's i've heard these are probably one of the absolute worst as far as tuning is concerned. TruGarbage SE. I like the fit and the buttons are easy to press, almost too easy. Great compact case, nice design, although the clear plastic looks a bit cheap. I can say however these win the award for the worst Qualcomm 3020 chipset TWS i've heard. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Yep, trash. I think “tuned” is an overstatement. I’m pretty sure nothing like that ever happened!

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #14,019 of 62,443
Funny you say that, because I actually took a look at your review before I purchased these because I remembered you reviewed something that appeared similar. :)

Compared to the UiiSii, t looks like the KOSETON has no light on the face of the earbuds, the inside face of the earbuds appears a little less curved and almost identical to the B&O, the mic is in a different position (the same position as the B&O), 9 hours quoted playtime vs. 4 hours, and have a Qualcomm SoC. They're even called the KOSETON "E8". LOL!

I'm hoping these things sound great, but we shall see!
just picked them up, and used the code as well. Will be here sAturday.

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #14,020 of 62,443
OK, got the Shanling MTW100 BA black tonight. First off volume capability is well below SSK Anbes clones. I suspect they are similar sound once you get good seal with good tips that fit. Maybe slightly better detail. I think bass response is flatter, but need way better fit and seal to get any bass vs the SSK. Maybe a BA vs dynamic thing. Would be no biggie, but tips that fit my ear are deeper style and done fit in case. That and the lack of volume are a bit of a bummer. Suspect I might find tips that fit case and still seal deep enough.

And although maybe flatter, more detailed, and better imaging than the SSK I have, they are just not as impactful and tight at reproduction of say drums.

Not had them long enough to comment on battery life or features. No volume control is a bummer... Particularly when the seem to max out as such a low volume...makes you feel there is some setting to make them louder you are missing. Get loud enough... Just not the same as SSK at all. The ambient feature was my real reason for getting them and think the sound is as good or better than SSK even if not as exciting and impactful. I suspect the SSK even has a bit more complete response with fuller bass and mid bass. Suspect that is part of the lack or impact on these. Some of it is just the max volume being bit under what I sometimes have been putting the SSKs upto though.

Now to find tips that fit this case and allow this sound.... All the stock tips wipe all low frequency away when I try them.

What are the foam with silicone coated ones some have talked about?

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #14,021 of 62,443
Not sure those specifically, but they have pretty small nozzles so I think you should be fine with most tips.
I think 4.9mm is a common tip inner diameter. I love my JVC tips, the ones that come stock with the HA-FX700, so I'm looking for something that'll fit those.

I'm using mine paired to a Galaxy Note 8 so I suspect they're only working in master/slave mode. To be honest I've never really worn them long enough for the battery to have run out. I think they claim the battery life on the headphones themselves are treated at 10 hours and the case is rated at 50 hours so yours don't appear to be behaving properly. Perhaps they need a reset?
Yeah I think I have a bad pair. I saw some of the amazon reviews mention they also had bad left sides. My left unit dies shortly before 5 hours whereas the right one will last a solid 7 to 7.5 hours of use. They're going to go back unfortunately, probably for good because I can't seem to adjust to the tips. The large ones fit well for a little while but today they were starting to make my ears ache. I'll probably give another day or two but right now I'm looking at the MW07+

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #14,022 of 62,443
Do the HA-FX700 come with the famous Spiral Dots? Reason I'm asking is I can't seem to source the Spiral Dots in Europe so might try to get some "cheap" (so not the HA-FX700!) that come with them and see if they work for me.

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #14,023 of 62,443
Well I can also confirm you that the MWO7 + doesn't support AAC. I've tried with the "Bluetooth Explorer" app on my imac (2018, Mojave). I can force APTX and it works but if I put "Disable APTX", I've got only SBC. With my mac, the quality is really worse. I don't know why, but it's a little better with my iphone (11 pro ios 13.2). The SQ of the MW07+ with my iphone is correct but not as good with APTX in my mac.

I am quite disappointed because a person of Master Dynamic (Jason) confirm me the support of AAC.
For the rest (size, fit, weigh, power, connectivity, design), it's nearly perfects TW (I've bought and sold or return Jabra Elite 65T, Momentum, MW07, Tevi, Cambridge Melomania 1, Earin M2).
I give them one week and see if I keep these TW.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #14,024 of 62,443
Thanks for confirming. Did you get hit by taxes ?
I was going to try the Melomania 1 as I've read they are good combo of SQ and isolation, what didn't you like about them ?

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #14,025 of 62,443
any chance we could get like a Top 5 cheap TWS list or something? There is like 1k pages here I don't feel like going through. Maybe update the OP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back