Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #13,291 of 62,738
So what are you guys thinking so far about the soundcore liberty pro 2 ?

Mine arrived today. I’m charging them up currently, but I did try them out for a few songs.

I’m used to smaller profile buds...like MPOW and Bomaker...so the do have more bulk to them. But they are comfortable.

The functions are activated by pushing a side switch button on either bud. It is very small. But easy to press and better then jamming the bud into your ear canal like on the Outlier.
The SQ seems good. Bass is strong. Nice mids and highs.

I’ll report back more later. I’m not sure the form factor is for me.
I'm Loving mine. Audio bliss.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #13,292 of 62,738
Looking forward to it. Please comment on layering of sound and if it seems like their specific dual driver setup makes a difference. @d3myz indicated it sounds like the crossover may have a dip effect in some of the mid-range frequencies.
Did I post that or did you read my mind? LOL. I did do the ear test and my left ear is quite a bit different than my right, I couldn't hear some of the freq. in the 3k range or in the 3-400hz range, so the eq boosted those, but the L2P's setting for me sound bad. I think the layering sounds fantastic. The natural eq of the unit is def. heavily V shaped, but with eq all the mids are there and they sound great.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #13,293 of 62,738
Ordered the Liberty Pro 2, had a $100 Amazon gift card (after returning the Tevi). Looking forward to hearing them, but I remain a Cambridge Audio M1 fan, as long as I can use foam tips with them. Will make a nice 1-2 TW collection I think (Have the Tranya T1 and the QCY TW too, but don't use them much). Thanks for the info. I can tweak them using the Kaiser Audio app on my phone; it's a great player, with a 20-band EQ option. Well worth the $10 price tag.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #13,294 of 62,738
Thanks. I also generally use the Plantronics 5100 for calls. Would be great to have one set of earphones that did it all— great ANC, great sound, great mic/call quality, comfortable, IPX7, transparency, volume control, at least 8 hours of battery life — and reasonable price. Is that too much to ask for? :wink:
Yes, that is too much to ask for. :p

Also, you'll only have one TWS. Who the heck wants just one? TWS' are like Cheetos, can't have just one, bruh!

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #13,296 of 62,738
Received my MPOW M5 today. Sound pretty decent so far. Capable of getting very loud. Much more so than my 65t. 3 volume clicks on these seems about the same as 6 on my Jabra.

One issue I'm noticing is variance in volume. While streaming music the volume seems to be steady for a while then randomly go up and down.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #13,297 of 62,738
Received my MPOW M5 today. Sound pretty decent so far. Capable of getting very loud. Much more so than my 65t. 3 volume clicks on these seems about the same as 6 on my Jabra.

One issue I'm noticing is variance in volume. While streaming music the volume seems to be steady for a while then randomly go up and down.

Anyone else have this issue?
Hmm, never had the volume issue. What streaming service are you using? You might want to check the connection settings within the app, as it may auto-reduce quality if your connection strength is low.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #13,300 of 62,738
Hmm, never had the volume issue. What streaming service are you using? You might want to check the connection settings within the app, as it may auto-reduce quality if your connection strength is low.

I was streaming the iHeart Radio App. The volume variance is very subtle. Almost like when a car is set to adjust for road noise. Everytime it adjusts it's smooth and slow, not abrupt.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #13,301 of 62,738
Catching up....

Maybe the DDs also needed some more burn in, but I was really taken aback by how little bass came through ... could always be a fit issue on top of that, this is always a problem for me with in store auditioning ... but i.e. when I tried a powerbeats a few days ago, I was impressed beyond expectations by both, the quantity while maintaining quality of the bass. I think it has a lot to do with expectations .. maybe I wanted too much from the Shanling ..

funny though how I did not appreciate my Mifo in the beginning, and now they are in my top 5 :) Just sounds fuller IMHO

Thank you for this - I'm having a hard time finding DD Shanling MTW100 impressions - I appreciate it! let me know if the bass improves for you with time or tips please!

Anyone else find that the outgoing call quality on the Sony WF-1000xM3 is horrible? Wondering if I just have a bad set, or I’m missing a setting — or the call quality is just bad. Diappointing, because I would have thought that the ANC mics would have allowed good ambient noise reduction on calls — but that seems to be anything but the case.

No, you don;t have a bad pair. The call quality is nothing to write home about. When testing the call quality, the volume is fine, but your voice may come across as somewhat muffled. Still intelligible, but definitely not something I would choose to use if I'm going to be on calls frequently. For travel and taking a call here and there, they'll do. Watching numerous YouTube clips of the call quality, I knew going into it that they were not going to be used for that purpose. That being said, I hope they release a firmware update to correct some of the mic issues. This guy has a good review on some of the recent firmware updates (they did take down 1.3.0 update, so I'm stuck at 1.2.3 for now).

If I know I'm going to be on calls, I use my Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100. They work well for calls and still have good sound (I enjoy a little more bass than your typical "audiophile").

I agree - my call quality with the Sony's was actually worse than I had anticipated - I just thought they were really going to crush it (with no reason for thinking that) but I was disappointed - not unusable, but very good.

I'm interested to try these Backbeats....

Looking forward to it. Please comment on layering of sound and if it seems like their specific dual driver setup makes a difference. @d3myz indicated it sounds like the crossover may have a dip effect in some of the mid-range frequencies.

Hah! I got you this time, @hifi80sman - should I be disappointed that you didn't remember that it was I who claimed that they were somehow both bright/compressed in the treble with a seeming dip in the mids! :D :laughing:

Initial Impressions of the Liberty Pro 2. Wow! They sound great so far. Been playing with the eq's and the hearing test EQ. I've done it a bunch of times and not liking the EQ it chooses for my ears. I find I prefer the flat or piano setting even the reduced bass setting. I really wish there was a way to manually EQ them. This is my first experience with a Knowles BA and it does sound really crisp and clean, but it can get quite bright. I haven't found it shrill, but I do prefer a little warmer treble signature, easily adjustable by eq. Lots of texture in the bass. Great punch and sub-bass. I'm hearing things in songs I've never heard before especially in the mid bass. I got the $100 early bird deal. I just compared them to the Tevi, the highs and mids are obviously much crisper, but I do have a new appreciation for the TEVI, but not at $90. the L2P is just a different animal, probably thanks to the BA? I'd happily pay $150 for these. The Fit feels great. I've tried 3-4 different tips and only complaint so far is the noise isolation isn't as good as some of my other TWS'. Phone calls are fine, I don't think sound as good as the Tranya T3, as far as hearing others, but I'm told the mic sounds good. I did notice that when I was talking at the same time as someone else, their voice cut out. so Far these are the best TWS' i've ever used. I really love them.

Did I post that or did you read my mind? LOL. I did do the ear test and my left ear is quite a bit different than my right, I couldn't hear some of the freq. in the 3k range or in the 3-400hz range, so the eq boosted those, but the L2P's setting for me sound bad. I think the layering sounds fantastic. The natural eq of the unit is def. heavily V shaped, but with eq all the mids are there and they sound great.

Thank you for the impressions! It seems our experience or subjective tastes differ - (I prefer darker/basshead signatures) - what do you think of the Vocal Boost preset?

For me, I found that the spike in treble resulted in some songs being hard to listen to above a certain volume - somewhat piercing. Can you try "Black Truck" by Mereba and Floor Seats by A$AP Ferg and let me know what you think of the vocals/treble compared with your TEVI? I love bass, and even enjoy the extra bass of the LPro2 - but my perceived mid dip and compressed/peaky highs are what's making me think I may send them back/or that I need to let the BA burn in or something. It's like a too small tweeter paired with a big Subwoofer to my ears lol. :D

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #13,302 of 62,738
Hah! I got you this time, @hifi80sman - should I be disappointed that you didn't remember that it was I who claimed that they were somehow both bright/compressed in the treble with a seeming dip in the mids! :D :laughing:
For me, I found that the spike in treble resulted in some songs being hard to listen to above a certain volume - somewhat piercing. Can you try "Black Truck" by Mereba and Floor Seats by A$AP Ferg and let me know what you think of the vocals/treble compared with your TEVI? I love bass, and even enjoy the extra bass of the LPro2 - but my perceived mid dip and compressed/peaky highs are what's making me think I may send them back/or that I need to let the BA burn in or something. It's like a too small tweeter paired with a big Subwoofer to my ears lol. :D
LOL!

Yeah, sounds like I enjoy a signature that's close to what you like. Treble sensitive, so I tend to enjoy a bit of roll off on the high end with nice meat in the middle and face-slapping lows.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #13,303 of 62,738
Yes, that is too much to ask for. :p

Also, you'll only have one TWS. Who the heck wants just one? TWS' are like Cheetos, can't have just one, bruh!

You mean like Pringles? One you pop you can't stop... at just one TWS :o2smile::k701smile:

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #13,304 of 62,738
Interesting review from Gamesky.

I have not tried the Liberty Pro 2, but I do have the Liberty Air 2, which he indicates sounds the same, with the same mic performance, etc.

I think this guy is reviewing the Liberty 2, not the Liberty 2 Pro (which has the coaxial dual driver setup).

Edit: Nevermind — I see this has been covered. Sorry

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #13,305 of 62,738
I think this guy is reviewing the Liberty 2, not the Liberty 2 Pro (which has the coaxial dual driver setup).

Edit: Nevermind — I see this has been covered. Sorry
Yeah, I got ahead of myself and turned into a Hypebeast. That's what happens when you load up with 2 Rockstars in the afternoon. The glossy case should have been an eye opener, but admittedly, I was distracted by screaming children arguing about who was where first. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back