Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #13,261 of 62,769
Damn you! I got sucked into an Icehouse hole this afternoon because of your post! Next thing I know, I'm listening to a reggae version of that song and Crazy. Did you know John Oates co-wrote Electric Blue? :L3000:
LOL! NICE! Yes, I got sucked down that hole too and yes, it did lead me to the John Oates nugget as well! Too funny! Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? No, Six Degrees of John Oates!

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #13,262 of 62,769
Thanks! Although I guess it shows a combination of having no life plus audiophile obsession lol

As far as those buds, I’ll see what price they go to during 11.11. If they’re cheap enough, I’ll be willing to try them out. As long as my expectation is that they’ll be crap, then I won’t be disappointed right?
I say doing what you enjoy IS having a life! :)

I feel sorry for the people that just have stock earbuds that come with their phone. Brutal existence. It's like Bert without Ernie.
Capture.JPG

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #13,263 of 62,769
I was just browsing through some online reviews of the galaxy buds, and some reviews mentioned when paired with a galaxy s10, the default codec was adaptive LDAC ! Can this possibly be true? Can anyone confirm what super-secret codec is used when paired with late model Galaxy phone?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #13,264 of 62,769
Could someone write a list of all the new more "high end" TWSs which are coming soon, or have recently been released?
Like Klipsch T5, Jabra 75t, Libratone Track+ and so on.
I could be in the market for a more expensive TWS which checks all the boxes. Sound quality, at least supports AAC codec, transparent mode, battery, good mic and with touch/buttons that controls all features (Volume, Siri and the obvious play/pause and skip tracks.)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #13,265 of 62,769
I was just browsing through some online reviews of the galaxy buds, and some reviews mentioned when paired with a galaxy s10, the default codec was adaptive LDAC ! Can this possibly be true? Can anyone confirm what super-secret codec is used when paired with late model Galaxy phone?

There is no chance they support ldac.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #13,266 of 62,769
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #13,267 of 62,769
The codec is listed as Scalable Codec when the Galaxy buds are paired with newer model Samsung phones. I doubt it's LDAC.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #13,268 of 62,769

Samsung Scalable Codec, to be precise. not LDAC at all. it is present on my Note 8. i presume it is based on SBC, but with higher bitrate than usual, but that is pure guessing. there's nothing bad about SBC actually, in fact SBC at maximum should be equal or even better than AAC

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #13,270 of 62,769
I say doing what you enjoy IS having a life! :)

++ 100%

I feel sorry for the people that just have stock earbuds that come with their phone. Brutal existence. It's like Bert without Ernie.

(I think) You have that backwards. Ignorance is bliss. Most folks don't know the difference or, don't care. Being an audiophile / music lover / enthusiast / equipment junkie is really the Brutal existence. It's a never ending search. It can be VERY expensive. It consumes a lot of time. There's ALWAYS something better. Happiness (audio bliss) is short-lived as the hunt goes on. It's a beautiful life but there are a lot of caveats.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #13,271 of 62,769

Soooo, I finally got to listen to both(!), the DD and the BA versions of the new Shanling TWS.
And TL;DR: if you already have the Mifo O5 (BA) you might end up not buying, like me.

Both of them came across as rather bright, and in the BA model I can somehow appreciate this, but the Mifo adds a bit more fun (bass). Overall my high expectations were not met.
To be fair, these Shanlings were fresh out of box with minimal play time, burn in might change things. I also did not get to play with different ear tips.
Compared to the Mifo, the case feels a bit cheap. But very pocketable and I love the color combos.
Maybe my ears are just too old to acknowledge & cherish the Knowles BA.
I can see how some people might be very happy with the Shanling.

I did find the Knowles BAs needed quite a bit of time to burn in on my Shanling's (maybe 30+ hours when I stopped hearing differences). I think that's pretty standard for most BAs.

How did you find the DD's?

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #13,272 of 62,769
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #13,273 of 62,769
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #13,275 of 62,769
I did find the Knowles BAs needed quite a bit of time to burn in on my Shanling's (maybe 30+ hours when I stopped hearing differences). I think that's pretty standard for most BAs.

How did you find the DD's?

Maybe the DDs also needed some more burn in, but I was really taken aback by how little bass came through ... could always be a fit issue on top of that, this is always a problem for me with in store auditioning ... but i.e. when I tried a powerbeats a few days ago, I was impressed beyond expectations by both, the quantity while maintaining quality of the bass. I think it has a lot to do with expectations .. maybe I wanted too much from the Shanling ..

funny though how I did not appreciate my Mifo in the beginning, and now they are in my top 5 :) Just sounds fuller IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back