Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #13,276 of 62,728
By the way, I was looking around today and found some YT 'first looks' for the KZ E10 ... and, well, if El Jefe or Bad Guy Good Audio are members here (or just lurking), I don't mean to step on toes ... but well ... actually not much I can say without stepping on toes. Mainly lotsa hot air, until the 'real' review video comes? But seriously, opening the case 3-4 times because the blue light is so mesmerizing? :D

If all goes well I will have my unit by Monday ... we shall see

(one AliX review by an Australian guy describes the case as flimsy and a constant hiss, sounds like a faulty unit? Everyone else seems to love them ... )

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #13,277 of 62,728
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #13,278 of 62,728
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #13,279 of 62,728
Maybe the DDs also needed some more burn in, but I was really taken aback by how little bass came through ... could always be a fit issue on top of that, this is always a problem for me with in store auditioning ... but i.e. when I tried a powerbeats a few days ago, I was impressed beyond expectations by both, the quantity while maintaining quality of the bass. I think it has a lot to do with expectations .. maybe I wanted too much from the Shanling ..

funny though how I did not appreciate my Mifo in the beginning, and now they are in my top 5 :) Just sounds fuller IMHO

You have any of the 359/SSK or other cheaper ones everyone has since they are so cheap you could compare the bass too, haha? Seems everyone has a different opinion on what is proper/flat for Bass/Mid-bass response somehow. I think has to do with all the variables with bass response and how it ends up actually getting produced. Higher frequencies seems be a bit more 1:1 with tuning and driver involved, but bass can vary a lot with same driver and tuning, but different enclosure and even biology and stuff. But I am always curious what someones take is vs something I have/know.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #13,280 of 62,728
Anyone else find that the outgoing call quality on the Sony WF-1000xM3 is horrible? Wondering if I just have a bad set, or I’m missing a setting — or the call quality is just bad. Diappointing, because I would have thought that the ANC mics would have allowed good ambient noise reduction on calls — but that seems to be anything but the case.

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #13,281 of 62,728
Hello. Can you advice TWS with better sound quality? Firstly i have QCY T1, after bought sabbat x12 pro. Btw i switch on them from er4s and very happy without cables. But i feel must go on. Yesterday i thinking about mifo o5 pro with BA and today JD sent me a good deal to email for mifo o5 pro for 59$. Can i buy something better than that for that money or below 100$?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #13,282 of 62,728
Anyone else find that the outgoing call quality on the Sony WF-1000xM3 is horrible? Wondering if I just have a bad set, or I’m missing a setting — or the call quality is just bad. Diappointing, because I would have thought that the ANC mics would have allowed good ambient noise reduction on calls — but that seems to be anything but the case.
No, you don;t have a bad pair. The call quality is nothing to write home about. When testing the call quality, the volume is fine, but your voice may come across as somewhat muffled. Still intelligible, but definitely not something I would choose to use if I'm going to be on calls frequently. For travel and taking a call here and there, they'll do. Watching numerous YouTube clips of the call quality, I knew going into it that they were not going to be used for that purpose. That being said, I hope they release a firmware update to correct some of the mic issues. This guy has a good review on some of the recent firmware updates (they did take down 1.3.0 update, so I'm stuck at 1.2.3 for now).

If I know I'm going to be on calls, I use my Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100. They work well for calls and still have good sound (I enjoy a little more bass than your typical "audiophile").

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #13,284 of 62,728
Good day
I'm interested in the Momentum True Wireless earphones
Can anyone comment on their sound quality?
I don't care about call quality
Thanks
Gord

I use them every day and think they are great and they are pretty well regarded in terms of SQ (if you don't mind the cost). One of the biggest criticisms have been battery life and the battery drain issue which doesn't really bother me since I charge them at least once every 2-3 days. There is some basic EQ in the app as well. They have been discussed at some length in this thread so I would do a search.

In terms of SQ, the MW07s are supposed to be great. There is supposed to be a MW07 Plus coming out soon so you may want to do some research in the meantime and try out both if you can wait.

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #13,285 of 62,728
So what are you guys thinking so far about the soundcore liberty pro 2 ?

Mine arrived today. I’m charging them up currently, but I did try them out for a few songs.

I’m used to smaller profile buds...like MPOW and Bomaker...so the do have more bulk to them. But they are comfortable.

The functions are activated by pushing a side switch button on either bud. It is very small. But easy to press and better then jamming the bud into your ear canal like on the Outlier.
The SQ seems good. Bass is strong. Nice mids and highs.

I’ll report back more later. I’m not sure the form factor is for me.

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #13,286 of 62,728
They have been discussed at some length in this thread so I would do a search.

Agreed. This model has been talked about in this thread probably more than any other model. This thread is a treasure trove of info, and a search would definitely be beneficial :)

Oct 11, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #13,287 of 62,728
So what are you guys thinking so far about the soundcore liberty pro 2 ?

Mine arrived today. I’m charging them up currently, but I did try them out for a few songs.

I’m used to smaller profile buds...like MPOW and Bomaker...so the do have more bulk to them. But they are comfortable.

The functions are activated by pushing a side switch button on either bud. It is very small. But easy to press and better then jamming the bud into your ear canal like on the Outlier.
The SQ seems good. Bass is strong. Nice mids and highs.

I’ll report back more later. I’m not sure the form factor is for me.
Looking forward to it. Please comment on layering of sound and if it seems like their specific dual driver setup makes a difference. @d3myz indicated it sounds like the crossover may have a dip effect in some of the mid-range frequencies.

Oct 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #13,288 of 62,728
By the way, I was looking around today and found some YT 'first looks' for the KZ E10 ... and, well, if El Jefe or Bad Guy Good Audio are members here (or just lurking), I don't mean to step on toes ... but well ... actually not much I can say without stepping on toes. Mainly lotsa hot air, until the 'real' review video comes? But seriously, opening the case 3-4 times because the blue light is so mesmerizing? :D

If all goes well I will have my unit by Monday ... we shall see

(one AliX review by an Australian guy describes the case as flimsy and a constant hiss, sounds like a faulty unit? Everyone else seems to love them ... )

One of the youtubers you mentioned seems to have connection issues with his review unit.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #13,289 of 62,728
No, you don;t have a bad pair. The call quality is nothing to write home about. When testing the call quality, the volume is fine, but your voice may come across as somewhat muffled. Still intelligible, but definitely not something I would choose to use if I'm going to be on calls frequently. For travel and taking a call here and there, they'll do. Watching numerous YouTube clips of the call quality, I knew going into it that they were not going to be used for that purpose. That being said, I hope they release a firmware update to correct some of the mic issues. This guy has a good review on some of the recent firmware updates (they did take down 1.3.0 update, so I'm stuck at 1.2.3 for now).

If I know I'm going to be on calls, I use my Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100. They work well for calls and still have good sound (I enjoy a little more bass than your typical "audiophile").

Thanks. I also generally use the Plantronics 5100 for calls. Would be great to have one set of earphones that did it all— great ANC, great sound, great mic/call quality, comfortable, IPX7, transparency, volume control, at least 8 hours of battery life — and reasonable price. Is that too much to ask for? :wink:

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #13,290 of 62,728
Initial Impressions of the Liberty Pro 2. Wow! They sound great so far. Been playing with the eq's and the hearing test EQ. I've done it a bunch of times and not liking the EQ it chooses for my ears. I find I prefer the flat or piano setting even the reduced bass setting. I really wish there was a way to manually EQ them. This is my first experience with a Knowles BA and it does sound really crisp and clean, but it can get quite bright. I haven't found it shrill, but I do prefer a little warmer treble signature, easily adjustable by eq. Lots of texture in the bass. Great punch and sub-bass. I'm hearing things in songs I've never heard before especially in the mid bass. I got the $100 early bird deal. I just compared them to the Tevi, the highs and mids are obviously much crisper, but I do have a new appreciation for the TEVI, but not at $90. the L2P is just a different animal, probably thanks to the BA? I'd happily pay $150 for these. The Fit feels great. I've tried 3-4 different tips and only complaint so far is the noise isolation isn't as good as some of my other TWS'. Phone calls are fine, I don't think sound as good as the Tranya T3, as far as hearing others, but I'm told the mic sounds good. I did notice that when I was talking at the same time as someone else, their voice cut out. so Far these are the best TWS' i've ever used. I really love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back