Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #13,053 of 62,440
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #13,054 of 62,440
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #13,055 of 62,440
I can verify the Yineme's are not clones, they have a totally different sound signature.

Thanks, updated my post. Maybe the only new discovery is the Jentxon then.

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #13,056 of 62,440
With your lineup $45 def. seems reasonable. I'm on the opposite end, The most expensive pair I own are the TEVI's $(90). Soon to be the Soundcore Liberty 2 pro. I def. recommend checking out the Mpow T5, SSK BT03, and the Tranya B530's you may be surprised how good they sound for the $$.
How is the noise isolation on the Mpow T5?

Thanks

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #13,058 of 62,440
Ahh, read it wrong. @Slater replied after your email and said it was the best $20 he's ever spent, but he was talking about something else. :xf_eek:

Got too excited and went into Hypebeast mode.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the SSK, which I bought from Amazon for $20.99 shipped.

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #13,059 of 62,440
In spite of this thread seemingly having turned into a private chat between a few people and nobody replying to my question, I bought the Sennheiser Momentum TW today. I'm a fussy audiophile and the sound on these is amazing with Amazon music HD. Not DAC+HD600 amazing but closer than I would have imagined possible. Pairing was simple and instant. Transparency mode just pauses the music which seems pointless. No battery issues so far. My favourite IEM out of many.

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #13,060 of 62,440
I'm a fussy audiophile...

None of us get are getting paid, and we don’t work for you. Sometimes questions slip through the cracks or go unanswered because people don’t see it or don’t know the answer. No need for snarky comments.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #13,062 of 62,440
In spite of this thread seemingly having turned into a private chat between a few people and nobody replying to my question, I bought the Sennheiser Momentum TW today. I'm a fussy audiophile and the sound on these is amazing with Amazon music HD. Not DAC+HD600 amazing but closer than I would have imagined possible. Pairing was simple and instant. Transparency mode just pauses the music which seems pointless. No battery issues so far. My favourite IEM out of many.

Congratulations! It's always fun getting a new TWS'. IEM's are wired just FYI. The Momentum has been talked about ad infinitum here, maybe that's why no one commented on it. It does seem a lot of our discussions are in regards to what's new and coming up and what the best sounding, inexpensive TWS with the best features is etc. We are always interested to hear about new stuff or TWS' people have tested. reviewed or posted impressions. We like pics too. If you like the Momentum, you should check out the Lypertek Tevi, I've heard it's very similar and costs $90. I know how it feels to join a head-fi thread and no one respond to you, so I feel you man. We are a good group of dudes, the best way to get some group love is to ask about something after searching for it in the thread or try it out. Chances our one of us hopeless TWS fiends has it or has had it and we'll give you some super bias opinion about it. Hahaha....kidding, but no really. LOL.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #13,064 of 62,440
My Libratone Track Air+ arrived this morning. It was about a 2 week journey as I ordered them from Amazon UK and had them shipped to a friend in Germany who forwarded them to me here in FL, as Amazon UK does not deliver to the US.

At any rate, after charging (via wireless), pairing with my phone (instant) choosing the best-fitting tips and finally selecting my options from the Libratone app, I have had a chance to spend some time listening to some of my favorite tidal selections.

I was pleased to find that the largest of the included tips fit my ears perfectly and rendered the phones as if super-glued in my ears! These are the first TWS phones I have owned that I found an included tip that fit my challenging ear canals.

They are very light and actually seem to disappear in my ears. The small horns cause no issues at all. The double tap touch controls work reliably with just enough weight to prevent accidental changes. I set one side to "Next" play selection and the other side to "Hear through/Auto ANC. ( I have only used them with the manual ANC for a short time just to see how it works, which is actually pretty well) The Auto noise cancelling is quite subtle and seamless.

I did try the Bass, Neutral and Treble tone choices and found the Neutral to sound the most natural and lifelike to my ears. SQ is superb, with an expansive soundstage and spot-on vocal and instrumental timbre. These actually compare well with my custom MG5Pro IEM's. To my ears, they are the best sounding of any of my other TWS buds. (Also the most expensive!)

So far, connectivity has been rock-solid with no hiccups at all.

I have a coupon from Jabra for a discount on the new 75t which I was planning to try, but with the Track Air+ performing so well, I am not sure whether to go for the new Jabra or not.

On the down side, the limited touch functions might be a deal-breaker for some, but it seems that the auto ANC keeps things quiet enough that I don't need to do much fiddling with my phone volume control as there is no volume control on the phones. Also, I decided that the Hear-through/Auto ANC options was more useful to me than the Play/Pause option. I have no idea if additional functions will be added via a future firmware update or not. While the app does allow a reasonable degree of customization, it is not nearly as well-developed as is the Jabra Sound+ app.

I hope this brief overview is useful for anyone considering the purchase of the Track Air+.

Thanks for this. Can you confirm no AAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back