Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #12,916 of 62,466
The Plantronics are good. SQ is a little bass boosted, mids are a little scooped, and there is a mild bump in the treble (probably around 8-10 kHz). Overall, I enjoy the sound signature and use it when I know I'm going to be on calls frequently throughout the day.

Guess Plantronics stepped up their game in terms of audio quality with these and I prefer a warmish sound signature. I read through some of the reviews on Amazon which mirror what you're saying. However, some are saying that there are blatant, intermittent connectivity issues. Plus micro USB is pure silliness nowadays, especially at this price point.

I'll hold off and see what people say about the upcoming Jabra 75t. No surprise that it comes with HFP 1.7.

I guess it'll be easier to convince my wife why I needed to get true wireless buds if it has good call quality. "I needed them for work babe. Get with the times please. Oh, you want a pair too? Hold on. Let me check on headfi what would best work for you." Ugh, these first world problems...

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #12,919 of 62,466
Oct 5, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #12,922 of 62,466
Guess Plantronics stepped up their game in terms of audio quality with these and I prefer a warmish sound signature. I read through some of the reviews on Amazon which mirror what you're saying. However, some are saying that there are blatant, intermittent connectivity issues. Plus micro USB is pure silliness nowadays, especially at this price point.

I'll hold off and see what people say about the upcoming Jabra 75t. No surprise that it comes with HFP 1.7.

I guess it'll be easier to convince my wife why I needed to get true wireless buds if it has good call quality. "I needed them for work babe. Get with the times please. Oh, you want a pair too? Hold on. Let me check on headfi what would best work for you." Ugh, these first world problems...
Yeah, for calls, totally recommend the 65t, so the 75t is a no brainer.

I do wish Plantronics went with USB-C, but the wind cancellation ability was the most attractive. On nice days, I like to sit outside at the coffee shop, so if I have to jump on the line for business, I don't have to move inside if it's breezy.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #12,925 of 62,466
Hey! I have Anomoibuds Capsule. What do you recommend as a sound upgrade for them (larger, more three-dimensional soundstage), which will play at least 6 hours on one charge? My budget is ~$100. Cheers!

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #12,926 of 62,466
I love Dynamic Drivers and I love the MTW100 Balanced Armature. What can I say? :)

I really appreciate all your reviews. I think I'm down to either the MTW100 or the Tevi. Have you been able to compare those two?

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #12,927 of 62,466
I really appreciate all your reviews. I think I'm down to either the MTW100 or the Tevi. Have you been able to compare those two?

My opinion may mean little (owning neither) but of the two, I am only considering the mtw100 BA or DD and not the Tevi - the opinion I've subconsciously formed reading the thread was that the mtw100 has superior in sq and is more to my taste, the case seems more convenient, and given the Tevi proximity to the T5 - I'd get the T5 but I think the shanlings are more worth the $100.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #12,928 of 62,466
Hey! I have Anomoibuds Capsule. What do you recommend as a sound upgrade for them (larger, more three-dimensional soundstage), which will play at least 6 hours on one charge? My budget is ~$100. Cheers!
@Bartig has a pretty good site that may help you out.
https://www.scarbir.com/truewireless

However, if this is you below and you've already viewed the site, then I'd recommend:
upload_2019-10-4_22-43-6.png

In no particular order:
1) Creative Outlier Air or Gold - Sound is great, but buttons are a bit stiff. If you can deal with the buttons, they are a good buy and have great specs.
2) 1More Stylish - Great call quality, comfortable. Good sound, a little warm/dark, but can EQ. Deep bass.
3) Aukey T10 - Sound is very similar to the Galaxy Buds. Very crisp, clean sound. Well balanced.
4) Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 - Great clarity, notes sound precise, with well defined bass. 22 presets for EQ within the app to find a setting you like. They do have the Airpod look, so if you don't mind that, they're a great choice.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #12,929 of 62,466

I have the Mpow T5 and Shanling MTW100 BA. I know the Tevi is a more audiophile tuned version of the T5. If that's what you're looking for,I would suggest the MTW100 BA.
1. It uses a Knowles BA driver so you'll get better clarity (and since Tevi doesn't have much bass, you're not missing that).
2. Ambient mode.
3. Much much smaller case.
4. Qi charging? (not sure about Tevi)
5. Usb C? You can probably compare the tech specs....

That Knowles BA driver is really good. I'm not surprised @Bartig ranked them #1 under $100

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #12,930 of 62,466
Another point to add about the SSK Anbes alikes. Not sure if this is true of others, but the audio sync to video on these is pretty bad. The qualcomm stuff was better in all instance from this perspective. Only just now realized that as I was mostly listening to music. For the $20-30 price seems like a reasonable compromise if you just need them for music anyhow. Not sure this would be universal on the Anbes 359 alikes as seems someone found they get made with various chipsets and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back