Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 27, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #12,437 of 62,801
In fairness, the 359's don't have that much bass... Are those just completely missing it?
Well, compared to these two lets just say the 359's have Very Good Bass. LOL, but the circular Yingeme's top end is surprisingly nice, they make the anbes sound someowhat muffled. I'd say they have near the same clarity as the B530's but the mids are much more boosted even more so than the T5, the vocals are very prominent and the reset of the music is in the background, not very well balanced.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #12,438 of 62,801
Question:
For those of you/us that are trying different TWS and returning to Amazon USA: Is there a point at which Amazon will question the number of product returns? I’ve only had a few but expect you veterans have had a bunch. Thanks.
I don't know of an exact number, but the more you buy and keep, the more you can buy and return. I'm about to return 10 products I bought last week, but I bought 5 that i'm keeping, so we'll see how it goes. fingers crossed.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #12,439 of 62,801
I don't know of an exact number, but the more you buy and keep, the more you can buy and return. I'm about to return 10 products I bought last week, but I bought 5 that i'm keeping, so we'll see how it goes. fingers crossed.

Wow, you need to put all of the ones you've tried in preferred order in your profile or signature :)

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #12,440 of 62,801
Wondering if anyone here can confirm whether Lypertek Tevis support a USB-PD connection for charging?

Here's a list so far based off personal experience as well as other user comments here:
USB-C-to-A only: Astrotec S60, Anbes 359/BE30 UFO, RHA TrueConnect, Jabees Firefly/Firefly Pro
USB-C-to-C support: Earfun Free, Sabbat E12, Sony WF-1000XM3

I've tried 2 different Anbes looking clones, both made by yineme, the cylinder case ones sounded decent, but missing bass, the circular case like the 359's had excellent detail really crisp highs and really prominent vocals but pretty much no bass as well.

Well, compared to these two lets just say the 359's have Very Good Bass. LOL, but the circular Yingeme's top end is surprisingly nice, they make the anbes sound someowhat muffled. I'd say they have near the same clarity as the B530's but the mids are much more boosted even more so than the T5, the vocals are very prominent and the reset of the music is in the background, not very well balanced.

Does either of them have USB-C port? Your impression sounds like my first pair off Aliexpress, branded "Coolhere UFO", which had a really airy, detailed sound, but sadly one side had way too much bass. It seemed more like this was down to DSP EQ rather than hardware, because I could hear the highs clip with piano sounds. Is volume control a button hold (as on this one) or double-tap? The BE30 Air is more balanced with tamer highs but almost sounds muddled in comparison. Sucks Anbes seems gone for good they had a wireless-charging USB-C TWS announced but I haven't seen any updates or reviews on it.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #12,441 of 62,801
Are you saying the 359 have bass but the clones don't, so they are not true clones?
Depends on your def. of a clone. To me a clone looks similar or exactly like another TWS' but the tuning will almost always be different. I haven't once ran into a Clone with the same sound signature as the original. latest example is the Lystar J29 and the Veatool J29. Exactly the same except the logo, different tuning, the Lystars sound much better. You could even claim they are a clone of the Anbes 360, not exact in form factor, but very close, the 360's dont' sound near as good.

upload_2019-9-27_12-49-32.png

upload_2019-9-27_12-49-38.png

upload_2019-9-27_12-49-44.png

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #12,443 of 62,801
I enjoy bass and think the Anbes 359 have great bass. There are so many clones around that may use different drivers, SoC, etc., so it's hard to say. Other than the Kissral, which feedback seems to indicate is the same as the Anbes 359, not sure about all the other clones. Also, there were different versions of the Anbes 359, but the one that seems to be the "real" one is the version in the black box, which seems to be hard to get now.

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #12,445 of 62,801
Wondering if anyone here can confirm whether Lypertek Tevis support a USB-PD connection for charging?

Here's a list so far based off personal experience as well as other user comments here:
USB-C-to-A only: Astrotec S60, Anbes 359/BE30 UFO, RHA TrueConnect, Jabees Firefly/Firefly Pro
USB-C-to-C support: Earfun Free, Sabbat E12, Sony WF-1000XM3
I have only charged my Tevis at work so far with my hard wired phone charger, not sure if that counts. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719KV9PH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just plugged the case into my USB C to C charger and it appears to be charging, can report back in a bit if it get fully charged. If they don't support it will they just not recognize it at all?

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #12,446 of 62,801
Depends on your def. of a clone. To me a clone looks similar or exactly like another TWS' but the tuning will almost always be different. I haven't once ran into a Clone with the same sound signature as the original. latest example is the Lystar J29 and the Veatool J29. Exactly the same except the logo, different tuning, the Lystars sound much better. You could even claim they are a clone of the Anbes 360, not exact in form factor, but very close, the 360's dont' sound near as good.

I see. My definition of clone is that they are the exact same except for the brand. For example, Takstar Pro 80 and Gemini HSR-1000 are the same headphones. Caipirina said that the SSK sound identical to the Anbes 359, so I ordered the SSK for $21. I wonder if anyone compared the 359 to the Kisrall R18 to confirm that those are also identical.

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #12,450 of 62,801
Wow, you need to put all of the ones you've tried in preferred order in your profile or signature :)
It would be a waste of time, honestly. There are only like 3 or 5 i've found that are worth keeping with my criteria. Volume Control, Voice Asst., IPX 5 or higher, 6-10 hour battery life. sound sig. varies, but my tops are the same as everyone else's and the order isn't really best to worst, because they all have different uses for diff moods. (not all of them fit my criteria above, just fyi)

1. Anbes 359
2. MPOW T5
3. Tranya B530
4. Tranya T3
5. Tiso i4 (Ipx 4 I think and no vol. control)
6. Bomaker SiFi (The bass is there, but it's not nearly enough, great clarity and build quality) These are the fastest connection TWS' i've used. great chipset.
7. OFUSHO F16 (Great bass, but they are giant battleships and without an EQ, the mid bass bleeds and the high mids just aren't enough for me. Overall they are a quality TWS')
8. Lystar J29's (admittedly these are kind of cheap and crappy, tons of driver flex, but they have a bright sound signature, wide sound stage, slightly boosted mids and there's something about them I really love.)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back