Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #12,316 of 62,585
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #12,317 of 62,585
anybody noticed that Lypertek logo looks like the Linkin Park logo? i just noticed it after some reviewer mentioned it

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #12,319 of 62,585
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #12,320 of 62,585
I have used the Louis Vuitton Horizon bluetooth earphones for almost six months now. It may not be the Tia Fourte Noir or the Legend X in terms of sound, but it is among the best of the bunch of wireless earphones that I have heard, sound wise and aesthetics-wise (it seems that everyone with a pair of ears is using AirPods these days). I am used to walking around with 3K+ IEMs and 2K+ cables, but it seemed that no one ever noticed or even had any idea how much they would cost. The Louis Vuitton is the only pair of earphones that would literally turn heads and I am very satisfied with its sound considering its wireless nature. Now I only use my high end IEMs at home mostly connected to the Playstaion 4 Pro or Xbox One X controllers... and very occasionally to my SP1000. And yes I know it is the identical thing as the Master & Dynamics MW07 with a 3 times markup.

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #12,321 of 62,585
Oh wow, those do look really cool!!
Wonder how that "coaxial dynamic driver" will do though...
I think I'd still rather try the TRN T200 for that money
Too much magic pixie dust on the Soundcore for me. How is 'Astria Coaxial Acoustic Architecture' anything more than just sticking a BA in the throat of a dynamic driver like you find from numerous other makers? I remain unconvinced by these claims of being able to automatically tailor EQ since the measuring equipment needed to do it properly would end up costing more than the earphones itself.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #12,322 of 62,585
Sep 26, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #12,323 of 62,585
The anker pro looks like a winner over the echo buds. Hmmm.

I just found this very, very entertaining video about the driver configuration in the Pro 2. Perhaps too entertaining...

Even better? They release right around my birthday - so if I like them, I'll get to use the "present from me to me excuse" :ksc75smile:

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #12,324 of 62,585
Too much magic pixie dust on the Soundcore for me. How is 'Astria Coaxial Acoustic Architecture' anything more than just sticking a BA in the throat of a dynamic driver like you find from numerous other makers? I remain unconvinced by these claims of being able to automatically tailor EQ since the measuring equipment needed to do it properly would end up costing more than the earphones itself.

I think I agree with most all of what you're saying, except I'm saying "eff it, prove your sq to me, buds - and if you don't you're going straight back to Amazon." Audio quality (I don't buy the config claims at face value- though the video is fun) and Mic quality are the two main concerns for me.they may deliver, or they could also be a mess - we'll see!

(I have a hunch that @hifi80sman is just a few clicks behind me in trying them out)

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #12,325 of 62,585
i didn't know the Sony uses Airoha chips.. so that Airoha brand is pretty good? i often avoid it in favor of Realtek because i don't know that brand
Airoha is a subsidiary of Mediatek. The WF100XM3 actually uses the MT2811 chip as seen in this teardown. This is probably a custom design that Sony had Mediatek make for them, since the chip isn't listed on Airoha's public site.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #12,327 of 62,585

It's actually branded as "noise reduction", which is likely just a marketing term for weak sauce ANC.

It's hard to tell, I don't think there's an official definition of "noise reduction" and "noise cancelling". I currently have both the Sony WF-1000MX3 and the Libratone Track Air+ and it could be argued that they both offer "noise reduction". Compared to TWS that isolate well like the Anbes 359 the difference is pretty marginal, especially with music. You do get a bit more less deep droning frequencies.
Now if the Echo Buds' "reduction" doesn't involve actually producing noise cancelling frequencies that's another story !

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #12,329 of 62,585
Got my Shanling MTW100 (BA) review up:
https://medium.com/@vstolpner/shanling-mtw100-ba-knowles-bas-in-a-chi-fi-shell-25a3a5a32e57

@FYLegend - still unable to test C-to-C charging. Will let you know if I get my hands on one
@mattedialdoc - no volume adjustment, confirmed by @Shanling
@LordToneeus - FYI

Thank you....but in your review it says “Unfortunately the on-ear controls are somewhat lacking on these — double tap to play/pause, tripple tap to increase/decrease volume, and a 3-second hold to activate/deactivate the ambient noise feature”. I assume that’s an error relative to the volume.

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #12,330 of 62,585
I found it. That'll be tough to pass on. I may cancel the echo. Looks cool but my guess is the sq will not impress me.

I cancelled my Echo Buds pre-order. Fickle? Certainly. But of the hand-full of reviews I've read so far this morning, not one mentioned being immediately struck by the quality of the sound, and that's really what I was hoping for. The consensus is that they sound fine, but everyone gave the disclaimer that it would take more time to properly weigh in on the sound given the circumstances of the demo. Fair enough, but I was really hoping for "Oh sh%t! These sound great!" More gushing, less hedging.

I'm gonna pre-order the Liberty 2 Pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back