Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #12,302 of 62,801
The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro look very compelling. Give me hybrid over ANC in an IEM design any day, as isolation is generally sufficient. I was going to wait for the 1000XM3 to be in-store, but per usual Sony poor-supply-to-generate-demand-strategy will backfire and lead many into the arms of other TWS'. Most normal people don't buy numerous pairs, only us degenerates.

They even look like the XM3, for that matter @hifi80sman . excited to try them out!

Edit: photo post failed - https://www.cnet.com/pictures/anker-soundcore-liberty-2-pro/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190925-162628.png
    Screenshot_20190925-162628.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #12,303 of 62,801
The safest bet is the MPOW T5. I do enjoy the 1More Stylish, and because of the rolled off treble (mostly low treble), you can push it pretty loud without it getting piercing. I don't know your budget or returns are a problem for where you're at, so you're probably better off playing it safe with the MPOW T5, which also happens to be the cheapest of the 4.
That's exaclty what I'll do, Amazon here in Brazil doesn't offer the same stuff, unfortunately I would't be able to return it as easily as you guys could.
I'll buy the mpow T5 from AE.

I was more inclined to the MTW, but I'll do as @vstolpner says, he tested both afterall

Thanks guys

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #12,304 of 62,801
That's exaclty what I'll do, Amazon here in Brazil doesn't offer the same stuff, unfortunately I would't be able to return it as easily as you guys could.

I was more inclined to the MTW, but I'll do as @vstolpner says, he tested both afterall

Thanks guys

Glad I could help. Keep in mind I've only tested the BA Shanling... The dynamic driver ones will sound completely different and have the added benefit of ambient mode. But the Mpow T5 are a safe bet right now

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #12,305 of 62,801
I wish. Cool product though. I wonder how they got bose to license the ANC at a retail price way below what bose is going to charge for the ANC ssf?

I have a question regarding those Amazon Echo & the BunnyBuds ... nowhere in the info material it says active noise cancellation ... they only say reduction ... i know someone said this would be true ANC ... based on what?

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #12,306 of 62,801
I have a question regarding those Amazon Echo & the BunnyBuds ... nowhere in the info material it says active noise cancellation ... they only say reduction ... i know someone said this would be true ANC ... based on what?

It's actually branded as "noise reduction", which is likely just a marketing term for weak sauce ANC.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #12,307 of 62,801

It's actually branded as "noise reduction", which is likely just a marketing term for weak sauce ANC.

"... not quite cancellation" " noise ... almost cancelling" he says ... i think THIS is how Bose prevents cannibalizing their future ANC bud sales ...

This level of ANC I get at least out of those Bonola ANC buds ... :wink:

IPX4 ... better than nothing ... no wireless charging, which would have been nice at 129$ ... and why does it have an accelerometer I wonder?

Main kicker will be seeing sound quality reviews ... otherwise not too impressed thus far ...

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #12,308 of 62,801

Thanks guys

I just sent back the MPOW T5, the WaveFun, Bomaker SiFi, and the Ofusho F16.
The MPOW sounded fine, but the push buttons were annoying.
The best so far for me have been the Tranya B530. Better for me than the other Tranya models. The touch controls on the 530 work very well, and to my ear the sound signature and stage are impressive.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #12,311 of 62,801
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #12,315 of 62,801

Users who are viewing this thread

Back