Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 26, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #12,331 of 62,745
Hi all, 1st time poster here. I've been following this thread for a long while now and purchased the MPOW T5 and Kisrall R18 (Anbes 359) based on the suggestions here. Absolutely prefer the sound of the R18's. Waaay brighter and open. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what size Comply TrueGrip tips would fit these? Thanks all.

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #12,332 of 62,745
FWIW I have the first Zolo Liberty+ buds from their Kickstarter and I think they're quite bad. Flabby bass with zero sparkle, saddled with a large heavy carrying case that's made of metal. Wasted my money there. Anker can make good audio gear (I have a pair of Soundbuds Slim+ that are dirt cheap and have good punchy sound), but the Liberties are a swing and a miss.

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #12,334 of 62,745
Thank you....but in your review it says “Unfortunately the on-ear controls are somewhat lacking on these — double tap to play/pause, tripple tap to increase/decrease volume, and a 3-second hold to activate/deactivate the ambient noise feature”. I assume that’s an error relative to the volume.
Oops, thanks for that. Corrected

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #12,335 of 62,745
Looking for a recommendation for wireless IEM under $50 for pop music. For reference, I love the sound sig of the LZ-A2, LZ-A2s, and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore. Thanks in advance!

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #12,336 of 62,745
Looking for a recommendation for wireless IEM under $50 for pop music. For reference, I love the sound sig of the LZ-A2, LZ-A2s, and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore. Thanks in advance!
The Tranya B530 is a little over your range ($60 on Amazon), but it's excellent. The MPow T5 is also really good and it's on sale on Amazon right now for $36.

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #12,337 of 62,745
Sep 26, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #12,339 of 62,745
Thanks for the nice review. Despite that, I have decided to pass on the Shanling, as I am very happy with my Mifo O5 ... also, I need to regain some control over my hoarding :wink: And the seller I had placed the order with didn't do diddly squat for 4 days .. so I cancelled ...

Yeah I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade over the O5 Professional. But as my first foray into ambient mode, they're fantastic!

Looks like them, yes.

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #12,340 of 62,745
I cancelled my Echo Buds pre-order. Fickle? Certainly. But of the hand-full of reviews I've read so far this morning, not one mentioned being immediately struck by the quality of the sound, and that's really what I was hoping for. The consensus is that they sound fine, but everyone gave the disclaimer that it would take more time to properly weigh in on the sound given the circumstances of the demo. Fair enough, but I was really hoping for "Oh sh%t! These sound great!" More gushing, less hedging.

I'm gonna pre-order the Liberty 2 Pros.
Have you found an actual review ? I've only see quick previews in the demo room so far ?

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #12,341 of 62,745
Partron PWE-100
If you only care about sound, these are a great buy. Out of the box, the signature is audiophile friendly, with a clean, clear presentation, similar to the Galaxy Buds, although I do think the Partron PWE-100 sound a smidgen better. There is an app that offers firmware updates (you have to update each earbud separately) and an EQ, however, the EQ only has 3 presets (Normal, Bass, Treble) and would not allow me to adjust the frequencies individually (although it does show a 5 band EQ). The Bass preset, for me, worked well, and does not turn it into a bass monster, rather, it retains all the great characteristics of a near-flat balanced signature, but just kicks up the bass a bit, more along the lines of Audio-Technica's "Solid Bass" line. Qualcomm QCC3026 SoC.

Ahh, but things were too good to be true. Some deal killers for me, unfortunately.

- Calls only came out of one ear.
- Physical controls ONLY worked to play/pause, answer/end calls. Even the 2x press indicated to launch Siri, Google Assistant, etc. didn't work.
- There were some unexplained drop outs when listening at my desk with my phone literally 18 inches in front of me.

Just saw your review on Amazon as I was about to buy these. Bummer, I was pretty pumped about them. Any chance you got a bad pair? or do the only support single ear calling? etc.

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #12,344 of 62,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back