Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 26, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #12,361 of 63,207
The Tranya B530 is a little over your range ($60 on Amazon), but it's excellent. The MPow T5 is also really good and it's on sale on Amazon right now for $36.

I would second this recommendation. Of all the Tranyas, the MPOW, and a handful of others in the last few wks, I feel like the B530 are the overall best for me. I’m still hunting and enjoying trying new ones though!

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #12,362 of 63,207
it’s the ‘famous’ T8 ... that sold a while ago for just a bit over 10$ and ppl were hoping it might be the Sabbat x12 in disguise (it is not. It is an ok TWS, but rather reflective of its low price)

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/FTcAgU8s

Earbud style, not in ear.

Thank you so much! :) Thankfully I didn't overpaid for that. Got it for 19 usd with the guitar pedal worth $30.

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #12,363 of 63,207
I've been using the Shanling MTW100 on transit recently and I'm really impressed with the ambient mode. Very clear, can hear the transit announcements, people walking by, with really good spacial perception at that. And the music contributes to sound great! Actually makes the earphones feel much more open this way.

I haven't used other TWS with ambient mode - is that similar to others or are the Shanling's actually as great as they seem?

I'm liking the Galaxy buds ambient mode, currently using it as my main edc TWS (along with the BT20s combos).
the ambient volume is adjustable and also liking the feature to focus the ambient sound to conversation voices).
i also like using the Earin M2 ambient mode, but i like the Galaxy buds ambient better

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #12,364 of 63,207
The Tranya B530 is a little over your range ($60 on Amazon), but it's excellent. The MPow T5 is also really good and it's on sale on Amazon right now for $36.

Thanks! A few questions to everyone.

1. The stuff that I own that I like are the LZ-A2/A2S, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, and Fidelio X2. Are the MPow T5 and Tranya B530 comparable or do I need to raise my budget?

2. I'd like to buy at least 3 to compare, so any other suggestions besides the T5 and the B530?

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #12,365 of 63,207
Thanks! A few questions to everyone.

1. The stuff that I own that I like are the LZ-A2/A2S, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, and Fidelio X2. Are the MPow T5 and Tranya B530 comparable or do I need to raise my budget?

2. I'd like to buy at least 3 to compare, so any other suggestions besides the T5 and the B530?
If you like the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, you'll probably like the MPOW T5. Also, for around $150 (not sure what your budget is), the House of Marley Liberate Air is quite nice (just does not have volume controls on the earbuds).

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #12,366 of 63,207
I realize I don't know if the Liberty 2 Pro will have volume control - which is not a dealbreaker for me but I *do* want. If any of you know - let me know - otherwise I just sent an email to anker support to ask the answer/ask for the control scheme.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #12,367 of 63,207
Are the Anbes 359, Kissral R18, Yineme ST-BE30 the same?

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #12,368 of 63,207
I just spoke with Lypertek via FB messenger. They told me they just shipped out a bunch more to amazon and they should be there early next week. I asked them for a promo code or if there were any discounts available and they told me that if I purchased them via amazon and left a review they'd give me 50% off whether it was a good or bad review. If I had review experience like a site as many of you noble dudes do, I could get them for free. So if you want to get your hands on a pair, hit them up on their website chat, or FB messenger. I'm going to order as soon as they are in stock.
They told me, they were giving a free pair of foams and no discount when I asked for a discount a month or two ago, the problem is amazon is more expensive in the french amazon. I don't mind leaving them a review for 50 percent off. Let me know if they follow thru

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #12,369 of 63,207
Are the Anbes 359, Kissral R18, Yineme ST-BE30 the same?
It does appear based on the available evidence, the Anbes 359 and Kissral R18 are the same, just different re-brands. Not sure about the Yineme ST-BE30. What complicates matters, is there appear to be different versions of the same brand (there are a few versions of the Anbes 359 in different packaging). If you're getting the Kissral R18 from Amazon and it's Prime with free returns if defective, then you're probably fine taking the (safe) bet.

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #12,370 of 63,207
Thanks. Sounds like there are 3 for me to try now.

1. Mpow T5 (ordered)
2. Kissral R18 (Anbes 359 OOS on Amazon). Edit: Got the SSK for $21!
3. Ofusho F16

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #12,371 of 63,207
and why does it have an accelerometer I wonder?

That’s easy. Likely it records shocks which are strong enough to damage the BA drivers. Which in turn will be reported back via the cloud, and used as a basis to deny warranty claims based on “abuse/damage by the end user”.

Similar to the moisture indicator Apple added to their devices years ago.

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #12,372 of 63,207
Wonder how that "coaxial dynamic driver" will do though...

That’s a technical term for a type of “dual dynamic driver”.

It’s a larger dynamic driver (usually between 8mm-10mm which is used for low frequency end) with a smaller dynamic driver (usually between 5mm-7mm which is used for the higher frequency range) stacked on top coaxially. Some coaxial dual dynamic drivers share the same voice coil and/or magnet, some do not. They usually have passive crossover circuits to help with tuning.

Generally speaking, they usually have good performance.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #12,373 of 63,207
That’s a technical term for a type of “dual dynamic driver”.

It’s a larger dynamic driver (usually between 8mm-10mm) used for low end, with a smaller dynamic driver (usually between 5mm-7mm) stacked on top coaxially. Some coaxial dual dynamic drivers share the same voice coil and/or magnet, some do not.

Generally speaking, they usually have good performance.
Man, this is making me want to pre-order now, after I made peace with waiting for some feedback.

Any other IEMs you know of (wired or wireless) that have the same type of driver?

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #12,375 of 63,207
Man, this is making me want to pre-order now, after I made peace with waiting for some feedback.

Any other IEMs you know of (wired or wireless) that have the same type of driver?

Yeah, it’s fairly common with multi driver ChiFi. Used by KZ, TRN, BQEYZ, and others...

Bear in mind that after seeing this marketing image, their use of the word “coaxial” may not mean a “coaxial dynamic driver”, but rather a coaxial arrangement (in other words 2 drivers, a single dynamic + single BA, that are aligned along the same axis):

17499E0E-6669-46B2-97B5-0FFB139502DB.jpeg

And if that’s the case, it’s just marketing fluff dressed up to sound high tech and revolutionary, but in reality it’s nothing special and is what every ChiFi hybrid earphone with a BA in the nozzle is.

Technically, a peanut butter sandwich or cheeseburger with fixings is a “coaxial edible architecture”. It just sounds high tech and ‘science-y’ when I use fancy terms.

Does it explicitly say “dual dynamic coaxial driver”?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back