Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 12, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #11,746 of 62,437
Sounds a bit sketchy, especially since that first link doesn't seem to actually go anywhere.

edit: By doesn't go anywhere I mean only leads to a page that says cash back. Am I going crazy here or is this how the review for cash back things actually work. Just send a message to a random page with 18 likes?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #11,747 of 62,437
I ordered last week, and just received today, the new Plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100s — Plantronics’ (now called Poly) new TWEs. I bought them because they have four microphones and are billed as among the best-in-class for phone calls. I’ve only had them for a few hours, but so far I’m really happy with them. The sound is surprisingly good, the mic seems to work very well for calls (I tried a call standing right in front of a loud air conditioner), and they’re small and extremely comfortable. No noise cancelling, but they isolate really well. No aptX, but they have AAC (which is all I need because I’m all in on the Apple ecosystem). They have volume control and a (rather barebones) app (so at least they may get firmware updates). These will replace my Mpow T5s and my Syllable S101s as my daily drivers. They don’t sound quite as good as the Sony WF1000XM3’s, but I think the microphone is better and the case is much more pocketable (it’s really very small — almost as small as the Galaxy Buds’ case). Will be interested in others’ views of these.

I have been looking around for a good set of TWS with really good mic. Your initial impressions are promising. Please update more as you learn more, especially on the mic front.

Thanks

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #11,749 of 62,437
Sep 12, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #11,751 of 62,437
Sep 12, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #11,754 of 62,437
House of Marley Liberate Air seem to meet your requirements.

- 9 hours battery life.
- Additional 2.5x charge w/ case.
- Personally, I haven't had any drop outs.
- Great SQ and bests everything I've tried in the price range.
- Good call quality.

Keep in mind there are no volume controls on the buds and no ambient mode. Since I primarily use them in the office and have my phone with me, lack of controls on the 'buds is a non-factor in my case.

I'd like to chime in on these again. They have really grown on me. I did have an opportunity to receive a phone call with them and my wife on the other end said they sounded better than my phone. (As well as a snarky, "Oh are they new?")

But the sound is great, low bass, nice highs, great mids, and the sleek profile allows me to fall asleep with them (always a prime consideration for me).

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #11,757 of 62,437
Long time lurker, first time poster over here.

So a while ago I got a pair Sabbat X12, and have been pretty satisfied. Now I'm looking for something that isolates a bit more. It seems that the current budget community favorites are the Ofusho F16, the new Tranyas, and I guess the KZ T1 (if one can find them). I'm also looking for a pair with USB-C charging.

So anyways... I'm in Spain, and I've noted that there's plenty of Samsung Galaxy Buds popping up on buy-sell apps like Wallapop, and I guess I could get a pair for around 60€ if I do a bit of negotiating. Do you guys think I should do that or opt for one of the above mentioned? Or any other option?

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #11,758 of 62,437
Sounds a bit sketchy, especially since that first link doesn't seem to actually go anywhere.

edit: By doesn't go anywhere I mean only leads to a page that says cash back. Am I going crazy here or is this how the review for cash back things actually work. Just send a message to a random page with 18 likes?
Yes send a message saying yes and you'll get a reply with what to do. I highly doubt it's a scam. If anything return back to Amazon for a full refund.
Edit.
Got this just now:

Hello Dear User,
We are the Amazon Facebook fan team, we will send many free products within the group and invite you to become our product testers! And if you have friends who need free items, you can also invite them to our group.
Products cover: clothing, shoes, luggage, household items, electronic products, etc. ALL are FREE!
When the team reaches 200 people, I will update the products in this group! For testers to choose! Amazon customer Only!
The group joins the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/us.A05.CC/

Over 300 have joined so far.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #11,759 of 62,437
Besides being round and flips open, that's where the similarities to the KZ case end .. no Mifo style hinge (nor their slogan), no metal, who knows, left / right bud might even be on the correct sides :)
You know more than me. :D You using the KZ lately?

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #11,760 of 62,437
So I was recently reminded of an awesome song and decided to try it out on some of my TWS...
Man, the Mpow T5 are amazing!! Both Tranya's sound muffled by comparison (though surprisingly I prefer the sound of the T3 over the B530).
Really curious to see what you guys think! What's your favorite sounding TWS for this song?
Song: Blood on my Name by The Brothers Bright

Forgot about that one! That is a good song! Just checked it out on my Ofusho F16's... sounds great there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back