Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 10, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #11,671 of 62,431
Good point on the App. Honestly, I wouldn't change the EQ, but more so something to allow for firmware updates, codec control, etc.
Yeah, firmware updates! In a current MW07 they use simple, non-programmable QC chip (forgot the number) that doesn't allow for updates or EQ. Probably to save space and power consumption, and keep down the costs.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #11,672 of 62,431
Shanling MTW100 are now slowly starting to ship to our international distributors. MTW100 DD will be 79USD/EURO and MTW100 BA 89 USD/EURO.

We also have their official website up, if you wanna to look into all the details of MTW100.

Interestingly I just stumbled over a listing on AliX with much higher pricing ... first adopter surcharge? :)

shantws.jpg

I might get into the BA action some day when the prices are 'normal' and there might be a sale :) They do look great!

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #11,673 of 62,431
Hi Newbie here, but been following this thread for a good bit. I ordered a pair of these and they arrived today. A little background: I’ve tried about a half dozen TW earbuds thus far....Tranya T1 Pro, Creative Outlier Air, Taotronics, Airpods, etc.

Today these Panfrey arrived, along with the Tranya B530. I’m going to spend some time with both, but out of the box these Panfrey have superior SQ. Also the touch controls are more responsive. And they have a smaller charging case that utilizes USB-C.
I’m new to evaluating the technical specs, such as what chips and drivers each have, so if others want to chime in on that please do. I just took a chance on another ChiFi and they sound darn good.

UPDATE:

Although I still feel the SQ is pretty decent, the BT connection doesn’t hold well. I just a workout of 30min Jump Rope and 30 min Treadmill, and the BT on the Panfrey didn’t hold as well. Also any shielding of the buds drops the connection btwn the two. I was comparing the B530 at the time, and those are better in all aspects. Also the B530’s kept a connection to my iPad when I walked from my basement to the 3rd floor of my house!! WTH.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #11,676 of 62,431
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #11,677 of 62,431
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #11,678 of 62,431
Hey guys...for those interested, the review of the Sabbat E12 Ultra by Gamesky is here...

Looks like a worthy upgrade over the originals: Aptx support, a (finally) proper mic with decent bg noise cancellation, true mono mode and an improved SQ, with still plenty of bass but better balance with mids and highs.

Almost sold to get myself a pair...

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #11,679 of 62,431
Hey guys...for those interested, the review of the Sabbat E12 Ultra by Gamesky is here...

Looks like a worthy upgrade over the originals: Aptx support, a (finally) proper mic with decent bg noise cancellation, true mono mode and an improved SQ, with still plenty of bass but better balance with mids and highs.

This looks really good. Definitely blowing away Adv M5 offering. 8+ hours would have been nicer...tempting.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #11,680 of 62,431
Sep 10, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #11,681 of 62,431

with no disrespect to Gamesky, but most of the time the way he describes the sound of a product doesn't really match to my own experience/opinion. i trust the Superreview guy more, because what he says usually similar to what i think about the product

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #11,683 of 62,431
Sep 10, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #11,684 of 62,431
OK darn it having problems with the Tranya B530 linking together and pairing. I tried resetting and nothing. Was working fine until today. I guess I'll have to get another pair damn.
Clerkpalmer??? I remember you having issues did you get it resolved?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #11,685 of 62,431
OK darn it having problems with the Tranya B530 linking together and pairing. I tried resetting and nothing. Was working fine until today. I guess I'll have to get another pair damn.
Clerkpalmer??? I remember you having issues did you get it resolved?

It was a pia but I followed the reset instructions. The key is to keep the buds within 5 cm of each other when removing from the case after resetting. Good luck. Definitely not a simple procedure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back