Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #11,371 of 62,437
I decided to take the plunge, mostly so I could comment. Advanced shut down their DieHards page today and their FB chat isn't available. I'm not sure what's going on over there, but they didn't seem happy with my question.

ouch..someone got hurt. If im correct those buds have been on alibaba for a couple of months by now.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #11,372 of 62,437
I'm not sure if they run in mono - the comments don't come out and say it, you think it would be listed in the features. Most of my other ones can be paired separately,since I don't always want them in the same ear. I do use multipoint, but it's not a deal breaker. It's nice to not have to re-pair when I go from phone to R3 or iPad. But I'm not going to buy at this price point, so it doesn't really matter.
Good Point. I've invited them to the thread.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #11,373 of 62,437
Testing the F16 on my tablet Sony Experia Z2 and it recognized aptx instantly whoa who knew. :D I'm watching a movie on Prime video. It's crystal clear with dialog and has a nice soundstage with background sound just as clear. Holy moly I'm digging them do far. :D Latency is bad though and dialog is not synced. Edit restarted the Z2 sych is perfect now on Prime/Netflix hooray. :D Connection is great so far no breakups. 50% volume. They protrude a bit out my ear. They are a bit bigger than my other TWS, but not too bad. Will try music after the movie.

sounds good! keep us posted. my replacement are waiting at home. hopefully these work this time.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #11,376 of 62,437
ouch..someone got hurt. If im correct those buds have been on alibaba for a couple of months by now.

I have no bone to pick with Advanced but unless they live under a rock, they are aware of this thread. They probably should step up and post something here addressing the elephant in the room for purposes of transparency and consumer confidence. I guess we shall see. Depending on the level of similarity between the 2, it may be a tricky area to step into.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #11,377 of 62,437
yes, after a couple of months on alibaba they should have been ready for a comment.
Either resell, they stole our design or ours have the magic tuning or different .....

2019-09-04 19.44.10 www.facebook.com d6ac81c68927.png

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #11,378 of 62,437
I have no bone to pick with Advanced but unless they live under a rock, they are aware of this thread. They probably should step up and post something here addressing the elephant in the room for purposes of transparency and consumer confidence. I guess we shall see. Depending on the level of similarity between the 2, it may be a tricky area to step into.
That's a great idea, I think i'll invite them.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #11,379 of 62,437
I know this was asked previously, but now that the campaign has launched and these TWS's are going to be $129 early bird special on indiegogo, i'd like to hear everyone's thoughts. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m5-tws-the-pinnacle-of-true-wireless-earbuds#/

The three dealbreakers for me are 1. price 2. no volume control (are you kidding me?) 3. No Power off w/o case.

Edit: As mentioned before, these look like a re-branded Ancreu T2 from Alibaba. Specs are the same except on Alibaba it says the Ancreu's have volume and voice assistant, is this just an oversight on Advanced's part?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...m=a2700.wholesale.pronpeci14.2.6e6b12185PtFhM

They have posted a rather cryptic answer on their indigogo page :

Q : Hello, I noticed there is no mention of volume control or voice assistant even though the QCC3020 supports this functionality. Was this just an oversight on the spec sheet or were these features removed to gain battery life? Also, how do these differ than the Ancreau T2? They appear identical although i’m sure advanced’s tuning and QA is going to be much better. The T2 does have volume controls and voice assistant, 10 hour call time and an 8 hour music playing time. etc.

A : 1 hour ago - Project Owner
Hi David, the product you mentioned is not what is available in the market, nor the spec description. In fact, we have fully co-developed this product with our partner factory and we are using both platforms - IGG for B2C and the other for B2B. We do not wish nor intend to disclose much more information on this here as it's a public comment space for this campaign. If you are interested to know more, you are welcome to contact us via email.

The Ancreau T2 are not on AliExpress, right ?

EDIT - ok I see they are the Sunline T2 on AE for $50

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #11,380 of 62,437
yes, after a couple of months on alibaba they should have been ready for a comment.
Either resell, they stole our design or ours have the magic tuning or different .....

Excellent point and from you last link, I saw that they are being re-branded as the Sunline T2 and they are $50 a pop. I think i'll order a sample and check them out.
They have posted a rather cryptic answer on their indigogo page :
I'm the one who asked the question. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I also e-mailed them, we'll see what they say.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #11,381 of 62,437
"I saw that they are being re-branded as the Sunline T2 and they are $50 a pop"

Can't seem to find them on AliExpress, even with an image search. Where did you see them for $50 ?

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #11,384 of 62,437
Testing the F16 on my tablet Sony Experia Z2 and it recognized aptx instantly whoa who knew. :D I'm watching a movie on Prime video. It's crystal clear with dialog and has a nice soundstage with background sound just as clear. Dunno they kind of give you a surround sound type of effect. Holy moly I'm digging them do far. :D Latency is bad though and dialog is not synced. Edit restarted the Z2 sych is perfect now on Prime/Netflix hooray. :D Connection is great so far no breakups. 50% volume. RoRo the Anbes 359 may be dethroned. They protrude a bit out my ear. They are a bit bigger than my other TWS, but not too bad. I don't know fellas I might have gotten a good batch. I Will try music after the movie.

Cayin N3 with aptx on. Music is clear, although I'll agree with d3myz they are a tiny bit rolled off, but not enough for me to return them, yet. Bass is tight with a good deep rumble when needed and not boomy. Mids are a bit rolled off as well. I haven't tried other tips yet. I think with other tips they will bring more clear details, hopefully. Gotta say these are amazing with movies so darn clear. Gonna play music all day on them to see if they open up some and look for some tips. I really like them though and so far are a keeper. I'll return later tonight and give more thoughts. I'll tell this these are miles ahead of the Syllables S101 with aptx. The F16 are way clearer. More soon. ✌️

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #11,385 of 62,437
Picked up the jabra active 65t last night. They sound fine I guess, highs sound slightly muddled to me, but I can live with that. Unfortunately they make my ears hurt after a short while because they're too big so they'll have to go back. Any other non chi-fi recommendations that aren't Marley's? Budget of about 200 I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back