Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #11,386 of 62,439
Ok, so this is the wrong thread for this, but related. I'm interested in a BT DAC/Music player like the Cayin, but with BT 5.0. Something around the $100-150 price range with great perf. for the price. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #11,387 of 62,439
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #11,389 of 62,439
I'm interested to see the reviews, but I have some of their other gear and I'm not a huge fan of their house sound. It seems like they're going to be rather expensive ($129 super early bird), so hopefully they can live up to the price tag. No volume control has been confirmed, and the case looks a lot like the KZ metal one but looks much bigger. So probably a pass for me.

Unless someone comes up with a fantastic sound and battery life, I'm happy with relatively inexpensive buds I have - KZ, Mpow and Tranyas are plenty good for me.

I don't mean to take this off-topic (maybe) but how did you nail the "secret" and super early bird price? They were hush hush in the telegram and facebook.

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #11,390 of 62,439
I don't mean to take this off-topic (maybe) but how did you nail the "secret" and super early bird price? They were hush hush in the telegram and facebook.

I literally signed up for 2 different e-mail account notifications and Joined Advanced Diehards on FB. Diehards went down this morning and I didn't receive jack, I just checked indiegogo this morning at like 8 Mountain and there were like 48 left.

upload_2019-9-4_13-39-55.png

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #11,391 of 62,439
Excellent point and from you last link, I saw that they are being re-branded as the Sunline T2 and they are $50 a pop. I think i'll order a sample and check them out.

I'm the one who asked the question. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I also e-mailed them, we'll see what they say.
You guys know, there are tons of stuff that look the same, but the internals are different. Obviously, nobody wants to admit there was an ODM and they are selecting from an assortment of pre-made/pre-designed off-the-shelf components to include in their product. Unless you're Sennheiser, Sony, etc., you probably don't have your own factory and contract out instead. Their contract with the ODM is likely region exclusive for a given period of time (similar to a pharmaceutical patent for a certain number of years until it can go generic), which is why their reply mentioned market availability (meaning outside Asia, etc.).

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #11,392 of 62,439
I got a response from Adv-sound regarding the new M5-TWS. I guess they use ODM to manufacture a design, but I believe the m5 should probably be superior to than what is found on Alibaba.

Thanks for your inquiry. To answer your question, we have co-developed M5-TWS with our factory partner. There are several suppliers involved in the development of M5-TWS, the 3D-printing, acoustic tuning, charging case and battery. What you see on Alibaba listing is an overall, early specification of the prototype that the factory partner as “group” try to market to B2B market. This is being orchestrated at the same time as we are marketing B2C through Indiegogo. True Wireless Earbud development takes a lot of time, capital and competent team to deliver at its highest level which we aim our M5-TWS to be. What appears as “ANCREU” is not a brand, but sellers having our partner factory sample unit listed for B2B marketing - its listed specifications are not accurate because they do not exist in a proper product planning.

We’ve been a part of significant development in product design, acoustic tuning, firmware development and UX. It simply cannot be painted in a single broad stroke as Alibaba rebrand, and this is the reason why we do not publicly partake in the discussion.

We hope this answers your question.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #11,393 of 62,439
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #11,396 of 62,439
Awesome, thanks. I found an article online and was looking at some. Do you have any experience with any of these? https://avprogear.com/top-10-best-portable-music-players-from-entry-level-to-mid-fi/
I don't but if I had a choice I'd get the Cowon(SQ is the best I've heard besides the Cayin. They are bit pricey, but worth it IMHO) or Shanling(Always read they have top notch SQ). Hidizs is OK, but prefer the Cayin more. If I were you I'd get the Cayin N3. BT integration is top notch, especially with my Anbes TWS.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #11,397 of 62,439
You guys know, there are tons of stuff that look the same, but the internals are different. Obviously, nobody wants to admit there was an ODM and they are selecting from an assortment of pre-made/pre-designed off-the-shelf components to include in their product. Unless you're Sennheiser, Sony, etc., you probably don't have your own factory and contract out instead. Their contract with the ODM is likely region exclusive for a given period of time (similar to a pharmaceutical patent for a certain number of years until it can go generic), which is why their reply mentioned market availability (meaning outside Asia, etc.).

This is probably correct but in the modern world, with the interweb and all, we as customers need full transparency. Presumably, they sourced the shell and the chipset because as you point out there are a small company, and hopefully they did their magic to improve the SQ. This allows a small company like Advanced to bring a product to market quickly. In any event, assuming that's the case and giving Advanced the benefit of the doubt (which we should), they should just say so.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #11,398 of 62,439

Users who are viewing this thread

Back