Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 29, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #11,041 of 62,744
This one claims to have APTX & APTX HD ... and 10mm drivers ... but interestingly enough, the other 2 shops I see them at do not say anything like this ...

They just caught my eye because they come in many pretty colors .. finally in ORANGE! :wink:

and a 3$ off over 25$ discount does not hurt either ...

too bad the orange finish looks kinda cheap ... and I really don't want to try stem-based TWE anymore ... but I recall others were interested in anything AptX related.

Unfortunately, the Qualcomm QCC3020 does not support AptX HD. It supports only AptX. QCC3034 does support AptX HD.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc3020

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #11,043 of 62,744
Oohh the new Tranya shipped for me and should be here Saturday now! Previous shipping estimate said Sept 4th!

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #11,044 of 62,744
Stupid question time:

I have the BT20 ... and I’ve just seen there is a BT20S ... when did this happen/ what’s the difference?

I do love my BT20 but my only complaint is that everyday when I arrive at a busy station, my connection keeps dropping in and out ... also happens with my KZ T1, which makes me think it could just be interference from everyone using Bluetooth headphones ... once in clear of the station things seem to get better.

Came out mid june. Aptx support, longer battery life and some light water/sweatproofing of the circuit board. I recall one member here killed his original bt20 while running with sweat.

The connection is way stronger. Where I used to get cutting out when laying against a pillow or cupping my hand around my ear on the BT20, I have no such issues with the BT20S.

If you find you have to run a high volume on your BT20 & IEM of choice, you may not on the BT20S. It has a higher output/volume level. May help with harder to drive IEM's.

I think that happened in July :wink: Here's a handy chart from AK Audio to see the diffs

Oh, and nano coating water proofing is new, though I am not sure how far I would trust that ... the point where IEM connects to BT dongle will always be open for water to seep in somehow ...

Nano coating is internal on the circuit board afaik. The housing isn't waterproof.

Interesting ... I wonder how much of this is marketing fluff as when the BT20 came out it said it supported AAC.

From what I’ve read the switch from Realtek (RTL8763B apparently) does enable aptX support but since I’m using an iPhone I’m not sure if it’s worth the “upgrade” cost

Anyone have both, Does the switch from Realtek to Qualcomm mean better sound?

If you have a device that doesn't do AAC, yes it does. It did for me, I've been using an older Samsung Note 4 and it doesn't allow me to choose codecs like newer phones do.

the most obvious difference in sound between them is that the newer BT20S has a more powerful amp. so if you have a DD or a not so sensitive IEM/earbuds, you might benefit from the new BT20S. if you have sensitive iems, i think the older one is a better pick because the noise floor would be lower.

battery and connection (the BT20S has a more stable connection) also a deciding factor,although i never ran out of battery of a day use with the older one, and the connection is also solid enough

Agreed. More powerful, lasts longer and a better connection. Aptx support clinched it for me, close enough to wired for my use.

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #11,045 of 62,744
Oohh the new Tranya shipped for me and should be here Saturday now! Previous shipping estimate said Sept 4th!

Now you need to send an email to let them know that they have shipped to receive the first half of your refund. Be sure and let us know how that goes. Assuming you did get in on the R&D program. Still waiting for mine to ship .

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #11,046 of 62,744

Have to check mine... Still waiting too.... Hopefully soon!

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #11,047 of 62,744
Have to check mine... Still waiting too.... Hopefully soon!
Mine will be here tomorrow, I e-mailed ida, asked her to refund the first half of my pmt. And not that i'm this type of dude, but how the hell is amazon not going to lose $60 if you decide to return these after Tranya refunds you? Seems like an ill thought out beta program. Just saying, hope I didn't give any of you degenerates any ideas:owl:

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #11,048 of 62,744
Mine will be here tomorrow, I e-mailed ida, asked her to refund the first half of my pmt. And not that i'm this type of dude, but how the hell is amazon not going to lose $60 if you decide to return these after Tranya refunds you? Seems like an ill thought out beta program. Just saying, hope I didn't give any of you degenerates any ideas:owl:

If anyone does that it'll be Tranya losing money because Amazon will charge them for the refund. Plus I'm pretty sure they'll make life difficult for anyone who does that (or at least I hope they do).

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #11,049 of 62,744
For those looking for a higher-end TWS, I've been very satisfied with the House of Marley Liberate Air, and surprisingly so. I've never had any of their products before, most because I was like, meh, just consumer grade stuff, but I am quite taken with these. Clarity is amazing. Vocals are not recessed. Bass is not overblown, but is still impactful with a nice "round" characteristic. Mic works well for calls. They look fantastic. Added some eartips from the Sony MDR-XB50AP and I just love these things.

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #11,050 of 62,744
You did very good here!!! Really good specs! I ordered them, anyone got them yet? You should get head fier of the month for this find!!! Nothing had me this interested since the anbes 359 and tranya t3, those have been so good for me. How is the bass on these?

Really appreciate your praises, but still too soon for that. Spec-wise, they're true champs. Now we need to check out how these guys did with the tuning and driver for good SQ.
Glad you grab them and looking forward for your impressions. :ksc75smile:

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #11,051 of 62,744
Living in the Android ecosystem, I decided to finally give the Galaxy Buds a try as they seemed to generally garner pretty positive reviews.
I downloaded the app and as soon as the phones arrived, I gave them an out of the box test run. Fit was absolutely perfect, probably the best of any of my TWE buds. Pairing was instant with the app and they immediately updated to the latest firmware. Sound was very much to my liking, well-balanced tonally and with several different SQ settings to choose from via the app. So far, so good! I am pretty stoked given the the overall performance (so far).

That is where my enjoyment of the Galaxy ended! I found that none of the app settings were stored in the buds when used with a device without the accompanying app. Volume at max was very low and tonally they sounded like a set of the throwaway buds included with cheap players! This is in contrast to my Jabra 65t which can be used with or without its app and remembers the settings made when using the app.

Given the fact that the Galaxy Buds seem to be a one-trick pony that can only be used successfully when paired with the app, they will soon be returned as I use my TWE buds as much with my DAPs as I do with my phone.

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #11,052 of 62,744
For those looking for a higher-end TWS, I've been very satisfied with the House of Marley Liberate Air, and surprisingly so. I've never had any of their products before, most because I was like, meh, just consumer grade stuff, but I am quite taken with these. Clarity is amazing. Vocals are not recessed. Bass is not overblown, but is still impactful with a nice "round" characteristic. Mic works well for calls. They look fantastic. Added some eartips from the Sony MDR-XB50AP and I just love these things.

Seems pretty cool, especially that the charging box is made out of wood! But no Ambient mode means no purchase from me, at least not for that price. Without an Ambient mode you'd have to take an earbud off every time you want to interact with someone, unlike wired earphones, with true wireless its a pain, there's no cord to simply take it around your neck.

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #11,053 of 62,744
Seems pretty cool, especially that the charging box is made out of wood! But no Ambient mode means no purchase from me, at least not for that price. Without an Ambient mode you'd have to take an earbud off every time you want to interact with someone, unlike wired earphones, with true wireless its a pain, there's no cord to simply take it around your neck.
Same here, the Liberate Air looks to be what I need to replace my Earin M2 except the Ambient mode. My battery life on the M2 has gone down to 2.5 hours and I really need something to replace them, but have not found the perfect pair yet.

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #11,054 of 62,744
Yes, that is something to consider for those that want/need ambient. For me, it's not make or break, but it is nice to have, lest you drop it while taking it out. In cases I know where I may need ambient, I have other TWS' to wear for the occasion.

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #11,055 of 62,744
For those interested in an all-arounder, Amazon has the Jabra Elite Active 65t in Copper/Black on sale for $114. Not the King of sound, but still "solid". Feature wise, good for $114.

upload_2019-8-29_14-10-33.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back