Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 29, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #11,056 of 62,111
Yes, that is something to consider for those that want/need ambient. For me, it's not make or break, but it is nice to have, lest you drop it while taking it out. In cases I know where I may need ambient, I have other TWS' to wear for the occasion.
Agreed, it's one reason I've kept Firefly Pro as my daily driver, but the sunlight-killing-mic-feed issue is extremely weird and annoying for outdoor use, as is the ambient volume increase after ending a call. I still have yet to get an update from Jabees, seemed like they were willing to send a replacement.

I would have liked to see Wireless Charging as well. So far I only know Libratone Track Air+ ticks all boxes (Type C, wireless charging, AptX and ambient aware) but I can't find if they have AAC or not, TotallyDubbed implied they didn't (doesn't really matter to me, but in the event AptX and SBC performs poorly it would be nice to have it as well). Otherwise there's a list of options thar have either AptX or ambient aware.

What was the bad-sounding Wavefun Xpods 3 clone you had? The YTOM T1 is selling cheaper now than the Xpods but I don't want to end up with another dud.

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #11,057 of 62,111
Agreed, it's one reason I've kept Firefly Pro as my daily driver, but the sunlight-killing-mic-feed issue is extremely weird and annoying for outdoor use, as is the ambient volume increase after ending a call. I still have yet to get an update from Jabees, seemed like they were willing to send a replacement.

I would have liked to see Wireless Charging as well. So far I only know Libratone Track Air+ ticks all boxes (Type C, wireless charging, AptX and ambient aware) but I can't find if they have AAC or not, TotallyDubbed implied they didn't (doesn't really matter to me, but in the event AptX and SBC performs poorly it would be nice to have it as well). Otherwise there's a list of options thar have either AptX or ambient aware.

What was the bad-sounding Wavefun Xpods 3 clone you had? The YTOM T1 is selling cheaper now than the Xpods but I don't want to end up with another dud.
I had the MEGIVEZ. MEGIVEZ back. If you like the way music sounds in a tunnel, these are for you. :xf_eek:

upload_2019-8-29_14-19-38.png

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #11,058 of 62,111
Really appreciate your praises, but still too soon for that. Spec-wise, they're true champs. Now we need to check out how these guys did with the tuning and driver for good SQ.
Glad you grab them and looking forward for your impressions. :ksc75smile:

Yes indeed, If these are at least a step up from the anbes 359 and tranya t3, I will be very happy.

Besides the mpow t5 what else is really good out there?

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #11,059 of 62,111
Yes indeed, If these are at least a step up from the anbes 359 and tranya t3, I will be very happy.

Have you tried any of the balanced armature versions? I really liked my mifo O5 Professional white I had it. Astrotec S60 is supposed to be really good too

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #11,060 of 62,111
Aug 29, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #11,061 of 62,111
If anyone does that it'll be Tranya losing money because Amazon will charge them for the refund. Plus I'm pretty sure they'll make life difficult for anyone who does that (or at least I hope they do).

Honestly, i've had the T5 for about month and I love everything about them EXCEPT the damn chipset. they headphones drop my phone call connection for about 2 seconds every other call and when I press the button on my phone to ignore a phone call, it answers the call. DOH!. The mic is ok, but people complain I sound far away. Also, turning them off is stupid, I have to turn both off and if i don't close spotify or apple books it skips tracks when holding down the button to power off. The onboard assistant is incredibly loud and the beeps when turning the vol up/down or play/pause are really annoying. Last grip, the blinking led is terrible for listening when in bed etc. I have had nothing but praise for the Tranya T3, they have an excellent mic, everyone compliments me on how it sounds like I'm on my handset, range is awesome, no cut outs etc. They def. have different sound signatures, but the realtek in the Tranya wins in my mind.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #11,062 of 62,111
Must have just missed it. I see it for $160 Not sure if I am relieved or sad...
Yep, looks like it's back up to $160. Seems to have been one of those non-lightening sale fluctuations, but I've never see it that low before (for the active version and NEW). They're good for sub-$120 max, but no way i'm going $160. Down to $120 just begins the conversation for me and I still didn't pull the trigger at $114. Sound is the most important factor for me and they don't cut in there. I posted it because I know others are looking for decent sound, but with full features.

upload_2019-8-29_16-40-7.png

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #11,064 of 62,111
For those looking for a higher-end TWS, I've been very satisfied with the House of Marley Liberate Air, and surprisingly so. I've never had any of their products before, most because I was like, meh, just consumer grade stuff, but I am quite taken with these. Clarity is amazing. Vocals are not recessed. Bass is not overblown, but is still impactful with a nice "round" characteristic. Mic works well for calls. They look fantastic. Added some eartips from the Sony MDR-XB50AP and I just love these things.

These really look awesome and super sleek,man!! But I’ve restraining myself of grabbing something above 100 bucks,especially now that the offer is blossoming well below that prices and literally everyday new buddies pop up.

Ummm, Do the Marleys have true mono mode? With that I mean that you can take any bud back to the case, no matter which, and the other one keeps rocking and doesn’t need to be re-paired and stuff...

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #11,065 of 62,111

Without spending a good deal of dough on the big boys:

I’m looking forward for some trusted review on the new Sabbat E12 Ultra to find out how they roll...should start to come soon..

The Edifier TWS5 was very tempting to me too, but the lack of onboard volume control is a showstopper for me (Damn, how can they skip that...I don’t get it, really)

You can find both in the 60-70 bucks price range on AliX with coupons and so on... on Amazon price would be a bit higher

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #11,066 of 62,111
Oohh the new Tranya shipped for me and should be here Saturday now! Previous shipping estimate said Sept 4th!
Just checked mine should be here on Sunday. We will see. OK those 35 aptx and 8hr will be mine if still on sale at midnight(Saturday) tomm. Since I'm getting the Tranya I should treat myself, no? Right C? Ro noooooo.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #11,068 of 62,111
So I just blind bought an QCY T1C/QS1 based on suggestions of a website called scarbir and immediately fell in love with the TWS convenience, but this little thing still has more bass than my taste. I'm looking to upgrade to some of the better ones like KZ T1, MPOW T5, Sony WF-1000XM3 or Galaxy Buds, Senn MTW. Anyone here can suggest a TWS with no blooming bass :D I've auditioned the HIFIMAN TWS600, but the overall sound signature was just weird and I couldn't care less about getting them.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #11,069 of 62,111
Aug 29, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #11,070 of 62,111
So I just blind bought an QCY T1C/QS1 based on suggestions of a website called scarbir and immediately fell in love with the TWS convenience, but this little thing still has more bass than my taste. I'm looking to upgrade to some of the better ones like KZ T1, MPOW T5, Sony WF-1000XM3 or Galaxy Buds, Senn MTW. Anyone here can suggest a TWS with no blooming bass :D I've auditioned the HIFIMAN TWS600, but the overall sound signature was just weird and I couldn't care less about getting them.

my personal favorite : Nillkin Go doesn't have a blooming midbass, but still can provide low subbass when needed. the overall bass sound is also on the speedy and has faster decay, similar to typical BA drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back