Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #10,861 of 62,324
Hello Everyone, just wanna ask what are you thoughts on buying the original Sony WF1000X for $40. Are they worth it considering how good chifi is getting now? (Talking about the anbes).

I'm getting rid of my wired iem and yet to find a good bt20s review to pull the trigger.

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #10,862 of 62,324
How many of you find yourself using your Bluetooth IEMs over all your other gear not just for convenience but because this kind of your new "path". i really enjoy the sound of all of my BT IEMs and rarely listen to my other gear which only consists of really two rigs which are Alclair RSMs CIEMs and FiiO X5iii and iPod Touch and iSine20s. Im always looking to see whats new in the BT world in IEMs but i think my newest investment may have to be a new phone as my LGV20 is finally starting to give out after 3 plus years.

if you see my gear list, i only have one DAP (an old Ipod Classic 7), and the two DAC/Amp that i have are both bluetooth... so basically unless I'm using the Ipod, even when I'm using my wired gears I'm also using them in bluetooth :k701smile:

i always prefer convenience and practicality, so wireless system always appealing for me. nowadays i think Wireless and TWS have catch up and can compete with their wired friends, especially the under 50 usd TWSs, i now think they can compete even in SQ department to the wired ones in general.

i myself choose the BT20s solution as a happy medium. not because the TWS is inferior in sound (i still love the Nillkin Go and the old WF1000X sound), but more because i can use sound drivers that i already have and know the sound

the only concern rhat i have about TWS is longevity of the battery...still not easily replacable.

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #10,863 of 62,324
I don't know .. looks rather bulky on wrist ...

There's also 'TWS in thermos top' somewhere on AliX :wink:

that's my concern too. at that size, i rather carry them cases in my pocket or bag instead of the wrist.

Hello Everyone, just wanna ask what are you thoughts on buying the original Sony WF1000X for $40. Are they worth it considering how good chifi is getting now? (Talking about the anbes).

I'm getting rid of my wired iem and yet to find a good bt20s review to pull the trigger.

the WF1000X sounds good, up to the point that i personality would love to buy a wired version with the same sound. the only bad thing about it for me is the battery. if you're okay about using it below 3 hours at a time and enjoy a balanced sound, it's a good buy.

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #10,864 of 62,324
that's my concern too. at that size, i rather carry them cases in my pocket or bag instead of the wrist.

the WF1000X sounds good, up to the point that i personality would love to buy a wired version with the same sound. the only bad thing about it for me is the battery. if you're okay about using it below 3 hours at a time and enjoy a balanced sound, it's a good buy.

Thank you. How would you compare that to the chifi favorites here besides the battery side (which I'm ok with)?

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #10,865 of 62,324
Spent quite some time reading through this thread, and decided to order the Tranya T3s. Bought 2 pairs as I'm giving a pair to my daughter. They do not disappoint! Comparatively a little in the higher price range where chi-fi is concerned, but they deserve to be. With the back to school code for 25% off and free shipping (still on their site I think), more than a worthy purchase. :beerchug:

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #10,866 of 62,324
Love her tone, feeling & style.((Edit)) whoops sleepy head wrong thread, but she is worth keeping in this thread.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #10,869 of 62,324

Are you talking new or used? $40 for new is a no brainer, I would totally do it. Even with battery life a little less than 3 hours, for $40, that's great. Plus, there's app control and mild ANC (just don't expect too much from it).

Now, if you're talking used, refurb, renewed, then that's a bit different, since who knows where the battery life is at. However, for $40, I'd personally buy it (if I hadn't already had a pair previously).

The mic on it was not very good if I recall correctly, so if you're looking at something you can use for calls, you're probably better off with the MPOW T5.

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #10,871 of 62,324
I try to stick to 2 rules / boundaries: only 3 items and a total under 100$ :D

So, sales week started ... and I managed to get in 4 TWS for 91.65$ :wink: after like 7$ of store coupons

I am still contemplating the YTOM T1 ... but still not fully convinced ... and those Chi-Fi ANC Frankenstein ears somehow still tickle me ...

Any other great finds? Crazy discounts?

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #10,872 of 62,324
Gonna fire on the UmiDigi pods with the sale for 9.9$.

I have the Wavefun Xpods 3, but they are the first TWS I have, so I can't really compare.
I'm happy with the sound, they are super comfortable and have a small box. Connection is solid when I connect the left pod first as I carry my phone in the left pocket. Otherwise I got a random dropout when squatting. But when I connect the left pod first I have no problems.

This thread really infects with a wish to try out more of them.

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #10,873 of 62,324
Gonna fire on the UmiDigi pods with the sale for 9.9$.

I have the Wavefun Xpods 3, but they are the first TWS I have, so I can't really compare.
I'm happy with the sound, they are super comfortable and have a small box. Connection is solid when I connect the left pod first as I carry my phone in the left pocket. Otherwise I got a random dropout when squatting. But when I connect the left pod first I have no problems.

This thread really infects with a wish to try out more of them.

Welcome to Head-fi, thanks for choosing this thread to start your adventure :wink:

I feel sorry for your wallet :D

moneyfly.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #10,874 of 62,324
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #10,875 of 62,324
How many of you find yourself using your Bluetooth IEMs over all your other gear not just for convenience but because this kind of your new "path". i really enjoy the sound of all of my BT IEMs and rarely listen to my other gear which only consists of really two rigs which are Alclair RSMs CIEMs and FiiO X5iii and iPod Touch and iSine20s. Im always looking to see whats new in the BT world in IEMs but i think my newest investment may have to be a new phone as my LGV20 is finally starting to give out after 3 plus years.
I found that my TWS replace most of my wired IEMs except Westone W60. W60 are most comfortable for my ears, even more so than any TWS I've tried, and I use Westone's ultra thin cable that feels almost non-existent. They still sound better even paired with ES100, though during a long flight Nuarl NT01ax sound as good as this setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back