Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 26, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #10,891 of 62,419
Top 10 True Wireless Earbuds

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #10,892 of 62,419
Watching this thread closely. Have gone back and read the last 250 pages or so.

Recently my beatsx have died on me so looking to get a new pair of earbuds and think it's time to go truely wireless.

My main concern is size. The beats x were small albeit with a cable. But I like the small style and the galaxy buds are looking good in that respect. All the ones mentioned look really big? Do they feel as big as they look?

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #10,893 of 62,419
Hi all! New member here, but I've been shadowing this thread for quite some time.
I am not at all experienced with quality headphones. Up 'till a few weeks ago, I was just using earpods that came with my phone. Then I decided to get some true wireless earbuds. Due to all the rave reviews, I got the jabra 65t active. To be honest, I was really underwhelmed by the sound, no matter what tips I used. I found the wired earpods sounded better. On top of that, I found them rather uncomfortable in my ears.
So I sent them back and I bought the Bose SSF. Now these things sounded amazing!!! I had no idea that I was missing this much all these years on cheap earbuds! I also find them comfortable, since they are semi open.

But here's my first world problem: I hate the case, in that it pretty much misses the point of portability of IEMs. I've been honestly debating on getting the soundlink 2 and a cheap set of TWS. I'd also like some more isolation.

I'm a guy who actually enjoys the idea of a 'one and only pair' though. Is there any TWS with a portable case AND as good sounding? I've been debating on trying the Melomania 1 out. Maybe the RHA True connects?

I'd also be open to suggestions of "wired" bluetooth IEMs.
When you say Bose Soundlink 2, are you talking about the over-ear cans? If so, they're OK, but there are MUCH BETTER at that price. I had them, returned them.

If you're looking for a single budget TWS and an over-ear, then go with any of the following budget options, which all sound great and "exciting". To be honest, you're really not missing much when compared to the best; diminishing returns 'n all. However, if you want the best and are OK with 2.5 hours battery, the MW07 are the best in terms of pure SQ.

- MPOW T5
- Anbes 359 (Kissral Variant)
- Tranya T3
- Jlab Jbuds Air Icon
- GRDE TWS
- Cowin KY02

TONS of over-ear/on-ear options in the $100 range that are good.

If you want just ONE good TWS in the $150 range, take a look at the House of Marley Liberate Air. I just got them over the weekend and they are really good.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #10,894 of 62,419
So far I'm impressed. Still a bit early, they are fairly big even for my big head and ears but they feel good.
156685676020072688010050428431.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #10,895 of 62,419
Could you elaborate more about DAC kicking in? Off-topic for this thread but just curious and never experienced it.
Yeah on the DAC, whenever i'd plug headphones like my Sennheiser 630 VB or PM3, it wouldn't always recognize something was plugged into the phone. So would either play no audio, audio out of the phone speaker, or audio would be very low. Or, it would act as expected and recognize that a headphone with higher impedance headphone was plugged in, or that a headphone that could benefit from mor power was plugged in might be a better way to describe it.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #10,896 of 62,419
So far I'm impressed. Still a bit early, they are fairly big even for my big head and ears but they feel good.
I see you got the SpinFits on that bad boy. Feedback appreciated!

Oh, if you can, please evaluate the mic/call quality. I use my TWS' for business at times, so it's good to know which ones I need to wear if I'm expecting or making calls.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #10,897 of 62,419
Seems they are just out of the oven and still burning...:wink: They come with touch controls (thumbs up for that).
On the down side and always taken with a pinch of salt, the case seems larger that that from previous models (should better shrink, damn) and I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't decide to pack a Qualcomm QCC302X to have true mono mode and better call quality. The description says these come with a Realtek chip

Anyway, the Tranya brand is kind of a safe bet, so I'm sure they'll be a great pair.

By the way, for you fellows on the US, the official Tranya group in Facebook is asking for US reviewers (beta testers) - https://www.facebook.com/tranya.inf...9649357/510037309759652/?type=3&theater&ifg=1. There is an e-mail for those interested. The call is from only a few hours ago
Thanks for sharing this, i just sent an email to the address in the FB post. Fingers crossed.

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #10,898 of 62,419
So I have been using my Anbes 359 for a couple months and have been often using only one headphone while biking but recently I can't get them to connect to each other again. I have tried to follow the instruction in the manual by long pressing 4 sec and then another 6 sec and placing them in the case. But when taking them out of the case they're still not connected to each other when hearing music. I have also tried to reset my bluetooth setting and no luck there. Can someone who also own these IEMs tell me how they got theirs worked together?

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #10,899 of 62,419
So the Galaxy Buds just got a firmware update the other day. They seem to sound better than ever.
How do they sound with SBC? The only things putting me off is they are said to sound best with the proprietary Samsung Scalable Codec and cost 199$ CAD.

Grabbed the House of Marley Liberate Air today. Never actually purchased anything from H of M before, mostly because I feel they're a bit gimmicky with their marketing. Against my better judgment, I decided to give them a shot for $149. Looking at the website, I couldn't figure out if they supported anything other than SBC, so I was basically rolling the dice. It should be noted, their new over ear flagship only supports SBC.

Well, pleasantly, VERY pleasantly, surprised. Not only do they support AAC, but they also support aptX! How do you NOT describe this in your marketing specs?!

Sound is crisp, but not too sharp, mids sit nicely in the driver's seat (listening to some Bryan Ferry stuff), and bass is fairly deep, round, and solid. No noticeable driver flex. I like these quite a bit and they look quite nice with the bamboo. Definitely feel good recommending these.
Nice! I recall reading it said AptX in some of the earlier announcements but it wasn't listed on the spec sheet.

Currently looking for something with USB C, AptX and Wireless charging for under 100$... Sabbat E12 ultra fits the bill but not a big fan of the original (although I suspect I got a dud)

It seems like the Firefly Pro actually charges with my Samsung Fast Charging stand, but I have to use a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 or Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging power brick. Unfortunately the Sabbat E12 is too short to be charged on the incline although it w Using a QC3.0 power brick doesn't charge any of them (but still charges my phone).

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #10,900 of 62,419
How do they sound with SBC? The only things putting me off is they are said to sound best with the proprietary Samsung Scalable Codec and cost 199$ CAD.

I use them with the AAC codec.

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #10,901 of 62,419
I see you got the SpinFits on that bad boy. Feedback appreciated!

Oh, if you can, please evaluate the mic/call quality. I use my TWS' for business at times, so it's good to know which ones I need to wear if I'm expecting or making calls.
I try and put Spinfits on everything, they are comfortable and generally make for a good seal.
My Wife called and she can generally tell if I'm using my headphones to talk to her and this time she couldn't tell, she came in very clear as well.

I was trying out the noise cancelling and it works and works relatively good. I start school again tomorrow and I'll have to see how it blocks all the noise in class.
As for sound, I'm loving it so far. I've heard some say it's bright but I think it's on the warmer side of neutral. Very clear crisp highs great Bass and mids.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #10,902 of 62,419
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #10,903 of 62,419
So I have been using my Anbes 359 for a couple months and have been often using only one headphone while biking but recently I can't get them to connect to each other again. I have tried to follow the instruction in the manual by long pressing 4 sec and then another 6 sec and placing them in the case. But when taking them out of the case they're still not connected to each other when hearing music. I have also tried to reset my bluetooth setting and no luck there. Can someone who also own these IEMs tell me how they got theirs worked together?
I think there is a solution on YouTube. Do a search. If I find it I'll post it. I had that problem just once when I first got them and never has happened again.

And another top VS fav.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #10,904 of 62,419

Users who are viewing this thread

Back