Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 28, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #9,811 of 62,436

My Thai isn't all that good, so some of the descriptive language that's fairly specific, like describing how headphones sound is tricky lol. But I will try.

Says the earphones are focused to music sound quality. Sound is what you would expect from a dual driver. Bass is tight, midrange is warm but layered. And recommends it for Acoustical and EDM music.

It does seem pretty good. They also reviewed the new Sony WF-1000xm3 and those scored higher, but comparatively these are not too far off.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #9,813 of 62,436
How the hell I check the charge level on T5, of buds and the case itself? Of all the tws I have/had it seems the most non obvious. On mw07 you put buds in the case close the lid and voila - three color leds show you the charge level of each bud and the case itself. 65t is similar with the benefit of having charge level led on each bud. Even 359 have some reasonable indicators. What’s up with t5? It’s ridiculous if I always have to plug the case to see the battery level. Because otherwise leds are always dark whether buds inside or not when I close the lid. And how do I know the charge level of each individual bud?

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #9,814 of 62,436
My Thai isn't all that good, so some of the descriptive language that's fairly specific, like describing how headphones sound is tricky lol. But I will try.

Says the earphones are focused to music sound quality. Sound is what you would expect from a dual driver. Bass is tight, midrange is warm but layered. And recommends it for Acoustical and EDM music.

It does seem pretty good. They also reviewed the new Sony WF-1000xm3 and those scored higher, but comparatively these are not too far off.

Thank you!!!

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #9,815 of 62,436
So, Wednesday the mpow T5 and the MeeAudio X10 both arrived. The x10 was,...horrible! did get a fairly good seal once figured out how they needed to fit in the ear, but they are very cheaply built, the case honestly feels like a plastic cheap kids toy. they kind of haphazardly sit in the case, but seem to not displace easily. they actually sound okay, but not a lot of mids just felt like they were pulled back not quite dialed in all the way if you will. mos tof the time, they cut out, get out of sync and have that weird echoy mono like sound, and the right bud has this killer ambiant thing going on where i could hear things very clearly from 2 rooms away and behind a closed door. But it was very nicely implemented and played over the top of the music in a freakishly natural way. They're definitely going back.
The T5s are loud!. Forward and loud!. Full hard hitting bass, with some sloppy sub bass imo, but really a fun sound over all, perfect for the gym, the shower obviously, as d3myz can attest to haha. They also have great call quality. I think they'll stay.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #9,816 of 62,436

Thank you.
Also on Russian forum 4pda I saw a message from aliexpress seller - he wrote that the quantity of KZ T1 is limited - and won't be manufactured in future(looks like his assumption).
Anyway if it sounds better than sony - it should be must-have tws.

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #9,818 of 62,436
Does the Wavefun charge Type C to C or just Type C to A? Is the seal and isolation better than the Jabras?

I also recall one of their Alibaba OEMS made a Breathing Light spaceship pod TWS with Alien lights on the buds.
The seal and isolation are better than on the Jabra's for me. I don't really get your charging question, but it charges via usb-c.

how's the overall sound compared to the T1C?

also there's a new find recently on AE, it says to have USB-C, button and touch controls, and also app for GPS locator

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000028275856.html

also has anyone here tried this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32980824739.html

it goes by different brand, but the unit code is usually T50 TWS. it says to have BA driver, though the picture is displaying DD driver (confusing). reviews in AE seems pretty positive, and saying it has a good connection and balanced sound.
Compared to the T1C, the Wavefun has more natural mids. The bass on the T1C is more minimal, but more textured. It's a bit sloppy on the Wavefun.

Even though many user reviews seem fake, the T50 TWS is coming my way. Unfortunately, it's sent from mainland China, so it takes a loooong time to arrive.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #9,819 of 62,436
Looks like my beloved Sabbat E12 has been upgraded with the a new Qualcomm chipset.
For the moment, it's only listed in the Alibaba site - https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....galleryofferlist.normalList.1.789c4f92xcjDTm - for consumer shops to buy in bulk.
We can expect it to become available within the next weeks or months on AliExpress and other similar sites. This may be artificially push back a bit, till the brand runs out of stock on the current version
Unfortunately, the info does not the specify the Qualcomm chipset (I'd bet on the qcc3020).
If this upgrade solves the call quality issues (on paper, they should have cVc 8.0) of the one today and improve the connectivity, these buds are back to the game.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #9,820 of 62,436
The seal and isolation are better than on the Jabra's for me. I don't really get your charging question, but it charges via usb-c.

Compared to the T1C, the Wavefun has more natural mids. The bass on the T1C is more minimal, but more textured. It's a bit sloppy on the Wavefun.

Even though many user reviews seem fake, the T50 TWS is coming my way. Unfortunately, it's sent from mainland China, so it takes a loooong time to arrive.

thanks! i think I'll pass the wavefun for now, because the T1C bass is big enough as it is, and i figure sloppier bass might get boomy and lost in the street noise. the T1C is my designated motorcycle riding TWS for now as no other TWS or IEMs provide the balanced noise/wind blocking and ability to hear some crucial street sound like the T1C

I'll be on the lookout for your T50 review :ksc75smile:

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #9,822 of 62,436
What he means is, is the cable on both sides usb-c ? Or is it usb-c on 1 side and "regular" big USB (aka usb-a) on the other side ?
The latter.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #9,823 of 62,436
Looks like my beloved Sabbat E12 has been upgraded with the a new Qualcomm chipset.
For the moment, it's only listed in the Alibaba site - https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....galleryofferlist.normalList.1.789c4f92xcjDTm - for consumer shops to buy in bulk.
We can expect it to become available within the next weeks or months on AliExpress and other similar sites. This may be artificially push back a bit, till the brand runs out of stock on the current version
Unfortunately, the info does not the specify the Qualcomm chipset (I'd bet on the qcc3020).
If this upgrade solves the call quality issues (on paper, they should have cVc 8.0) of the one today and improve the connectivity, these buds are back to the game.
Minimum order quantity is 1..... You can always just order from there directly

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #9,824 of 62,436
Minimum order quantity is 1..... You can always just order from there directly

True. Problem with ordering in Alibaba is the shipping costs. Remember this is a wholesale portal and those vendors are used to sell a good amount of units per transaction. Rarely, shipping costs are free or inexpensive when you're ordering just 1 unit. It's not like you can add something to the cart, check it out and have free or 1 US$ shipping costs.

In addition, I'd see advisable to let them go through the retail shops and check some reviews before. My point here is that is not probably a good idea to buy the Sabbat E12 now. Better wait till the ones with the Qualcomm chipset are out on the street. Looking at the wholesale price of the new vs the older, I think that the retail price will be roughly the same.
What I'm clear now is that I wouldn't buy any chi-fi TWS that does not not come with one of the Qualcomm chipsets (qcc3020 or 3026). We're starting to see some models bringing them at affordable prices (WaveFun X-Pods 3/YTOM T1 being likely the most affordable today, with other such as the Syllable, Edifier TWS1 and the like) and we can expect this trend is going to keep on within the next months. AptX support, separate bud connectivity, lower energy consumption and therefore longer overall battery life and better call quality (cVc 8.0) are goodies one don´t want to pass.

Of course, for SQ there are many other factors that matter such as overall design, driver build quality, shell design to account for optimal resonance and some others, but I'd say the qcc's always add up to the final product.

Just keep in mind that most all the cheap Chi-fi brands dont invest in their own R&D and are essentially assemblers of components engineered and improved by individual component makers or just plain OEMs where they only stamp their brand and "market" finished white-label products made by others. That means that the ones actually driving the real innovation on the TWS are the component manufacturers.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #9,825 of 62,436

Users who are viewing this thread

Back