Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #9,766 of 62,832
Will check on that. Need nice, sparkly source ... so far only listening to thumpy stuff on mixcloud .. maybe not the best quality reference :D
I think I recall that something sounded a bit harsh ... will give it a special listen later ..
Time for pink noise.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #9,768 of 62,832
How about you give me some nice track on YT that's good for checking highs .. but nothing with shrubby guitars or anything death metall-y ?
This is my go to recently. Clear Vocals, Clear shimmer on the cymbals and Bass notes. The Anbes plays this perfectly:

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #9,769 of 62,832
How about you give me some nice track on YT that's good for checking highs .. but nothing with shrubby guitars or anything death metall-y ?
ok, answering my own question ... I just went through most tracks on THIS list ... and those LADOLOD keep impressing me.

Ok, so the bass is overbearing to a point that it steals thunder from the mids... and the highs might not have brilliant detail ... but female voices like Mariah Hill do NOT come across as shrill and there is no sign of sibillance ... these are still pretty awesome for bass boomy EDM / run-type music.

Something for 20€ sounding like that makes me giddy!

now trying this with the Anbes XG13 (why even anbes, it does not say anbes anywhere ... other than the seller's headline)

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #9,770 of 62,832
This is my go to recently. Clear Vocals, Clear shimmer on the cymbals and Bass notes. The Anbes plays this perfectly:

Bit tricky to judge, as I don't really know the track ... this slight distortion in the guitar is intended I guess? But I can say that the guy's screaming .. i mean emotional singing comes across sibilance free on the XG13 .. but if my ears like it? not really ... cymbals also seem ok

my old ears are probably not the best reference tool ...

and now we are at shrubby guitars :) ... yep, that is supposed to sound like that I think :D Oh, fancy guitar solo ... ears still not bleeding ... that's a good sign, no?

Not sure I want to do that track again with the lasdolod :D

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #9,771 of 62,832
Bit tricky to judge, as I don't really know the track ... this slight distortion in the guitar is intended I guess? But I can say that the guy's screaming .. i mean emotional singing comes across sibilance free on the XG13 .. but if my ears like it? not really ... cymbals also seem ok

my old ears are probably not the best reference tool ...

and now we are at shrubby guitars :) ... yep, that is supposed to sound like that I think :D Oh, fancy guitar solo ... ears still not bleeding ... that's a good sign, no?

Not sure I want to do that track again with the lasdolod :D

His voice is old school kinda soul like Sam Cooke/Otis Redding/Terence Tent Darby. I got into 50's/60's music in the 80's as a teen, so I can hear his influence. This track demonstrate great audio recording. The clarity is just great. If my TWS can't sound clear on that demo then it's going back. So far two have gone back and partial refund on a 3rd. Yes slight distortion on the guitar. I'd say listen to the 359 first and then compare the others. :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #9,772 of 62,832

If you want to hear an amazing track for testing (female) vocals, listen to this. The bass and highs (details) are also wonderful produced, but when she starts to sing... wow, the voice hit you with an unbelievable softness and clarity!
My Lypertek Tevis sound amazing with most music I listen to, but they really shine with this Kari Bremnes track (the best sounding album I've heard).
This track also shows how much better AAC/AptX sound compared to SBC.
The volume on the album is a bit low, so you need to turn up the volume a bit more than normal.

BTW, the Tevis is the best sounding buds I've had, and I have/have had B&O E8 2.0, Senn' MTW, Anbes 359 etc. I actually prefer the sound on the Tevis to my Sony WH-1000MX3 :O

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #9,773 of 62,832
glad to help! it also gave me the same headache when i first got it, until i found the way to do it

Not to bother you again. This is addressed to anyone who knows what's up... Now the issue for me is that I have to manually pair the BT20 to my iPhone everytime I turn it off then back on, as if it was a brand new device. Is that really how this product is supposed to work, or am I just missing something?

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #9,774 of 62,832

If you want to hear an amazing track for testing (female) vocals, listen to this. The bass and highs (details) are also wonderful produced, but when she starts to sing... wow, the voice hit you with an unbelievable softness and clarity!
My Lypertek Tevis sound amazing with most music I listen to, but they really shine with this Kari Bremnes track (the best sounding album I've heard).
The volume on the album is a bit low, so you need to turn up the volume a bit more than normal.

BTW, the Tevis is the best sounding buds I've had, and I have/have had B&O E8 2.0, Senn' MTW, Anbes 359 etc. I actually prefer the sound on the Tevis to my Sony WH-1000MX3 :O

Stop bragging haha I want those TEVIS. Darn you're in norway was gonna ask for a loan. Awww BigZ12 you change avatar, grunt.

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #9,775 of 62,832
Stop bragging haha I want those TEVIS. Darn you're in norway was gonna ask for a loan. Awww BigZ12 you change avatar, grunt.
Just kidding, they are crap.
giphy.gif

Loan? No way, Norway :flag_bv:

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #9,776 of 62,832
Jul 27, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #9,778 of 62,832
Guys, somehow my QCY QS1 lost the connection to my phone.

I was able to delete the connection and re-pair the L one, but not the right one.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to do the master reset, re-pair, and L/R resync?

I tried searching this thread for the information, and I found multiple posts telling people to do it to solve thee various problems, but I was unable to find the actual instructions.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #9,779 of 62,832
if anyone wants my once used anbes 359, I’ll do 25 shipped via fist class mail conus only.

is there something special about these to result in this sq? Balanced armatures? Graphene? Unicorn magic? Really better than mtw?

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #9,780 of 62,832
Guys, somehow my QCY QS1 lost the connection to my phone.

I was able to delete the connection and re-pair the L one, but not the right one.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to do the master reset, re-pair, and L/R resync?

I tried searching this thread for the information, and I found multiple posts telling people to do it to solve thee various problems, but I was unable to find the actual instructions.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Try it a couple of times. I had the same issue. Delete all connections and try it again. On the one second press and release I let go of the left first. I had to do it a couple of times when trying to pair it to different devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back