Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 17, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #6,931 of 62,439
does it have volume control?
It doesn’t have volume control from the unit. My AP80 has a section in the Bluetooth area where the TW can be set lower or higher. But, no, none on the Tw itself. Also, these can go way louder than the QCY. I can max out those and they can get just a hair louder than I need. The Whizzer equal volume is about 45 (out of 100) on my AP80.

May 17, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #6,933 of 62,439
20190517_074004.jpg i was tips searching for the Mifo o5... the o5 standard has a weird case concerning vacuum inside the ears: it sounded clear and open when i pressed it slightly and break the vacuum, but as soon as i let go it will suck the air inside the ears (like plunger effect) and cause the mids to sound choked.. that could make the o5 sounded veiled.

so with the o5 it is better to use eartips that a bit hard, or can "breathe" a little
the best tips i found so far is foam tips (i think any foam tips are fine) and ortofons, but because of the case design, i ended up having to put on/off the eartips everytime i use it. better sounding, but slightly inconvenient

so i use this eartips i found on AE, so far working nicely.

May 17, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #6,934 of 62,439
It doesn’t have volume control from the unit. My AP80 has a section in the Bluetooth area where the TW can be set lower or higher. But, no, none on the Tw itself. Also, these can go way louder than the QCY. I can max out those and they can get just a hair louder than I need. The Whizzer equal volume is about 45 (out of 100) on my AP80.

thanks! i think I'm leaning towards the Syllable more, because the longer battery and also the volume control, but i also waiting for the next version of BT20 coming soon, they say that it would have Aptx HD

May 17, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #6,935 of 62,439
Very retro design. Kind of a circa-1998-2003 Bluetooth 2.0 headset look.

Just joking around. The specs look good. But I can already hear people complaining about having to charge them with a split microUSB cable...

No, they definitely look like a bad idea about to happen. Ugly and less convenient than any other offerings now. Even a charging stand or Qi charging would make them much better, but at that point why not just make a nice travel case. The only thing I am curious about is the 13mm driver, but I wonder if a relatively unknown will have good enough tuning to make good use of a big driver anyway...

May 17, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #6,936 of 62,439
thanks! i think I'm leaning towards the Syllable more, because the longer battery and also the volume control, but i also waiting for the next version of BT20 coming soon, they say that it would have Aptx HD

I noticed the following comments about the Syllable in one of the reviews on AliExpress: "An absolute steal for the level of sound quality. It has an even frequency response warm balance sounding flatter and smoother than even the creative outlier air which is 3x its price. Just smooth unforced details and a weighty bottom end. Run-in is absolutely required as it sounds a bit rough and boomy when new. After running it in with nordost burn-in tracks overnight for 48hrs. The sound smooths out and the timbres and details starts to emerge. Performance peaks at about 100+ hrs."

I don't have the Creative Outlier Air, but this reviewer's
observations about the benefit of a bit of burn-in on the Syllables are consistent with my experience. I've had them for just about two weeks now, and they just keep getting better. I actually ordered a second pair, because ... $30.

May 17, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #6,937 of 62,439
i was tips searching for the Mifo o5... the o5 standard has a weird case concerning vacuum inside the ears: it sounded clear and open when i pressed it slightly and break the vacuum, but as soon as i let go it will suck the air inside the ears (like plunger effect) and cause the mids to sound choked.. that could make the o5 sounded veiled.

so with the o5 it is better to use eartips that a bit hard, or can "breathe" a little
the best tips i found so far is foam tips (i think any foam tips are fine) and ortofons, but because of the case design, i ended up having to put on/off the eartips everytime i use it. better sounding, but slightly inconvenient

so i use this eartips i found on AE, so far working nicely.

What happened to the black spray paint?

May 17, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #6,938 of 62,439
May 17, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #6,939 of 62,439
So what's the best chifi unit that has ambient mode? Anbes 359 doesn't, from what I can tell. :\

Edit: What's the difference between the Anbes 359 and 360 other than the case?

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #6,941 of 62,439
Never mind my repeated Havit G1 questions :)
There was (is?) just now a lightning deal on amazon.de for 35,99€ which is 40$ ... so ... I clicked :D
How many TWS do you have now? :)

May 17, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #6,942 of 62,439
Never mind my repeated Havit G1 questions :)
There was (is?) just now a lightning deal on amazon.de for 35,99€ which is 40$ ... so ... I clicked :D

I like the G1 a fair bit but ultimately I couldn’t live with the lack of ambient mode

May 17, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #6,944 of 62,439
How many TWS do you have now? :)

Not that many ...

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 9.01.24 PM.png

The Sleepbuds don't really count ... the Jabras are dead :frowning2: those BT20 dongle maybe also only count half? And that old Sony pair I got for like 10$ ....

Now, if you were to ask me how many are in the mail ... I would stare at the moon, whistling innocently :wink:

May 17, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #6,945 of 62,439
Does anyone know if M&D has plans to update the MW07's to address some of the issues in all the reviews like, phone call quality, battery life, and hissing in the left earpod, and an app for your phone, to have additional control??? Can they do a firmware update on these??? With all the great reviews regarding their sound quality and the high price I would hope they will make the appropriate adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back