Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 24, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #6,361 of 62,112
Glad you like the Anbes 359 they are a truly great TWS for the price(some people say better the the $300 Senns TWS). Yep $31 is a good price. I paid $31.44 for mine on amazon flash sale. I would skip those J.ZAO and get the Anbes 360(I have not heard them, yet, but reviews seem good). If I ever get a good price($30) on them I'd buy them without hesitation.

Looks like the Anbes 360 is the exact same TWS as the Hoco ES24 I recently ordered.
FAAD26CB-4156-45F2-A991-991CCA944B62.jpeg

Apr 24, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #6,362 of 62,112
Love it. Almost too pretty to use. Belongs in a museum!

I just got my pair of black MW07’s this afternoon and I will be reporting on how well they function in daily practice. So far the sonic quality is close to my Audeze iSine LX but they lack that complete transparency harbored by the latter.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #6,363 of 62,112
Used to think that aptx is just gimmick......turns out the difference between SBC and aptx is immense. Sennheiser MTW sounds boomy and overwhelming with SBC, bass response get much tighter with aptx.
SBC is noticeably fuzzy and just sounds compressed. There are good implementations of it, but a Prius only goes so fast.

AAC with Apple Music sounds really good, but IMHO, Spotify over aptX sounds slightly better.

The difference between SBC and aptX is apparent when using IEMs or headphones with good drivers. Take the Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Wireless. Over SBC, they sound hazy and muffled, but when streaming via aptX with the same source, the sound becomes more open and detailed. They are still a warm headphone, so the adjectives are relative, obviously.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #6,364 of 62,112
I just got my pair of black MW07’s this afternoon and I will be reporting on how well they function in daily practice. So far the sonic quality is close to my Audeze iSine LX but they lack that complete transparency harbored by the latter.
When you say Black, do you mean the Matte version or Piano Black?

Also, please advise what device you are using, volume level, battery life before the low battery warning, and total battery life. That's your assignment for today. :)

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #6,365 of 62,112
Looks like the Anbes 360 is the exact same TWS as the Hoco ES24 I recently ordered.
Fantastic congrats. Would like to hear your thoughts on them when they arrive.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #6,366 of 62,112
Apr 24, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #6,367 of 62,112
Apr 24, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #6,368 of 62,112
Used to think that aptx is just gimmick......turns out the difference between SBC and aptx is immense. Sennheiser MTW sounds boomy and overwhelming with SBC, bass response get much tighter with aptx.

SBC is noticeably fuzzy and just sounds compressed. There are good implementations of it, but a Prius only goes so fast.

AAC with Apple Music sounds really good, but IMHO, Spotify over aptX sounds slightly better.

The difference between SBC and aptX is apparent when using IEMs or headphones with good drivers. Take the Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Wireless. Over SBC, they sound hazy and muffled, but when streaming via aptX with the same source, the sound becomes more open and detailed. They are still a warm headphone, so the adjectives are relative, obviously.

try listening to garage rock or indie with SBC, it really got the mood right! :ksc75smile:

switching between SBC to AAC/APTX on the same device will surely have an audible effect. whether they consider it subtle and negligible or big and essential well that is subjective. but i would question someone who says there's no difference. won't try to debate them, because ears are different..but would take their opinions with more grains of salt

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #6,372 of 62,112
When you say Black, do you mean the Matte version or Piano Black?

Also, please advise what device you are using, volume level, battery life before the low battery warning, and total battery life. That's your assignment for today. :)

Matte Black.

Volume level - 100, device used - iPhone XR, battery life - maybe 30 percent? (just a guess), total battery life - ?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #6,373 of 62,112
I've been testing 4 different IEM's based on reading different posts in this group for the last 2 weeks.

Here's my short summary:

Blitzwolf BW-FYE4 - Widest soundstage of them all, massive bass, bass bleeds into lower mids. OK detail treble
Anomoibuds IP010-A - OK Bass, Recessed mids and low detail in treble. Sounds a bit closed in.
Anbes 359 - Good bass, Good mids. Highs OK, but lack detail.
Tiso i4 - The best of them for me so far. Neutral sounding good detail in bass, mids and highs, but narrow soundstage and could use more air in the treble.

All tested with the original accessories. Got good fit on them all after changing between different sizes eartips.

To come:
QCY T1C
Advanced Audio Model X

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #6,374 of 62,112
Tannoy is releasing a TW called Life Bud for only $79.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #6,375 of 62,112
yes still enjoying the anbes 359, battery lasts for ever, sounds great. one thing I noticed that is very good, when exercising no thumping in the ear, maybe slightly but its not really noticeable. my other buds are horrible in this department, especially the sennheiser mtw those thump the hardest in ear while walking or running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back