Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 22, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #6,331 of 62,112
Unsure if this has been shared before - but pretty interesting: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ds-first-3-in-1-convertible-earbud?ref=zrnflj

d667d435a73122895c448c077d14c161_original.jpg

Looks like you can connect in multiple ways.
Concerned about a 6mm dynamic driver .... but... still curious.

19797ac88c27d7d62f62ab2eb72079e6_original.jpg

Apr 22, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #6,332 of 62,112
Apr 22, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #6,334 of 62,112
I use my Nuarl with my phone and DAP. It does not connect at the same time, but searches for any product it is paired to. It works pretty well if they are your only bluetooth set and connects automatically to either one.

If you have connected to another bluetooth set last, turned on and off devices, and played around with bluetooth stuff like that,.it can be hit or miss a little. You might need to access your bluetooth settings to push the connection.
Sounds like the behavior I want, thank you! Now just need to wait untill the Singapore store starts selling the black ones.

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #6,335 of 62,112
I dont think the jabras 65t sound bad, I wouldn't describe them that way. They sound good, very high energy, foward sound, bassy perfect for workouts, I like using the 65t for workouts outside because the ambient mode works, good for safety reasons. Anbes have a wider soundstage also a little forward, not warm. I also used the jabra elites with the right tips also sound very good with great bass, work very well for working out. I used my sennheiser twm and they were good gobs of bass for working out, but they have a much warmer sound sig.
The main problem for me with the 65t is not the tuning, but the clipping distortion and noise floor of the left bud. It seems many people either don't have it or don't notice it, but there is a fairly large number of complaints about it. The Active 65t I tried in store and my own regular 65t have the problem. The sealing is also an issue for me. The medium tips are the most comfortable but the bass doesn't always seal properly especially when commuting. The large tips seal a bit better but the flange flexes back on my ear which is very uncomfortable.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #6,336 of 62,112
Does anyone know of any TWS aside from the EarinM2 where either iem can be used as the master by itself? I just moved into a job at work that requires me to be able to pay attention to employees as they walk by or up to me to speak etc. I'm totally blind so prefer to have 1 ear open to the world as i listen to Podcasts, music or whatever. And if theres a sleeper hit like the QCY T1C I might just pull the triggor.

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #6,337 of 62,112
Does anyone know of any TWS aside from the EarinM2 where either iem can be used as the master by itself? I just moved into a job at work that requires me to be able to pay attention to employees as they walk by or up to me to speak etc. I'm totally blind so prefer to have 1 ear open to the world as i listen to Podcasts, music or whatever. And if theres a sleeper hit like the QCY T1C I might just pull the triggor.

Sabbat X12 Pro is perfect for this use. You can use either side, and they are open so they let in outside sound too. They are very comfortable and you can easily wear them for an entire 8 hour shift with no discomfort or pressure.

Apr 23, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #6,339 of 62,112
Sabbat X12 Pro is perfect for this use. You can use either side, and they are open so they let in outside sound too. They are very comfortable and you can easily wear them for an entire 8 hour shift with no discomfort or pressure.
awesome! Glad these are an option, as i've thought about getting a pair previously. Thank you for the suggestion.

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #6,340 of 62,112
Looks pretty cool, and is a neat idea.

And after a million delays, I’m sure it will probably ship in about 2 years.

That seems to be how 95% of the crowd funded stuff goes...

No info about those behind it - check
Fake random blog blurbs - check
Wrong spec comparisons - check
Many crowdsource pr agencies - check
Spamming updates with other crap crowdfunds- check
Location is set as Cupertino.. Really.... Sure

My predictions is angry comments in December after months of delays.

Just look at the track record for TWS on kickstarter and indiegogo.

I know mavin for some reason tried indiegogo, but they had a working product. For some reason mavin says they are a California company when they started in Taiwan in 1999. So a lot of strange stuff going on in the tech business

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #6,341 of 62,112
This weekend I tried Anbes 359 and Galaxy Buds. They both sound good, on the same level, but not to the level of MW07 that I once owned. I prefer the sound sig of Galaxy buds, more accurate, neutral and balanced. The problem of them is the size of the buds. They are small, but not the earin M2 kind of small, and the somewhat round shape does not fit my ears well. Anbes 359 are more bean shaped and thus fit my ears perfectly, second to earin M2. So I'm gonna keep Anbes 359 for gym use, and return Galaxy buds. I'm thinking of Nuarl NT10AX whose elongated shape may fit my ears well, and they seem to have better SQ from the feedback here.

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #6,343 of 62,112
No info about those behind it - check
Fake random blog blurbs - check
Wrong spec comparisons - check
Many crowdsource pr agencies - check
Spamming updates with other crap crowdfunds- check
Location is set as Cupertino.. Really.... Sure

My predictions is angry comments in December after months of delays.

Just look at the track record for TWS on kickstarter and indiegogo.

I know mavin for some reason tried indiegogo, but they had a working product. For some reason mavin says they are a California company when they started in Taiwan in 1999. So a lot of strange stuff going on in the tech business
Most of these things are just investors contracting with a Chinese ODM and repackaging it with their sensationalized marketing. Pretty sure "AirLoop" isn't going to be Sennheiser.

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #6,344 of 62,112
Most of these things are just investors contracting with a Chinese ODM and repackaging it with their sensationalized marketing. Pretty sure "AirLoop" isn't going to be Sennheiser.

Exactly.

A friend of mine has a son in college, and him and a few of his frat bros contracted with a Chinese factory to private label some existing $9 AirPod style buds.

He marketed it with a fancy website, spam emails, and some slick Facebook ads. Sold hundreds of them a month for $99.99 a pair. One month before Christmas he even sold 1,000 pairs.

I asked him about them because he knows I’m into audio, and he said “oh you don’t want ours; they’re total junk.”

He doesn’t sell them anymore because he apparently thought he could get away without paying taxes on the income and the IRS wouldn’t notice. He’s kinda in some hot water right now lol

The point is a huge percentage of the stuff you see on crowd funding sites is fly by night scams or shady operations. It’s often considered by investors as the ‘Wild West’, where just about anything goes.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #6,345 of 62,112
Flash sale. For those looking for sports Earbuds that won't fall out.
Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds 60H Cycle Playtime 3D Stereo Sound Wireless Headphones Built-in Microphone, Sweatproof with Charging Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N633YWG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_a45VCb8DYGFWX

Anbes 359 rebadge.
Flash sale

Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Headphones, Hands Free Sweatproof Earbuds 15H Playing Time Built-in HD Dual Microphone – Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1GXXFN/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_yj6VCb0XDTXD5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back