Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 6, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #4,863 of 62,453
I'm new to the forum, but have been following this thread for a while now. I have the comply pro's on my MTM, and they're very comfortable, but sound a little muddled to me. They're great for reducing the "thud" when walking though. Do the spinfits (with longer tips) work similar in reducing the "thud" or are they similar to the stock tips as far as thud goes?

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #4,866 of 62,453
Strange thing. With my previous Galaxy S8 my 65t and MW07 had virtually no dropouts. Now I upgraded to S9+ and it’s dropout galore for both TWs! Inside or outside. Stretch hands over head at the gym – dropout, fiddle the wrong way with the right bud – dropout, etc. On the street both randomly make momentary cracks in places where neither ever did. Switching codecs doesn’t make any difference in connectivity. And it’s not the left bud loosing connection, seems like both. All of which makes me think that it has something to do with S9+. Antenna location? Different chipset and BT SoC? Both S8 and S9+ run Android 8. Unfortunately besides S9+ and iPad Air I don’t have currently any other source to compare, and it’s unrealistic to carry the tablet to the gym or jog with it. Any ideas, guys?

Do you have a case on your S9?

Sometimes cheaper aftermarket cases can cause interference issues.

Also try developer options >> make sure bluetooth codec is aptx. Check the audio bits per sample is 16 bits, playback quality is adaptive.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #4,867 of 62,453
Dat Timmkoo TIK-T1 though...
DSC00745.JPG
(note: the tips they come with are OK, I prefer my CP350 tips shown above)

~85-87% of MW07's sound quality with similar profile though not as rich due to more recessed mid's but has stronger bass and slightly higher upper treble which gives it an exaggerated crispness (despite elevated treble which I'm sensitive to, it's not in the 8K-ish range like the MW07 which disagree with my ears). Literally just got these so that's my zero burn-in impressions but they are easily my current recommendation for bargain TWEs ($38.99). It even has AAC codec (though they didn't advertise it). Passed palm cover test (just covered each bud with the thicker part of my palm) with flying colors with no intra-bud drop out's though overall range is just ok but still pretty good (Aermoo B3's is leader in this category). Will need to test how they hold up on trip into the city tomorrow as well as the battery life (they claim 4.5hrs). The touch controls are limited to the silver dot on the side so not easily accidentally invoked though as with most touch controls I've experienced on TWE's, not exactly the most responsive nor easy to always invoke the exact function one wants. The sound stage and image separation are also quite good just about matching the MW07 (or at least coming very close). Suffice to say, I'm very impressed by these so far.

The main reason I got these is they were unique looking and didn't seem like the other cookie cutter spin-off's that spawn from one OEM. Random fact: along with the iansean T1S, they are the only two TWEs I've tried recently where the manufacturer recorded their own custom messages for certain verbal cues (Power On, pairing, etc.) and both feature English spoken by a female with distinct Chinese accent (iansean were more Cantonese sounding whereas this was more Mandarin) :)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #4,868 of 62,453

~85-87% of MW07's sound quality with similar profile though not as rich due to more recessed mid's but has stronger bass and slightly higher upper treble which gives it an exaggerated crispness (despite elevated treble which I'm sensitive too, it's not in that 8K-ish range like the MW07's which disagree with my ears). Literally just got these so that's my zero burn-in impressions but they are easily my current recommendation for bargain TWE's ($38.99). It even has AAC codec (though they didn't advertise it). Passed palm cover test with flying colors with no intra-bud drop out's though overall range is just ok but still pretty good. Will need to test how they hold up on trip into the city tomorrow as well as the battery life (they claim 4.5hrs). The touch controls are limited to the silver dot on the side so not easily accidentally invoked though as with most touch controls I've experienced on TWE's, not exactly the most responsive nor easy to always invoke the exact function one wants. The sound stage and image separation are also quitegood just about matching the MW07's (or at least coming very close. Suffice to say, I'm very impressed by these so far.

The main reason I got these is they were unique looking and didn't seem like the other cookie cutter spin-off's that spawn from one OEM. Random fact: along with the iansean T1S, they are the only two TWEs I've tried recently where the manufacturer recorded their own custom messages for certain verbal cues (Power On, pairing, etc.) and both feature English spoken by a female with distinct Chinese accent (iansean were more Cantonese sounding whereas this was more Mandarin) :)
Do you have the Mifo to compare it to? How do they look in ear and wear to get one?

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #4,869 of 62,453
@ebrandon - The Air-X's nozzle is similar to that of the Jaybird X, 2 & 3 in that it's just a straight tube with no ridges. I measured the diam @ 6.7mm and I believe the Jaybird is 6mm (might be worth asking Comply about it).

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #4,870 of 62,453
@Wrathbringer27 - they have some Photochopped images and one computer rendering on their product page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MX2CWM5 (sorry I don't have modelesque ears...). Overall they are about flush with my antihelix so don't look too bad but of course, everybody's ear anatomy is a little different.

EDIT: Sorry, don't have Mifo but have tried a BUNCH of Chi-Fi units and I'd say these even top my previous two recommendations (MPow T5 & Romeo 07R's). They do have elevated bass so not for those who are looking for a neutral sig.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #4,872 of 62,453

~85-87% of MW07's sound quality with similar profile though not as rich due to more recessed mid's but has stronger bass and slightly higher upper treble which gives it an exaggerated crispness (despite elevated treble which I'm sensitive too, it's not in that 8K-ish range like the MW07's which disagree with my ears). Literally just got these so that's my zero burn-in impressions but they are easily my current recommendation for bargain TWE's ($38.99). It even has AAC codec (though they didn't advertise it). Passed palm cover test with flying colors with no intra-bud drop out's though overall range is just ok but still pretty good. Will need to test how they hold up on trip into the city tomorrow as well as the battery life (they claim 4.5hrs). The touch controls are limited to the silver dot on the side so not easily accidentally invoked though as with most touch controls I've experienced on TWE's, not exactly the most responsive nor easy to always invoke the exact function one wants. The sound stage and image separation are also quitegood just about matching the MW07's (or at least coming very close. Suffice to say, I'm very impressed by these so far.

Can you do a voice recording or trial phone call and let me know if they are passable for phone use? Unfortunately, my TWE always end up being my main call headset - so this feature has steadily crept up in my valuation - though I can't quite forgive my sound snob ways in favor of call quality as the primary reason for buying. Thanks!

Feb 6, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #4,874 of 62,453
@Luchyres - I literally just took a call on them and believe they're not bad (glad I can hear through both buds) but will try to do a voice recording and post it.
Thank you sir!

No rush on my end - but they do look pretttttty sweet - so if you give the thumbs up I'll probably buy to see if they are better than the Sabbat E12 I'm returning for balance (L significantly louder/more full than R) and vibration issues. :D

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #4,875 of 62,453
Gonna pick up the Mavins soon as they seem like the best all around TW for the gym. Hopefully the connection is what they say it should be.
I sold off my Jaybird Runs which absolutely suck at the gym for connection. I will be using the E8 in the interim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back