Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #4,832 of 62,436
I'm afraid this is something different.
They connect, and show up with a lot of battery in the app. The case is also almost fully charged.
The touch panel on the left works too, but no sound. Just a form of "clicking sound" in the bud.
That sucks! Hopefully you can exchange it out quickly.
I've been jammin with the MW07 lately and havn't given much time to the Senns.

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #4,833 of 62,436
It seems you're not as blown away by the SQ as RobinHood with the Nuarts "clone" but then they maybe only share the outdoor shell (we already know they don't share the same chipset, maybe drivers too ?). No comparison with the MW07 I take it ? How is the isolation ?

I've been wearing the X12 a lot these days, not just for running where they're likely the best TWE option at this time, thanks to their comfort and battery life. I dug out the Havit G1 again and the SQ is possibly a tad better, possibly due to the fact they isolate (X12 are 100% open), punchier bass notibly, but they do put some pressure on the outer ear.

I am connecting with APTX - I did notice the sound is quite a bit less crisp on SBC. I am absolutely addicted to the sound still today. There is no noticeable lag watching shows on my phone on VLC android.
There is a super light hissing while waiting to play songs though, gets worst on SBC. My tinnitus is louder though...so I don't really notice it. I noticed in a sound check that you could hear faint beeps and boops on the channel that wasn't playing music. Haven't noticed it on anything else.

No real connection issues since I got back from downtown. I got my fingers crossed they will be stable for the next trip I take downtown, I really don't want to return them!

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #4,834 of 62,436
Well, my MTW have been struck with the dreaded battery drain. Opened them yesterday after not using for a week. Case was drained. Right bud turned on manually. Left bud wouldn't turn on at all. Hmmm, any ideas? Is this part of the firmware fix?

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #4,836 of 62,436
Well, my MTW have been struck with the dreaded battery drain. Opened them yesterday after not using for a week. Case was drained. Right bud turned on manually. Left bud wouldn't turn on at all. Hmmm, any ideas? Is this part of the firmware fix?
Fully charged over night. Right 100 percent. Left 88 percent. Charging case flashing yellow not green after all night. Grrrrrrrr. Not happy. MW07 display none of this behavior.

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #4,837 of 62,436
Feb 3, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #4,838 of 62,436
AFAIK the Evolve exists solely for the corporate world. The whole 65t line is the same headphone with different bells and whistles. The Elite is the normal one, Active is more robust for sports, Evolve with extra mic capabilities for businesses.

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #4,839 of 62,436
AFAIK the Evolve exists solely for the corporate world. The whole 65t line is the same headphone with different bells and whistles. The Elite is the normal one, Active is more robust for sports, Evolve with extra mic capabilities for businesses.

But should the mics in the Active 65t still sound clear in an outdoor environment? With the pair I've had for about a week, I can't take a call with them if I am not in a quite environment. Any kind of noise and other person says they can't hear me at all.

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #4,840 of 62,436
The 65Ts have the best call quality but their are limits to what they can handle of course. Try recording voice messages to see if there's anything odd.

I am connecting with APTX - I did notice the sound is quite a bit less crisp on SBC. I am absolutely addicted to the sound still today. There is no noticeable lag watching shows on my phone on VLC android.
There is a super light hissing while waiting to play songs though, gets worst on SBC. My tinnitus is louder though...so I don't really notice it. I noticed in a sound check that you could hear faint beeps and boops on the channel that wasn't playing music. Haven't noticed it on anything else.

No real connection issues since I got back from downtown. I got my fingers crossed they will be stable for the next trip I take downtown, I really don't want to return them!

Good to hear aptX helps and they may have little in common with the Romeos other than their shell and battery charger.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #4,841 of 62,436
My MTW are junk. Turned on and connected to my phone while in the case today. I can’t turn them off. Case is dead despite having a full charge yesterday. This is My second pair with the same problems.

Does anyone have a US warranty number...

Of course I’m out of my return period by a week.

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #4,842 of 62,436
My MTW are junk. Turned on and connected to my phone while in the case today. I can’t turn them off. Case is dead despite having a full charge yesterday. This is My second pair with the same problems.

Of course I’m out of my return period by a week.
Probably won't help but did you try the full 30+ second reset? I did that and it helped a lot with the "won't turn off when charging" issue.

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #4,843 of 62,436
I just received the Sabbat E12:

A) Incredibly comfortable - and I quite like the case/size.

B) Overall like the fit and finish.

C) Sound is good - not blowing my mind - but I like it.

Two issues:

1) I thought it was the seal, but no matter how much I play with tips and re-seating it still sounds like the balance is off and leaning leftward. This is particularly noticeable with the bass - it just seems way less full/present on the right bud. Anyone else experience this with the X12 or E12?

2) I can hear a slight buzzing/mechanical sound with the "follower" bud - reminds me a bit of what I could hear with the Earin M-2 at loud volumes - whichever bud was the follower would have a slight buzzing that I've started to assume is the NFMI mechanism?

Honestly, if it weren't for issue 1, I would probably keep them. But I think I have to return them for the combo of 1 and 2 above.

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #4,844 of 62,436

Of course I’m out of my return period by a week. I've had 2 instances where the MTWs wouldn't shut off when in the case. Plugging them in immediately shut them off. Heres hoping the firmware updates fix this and all other bugs reported. Also, i wish Sennheiser would ditch the dot EQ. IMO, it's the worst. Would love to see a 5 band EQ or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back