Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 1, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #4,804 of 61,355
Lol. You’ll buy them (again) soon enough.

LMAO what sucks is you're probably right. Depending on the MTW firmware update and if anyone comes out with another big one.

I'm keeping an eye out for other brands to try and break in. If VModa does a high-end TWE that could be game over for me.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #4,805 of 61,355
update on the mifo o5 standard vs the pro:
mids detail is similar between them both, but the pro version has a cut out bass and treble extension, while the standard goes deeper down and also more sparkle on treble. also the standard has a much louder volume top limit.

physically, the only difference by looking at the unit is that the standard has black nozzle mesh, while the pro has metal mesh)

i personally think (at least for my preference) the standard version is a much better deal

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #4,806 of 61,355
LMAO what sucks is you're probably right. Depending on the MTW firmware update and if anyone comes out with another big one.

I'm keeping an eye out for other brands to try and break in. If VModa does a high-end TWE that could be game over for me.

I'd back you up in an email request to V-moda in a heartbeat (though their wireless earbuds thus far haven't had quite the same quality of sound as the Crossfade line). At the very least, I bet we'd be interested by the aesthetics of the product.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #4,807 of 61,355
I'd back you up in an email request to V-moda in a heartbeat (though their wireless earbuds thus far haven't had quite the same quality of sound as the Crossfade line). At the very least, I bet we'd be interested by the aesthetics of the product.

I admit I haven't tried any of their in-ears at all since aaaaaages back before VModa was considered an actual "audiophile" brand. That said, I really think they could pull it off if they went for it.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #4,808 of 61,355
Not my favorite design, feels kind of cheap.
It's the same design with the Romeo and if that lid ever falls apart, one will have to get creative with a velcro loop in order to charge the earbuds. I also don't like that the lid sort of scratches the buds when you're closing them to apply the pressure for charging as I'd imagine that will impact the finish long term.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #4,809 of 61,355
Sadly I had to return these but as far as all the Chi-Fi TWEs I've tried go, this and the Mpow T5's had top notch SQ but both suffered from constant disconnects (especially the T5). They did a little better when used with iPhone 7+ but alas, the V30 is my primary and I had lots of issues staying connected with that. Lemme know if you run into any connection issues (hopefully not seeing you have XS Max). I do think you'll be really pleased by SQ.
Now I'm looking forward to it even more! I'll post some feedback on here once I've tested it for a few.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #4,810 of 61,355
Anyone else feel like the TWE market is really exciting and unpredictable right now? I love that it doesn't really have any "established" brands per se. Even with the likes of Jabra and Sony around, everyone's still essentially on their first models. I can only wonder where we'll be in a year...

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #4,811 of 61,355
@SomeGuyDude - Indeed! While some of these initial offerings might have missed a mark here or there but overall it'll only continue to improve. Some of the big guys like the aforementioned V-Moda as well as Shure, AKG (albeit JBL is their sub), Blue, Audeze have yet to enter the fray so I can only imagine it getting better. I hope by year's end, they'll sort out the whole TWS/TWS+ issues, and get Adaptive aptX off the ground. Maybe even open-back or planar TWEs (doubtful on the latter given how hard they are to drive).

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #4,813 of 61,355
Anyone else feel like the TWE market is really exciting and unpredictable right now? I love that it doesn't really have any "established" brands per se. Even with the likes of Jabra and Sony around, everyone's still essentially on their first models. I can only wonder where we'll be in a year...
I got the bragi dash immediately upon release. I can’t even remember when but it was probably 3 years ago. They were ahead of their time. Jabra killed it with the elite sport. That was the best of the first ones.

We’ve come a long way since then. The new tw from advanced sound launch on inidiegogo soon. Very interested in those. It’s a good time to be a consumer.

Feb 1, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #4,814 of 61,355
I’m finally getting an opportunity to listen to the Senn Momentum TW. I’m quite surprised how dark they sound. Whilst I could get used to it over time, it wouldn’t be my first choice sonically (for my tastes).

I’m still on the Jabra Elite 65t but sonically it’s been the MW07 that still grabs me.

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #4,815 of 61,355
Im completely crushed. The Nuarls had a good connection at home and in the city, but completely unusable in Osaka downtown or at train stations.

Guess I need a class 1 bluetooth device...anyone with the Mavins in a crowded city? How do they hold up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back