Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4,756 of 62,435
The spinfit tips expand the sound stage and frequency range a bit, and also make them more resolving. On the flip side seems make me more fatigue for long-time listening. The fit is perfect, though, and fit into the case without any issue.

Thanks, I like the foams but a little fiddly with tws. Suits better wired buds. Too bad the bore on the mandarins are a little too small so cant compress them when putting it on.

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #4,757 of 62,435
Pretty sure it's not fit, and certainly not seal. I love the MTW sound, but it's the dead opposite of softer to me. MTW is much harsher, more aggressive, more sibilant, more "angry" to use a weird word. MW07 is smoother, calmer, more blended and soft, just more "chill" overall. The bass on the MW07 thumps, on the MTW it smacks. If I am pissed off and want to turn something up as loud as it will go, MTW all the way.

One thing I will note - the EQ on the MTW app makes a huge difference in sound. Right when I got them I didn't like them - too bloated and muddy. So I moved the MTW EQ dot about 1/3 up and 1/3 right of center to clean the bass up a bit and the sound just opened up for me. It's been there ever since. That might account for some of the difference.

Yes I would say EQing them might account for the difference lol

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #4,758 of 62,435
Can anyone with the Sabbat X12 or E12 comment on mic quality for phone calls? I end up talking on all of my TWEs - and so this has become a surprisingly important feature to me.

Edit: I retract my earlier excitement for that unit I linked.
:D

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #4,759 of 62,435
Neiman Marcus has 50 off MW07. Only has tortoise shell and blue colors left. Can't resist it and placed the order. Sigh...

$250 for the MW07 is a pretty sick deal honestly. There aren't many products that are at a premium price that earn it, I really think those do.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #4,761 of 62,435
Trying to find the right eartips is becoming an expensive business ! Has anyone used spinfit cp145 tips on the MW07 at all? Wondering if the 4.5mm internal diameter will stay secure or be too loose?
Is there nowhere at all in the UK that stocks spinfits and other JDM stuff?
Thanks

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #4,762 of 62,435
Trying to find the right eartips is becoming an expensive business ! Has anyone used spinfit cp145 tips on the MW07 at all? Wondering if the 4.5mm internal diameter will stay secure or be too loose?
Thanks
I would stay away from that larger diameter. My son can testify that even 1/2mm is enough for a tip to be too loose and get lodged in your ear. That was not fun.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,764 of 62,435
Thanks

I ordered spinfits from amazon.com and they only took a week to arrive in the UK with expedited delivery.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #4,765 of 62,435
I ordered spinfits from amazon.com and they only took a week to arrive in the UK with expedited delivery.

So did I and they never turned up

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #4,766 of 62,435
Thanks
I'm on the same quest. I'm using Spinfits CP100 on the MW07 and they are close but not perfect. I also ordered the Symbio, I'm still waiting for these.
I feel like putting the MW07 in my ear and using that expanding foam and covering my whole ear with it.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #4,767 of 62,435
Further observations for the Senn MTW:
  1. Passed the gym test with flying colors. 2 hours and still in the 40s, playing at high volume. I actually haven't hit a "low battery" warning with them at all yet.
  2. Still hate the touch controls. In particular the volume change.
  3. I think my brain has "adjusted" to the frequency curve because they sound a lot more detailed than I felt at first. Brain burn-in is a thing, kiddos.
  4. Yeah I'm ignoring the battery reports in the app. I had one earbud listed at 100% and the other at 62% then an hour went by and the two were now at 75% and 59%. I do not at all think the app is good at reading the individual earpieces.
  5. Microphone suuuuucks. I've had a few people say I sound like I'm talking through a desk fan with it.
  6. App sucks, too. The EQ is worthless because there's like this weird threshold to the adjustments. I want to give it a little nudge but if I don't go far enough it just pops back to default. No big deal, I'm not EQ'ing them anyway. No need.
  7. In relation to #3, MW07 still wins on separation and space rather handily, and I'd definitely say the MW07 will win for anyone who listens to more "delicate" music. For metal and hip-hop, the thicker sound of the MTW is starting to win me over.
  8. Now I'm wanting the HD1 or whatever the next Senn over-ear wireless is...

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #4,768 of 62,435
Got the Mifo O5 (non-pro version), Funcl Al and Edifier W2 this week.

Mifo O5 case looks so premium. Quite heavy in the pocket tho. The earphones are comfy to wear and I get a really good seal with them. They sound boring and a bit congested. The button layout is stupid.

Funcl Al has aptx and sound better than the Mifo. They look silly to wear.

Edifier are massive. They stick out a lot. Look like Frankenstein's bolts sticking out of your ears. They are bass heavy.

Getting the MTW in the mail tomorrow or Monday. So probably all 3 and my other TWS won't get much used.

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #4,769 of 62,435
I'm on the same quest. I'm using Spinfits CP100 on the MW07 and they are close but not perfect. I also ordered the Symbio, I'm still waiting for these.
I feel like putting the MW07 in my ear and using that expanding foam and covering my whole ear with it.
I’ve got to the same point as you, small CP100’s seem to be doing the best job so far but fancy one last punt on cp145. I must have some skinny arkward ear canals. No luck with symbio N or cp100z for me

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #4,770 of 62,435
Further observations for the Senn MTW:
  1. Passed the gym test with flying colors. 2 hours and still in the 40s, playing at high volume. I actually haven't hit a "low battery" warning with them at all yet.
  2. Still hate the touch controls. In particular the volume change.
  3. I think my brain has "adjusted" to the frequency curve because they sound a lot more detailed than I felt at first. Brain burn-in is a thing, kiddos.
  4. Yeah I'm ignoring the battery reports in the app. I had one earbud listed at 100% and the other at 62% then an hour went by and the two were now at 75% and 59%. I do not at all think the app is good at reading the individual earpieces.
  5. Microphone suuuuucks. I've had a few people say I sound like I'm talking through a desk fan with it.
  6. App sucks, too. The EQ is worthless because there's like this weird threshold to the adjustments. I want to give it a little nudge but if I don't go far enough it just pops back to default. No big deal, I'm not EQ'ing them anyway. No need.
  7. In relation to #3, MW07 still wins on separation and space rather handily, and I'd definitely say the MW07 will win for anyone who listens to more "delicate" music. For metal and hip-hop, the thicker sound of the MTW is starting to win me over.
  8. Now I'm wanting the HD1 or whatever the next Senn over-ear wireless is...
They are great (Senns)once you adjust to them.
I have the Sennheiser PXC550 and absolutely love the sound of them as well. They are extremely comfortable for my big head and don't get hot, they also have 30 hours battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back