Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #4,771 of 62,453
es5sm2zkn9b21.jpg

So the Earin M2 has a power button..... I swear I must have activated it by mistake.

It's touch but works well - for those rare disconnection moments instead of putting them back in the case handy to just turn on and off again.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #4,772 of 62,453
Completely random thought: portable audio technology has come a surprisingly long way in less than a decade. I was absolutely shocked at the improvement in sound quality when flipping back and forth between my old Sennheiser IE8i IEMs and my Momentum True Wireless buds. The difference in clarity and transparency is literally several leagues better, all the more amazing considering the MSRP of the MTW is lower than that of my IE8i by a vast margin, and on top of the sound transducers, also have integrated microphones, microchips, radios, batteries and amplifiers. It is really mind-blowing, to be honest. Then even comparing against my Westone 4, while the clarity and transparency are equal, the bass extension is completely no comparison. Bass drums have zero authority on my Westone 4 versus their clear and obvious presence on the MTW. So much more air at the top end, too. We have sure come a long, long way in less than a decade in the portable audio space!

-Ed

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #4,773 of 62,453
Further impressions in at sports. I was probably a little hasty yesterday. I’ve been using MW07 and mTw and LCD2c at work so my ears have been spoiled. After a full gym session I would rate the sq above average. They are musical and a bit warm. I agree the bass is a little loose but it’s not ridiculous like Sony. Treble definitely rolled off. They don’t get super loud for those who care about that.

On the bright side isolation and fit maybe the best I’ve tried. These things lock in and do not so much as move a mm. Isolation is superb for passive noise.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #4,774 of 62,453
Completely random thought: portable audio technology has come a surprisingly long way in less than a decade. I was absolutely shocked at the improvement in sound quality when flipping back and forth between my old Sennheiser IE8i IEMs and my Momentum True Wireless buds. The difference in clarity and transparency is literally several leagues better, all the more amazing considering the MSRP of the MTW is lower than that of my IE8i by a vast margin, and on top of the sound transducers, also have integrated microphones, microchips, radios, batteries and amplifiers. It is really mind-blowing, to be honest. Then even comparing against my Westone 4, while the clarity and transparency are equal, the bass extension is completely no comparison. Bass drums have zero authority on my Westone 4 versus their clear and obvious presence on the MTW. So much more air at the top end, too. We have sure come a long, long way in less than a decade in the portable audio space!

-Ed

Remember when the Parrot Zik was the "premium" bluetooth headset out there? It's pretty amazing how far we've come.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #4,775 of 62,453
Sounds like you may have a faulty case

Hi - long time lurker of this thread. I have been using the M2's since September and I am on my third case. The first two stopped holding a charge completely, only worked while plugged in. They had no issues replacing them for me. May be worth putting a ticket with support.

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #4,776 of 62,453
That's definitely wild to me. I wonder if you're having fit issues with the MTW, because with a good seal on both the MTW's treble is definitely softer. Or maybe their respective peaks/valleys are just showing how our hearing is different! Either way, both are stunning products, and I admit I'm prooooobably gonna keep the MTW...
LOL! This is like The Bachelor, but with TWEs. What's the next episode have in store?!

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #4,777 of 62,453
and I admit I'm prooooobably gonna keep the MTW...

what happened to the "i can only keep one" ? :beyersmile:
i reckon if it changed your mind then the MTW is good. i haven't got a chance to try them yet

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #4,778 of 62,453
I’ve got to the same point as you, small CP100’s seem to be doing the best job so far but fancy one last punt on cp145. I must have some skinny arkward ear canals. No luck with symbio N or cp100z for me

I have had really good results with the Sony Triple Comforts.

They're a blend of foam and silicon, it's the comfort of foam with the ease of use of silicon. They also seem to be pretty durable (not as much as silicon, but stronger than foam)

The only place I could find them was on eBay from Japan, seller called akihibarashopping did the best deal.

I use two different sizes in each ear so it was rather pricy, put you get 2 pairs of a single size for 15-16 euro

Jan 31, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #4,779 of 62,453
es5sm2zkn9b21.jpg

So the Earin M2 has a power button..... I swear I must have activated it by mistake.

It's touch but works well - for those rare disconnection moments instead of putting them back in the case handy to just turn on and off again.

Power button ???
I’ve just got an orange led light.

Jan 31, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #4,780 of 62,453
Further impressions in at sports. I was probably a little hasty yesterday. I’ve been using MW07 and mTw and LCD2c at work so my ears have been spoiled. After a full gym session I would rate the sq above average. They are musical and a bit warm. I agree the bass is a little loose but it’s not ridiculous like Sony. Treble definitely rolled off. They don’t get super loud for those who care about that.

On the bright side isolation and fit maybe the best I’ve tried. These things lock in and do not so much as move a mm. Isolation is superb for passive noise.

Totally agree that these things are like leaches deeply embedded in flesh once they're in. I thought it was a bizarre design at first but the hooks at the top that go into the fossa do a really good job of keeping them firmly in place. While I really don't care about looks but these things really are goofy looking - not quite Frankenstein bolts but not a stretch to describe them that way either. Curious about your comment about loose bass for Sony - which model? Reason I ask is I feel the WI-1000X is absolutely solid in this regard (no flab at all). As for volume, are you on Android? If so, have you independently adjusted the volume to max? Also any issues with the hear-through turning on by themselves? My set is still having issue in this regard. Will just randomly turn on or off on its own.

The app is interesting in that it allows you to swap the controls between left and right buds but no EQ app.

Jan 31, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #4,781 of 62,453
Totally agree that these things are like leaches deeply embedded in flesh once they're in. I thought it was a bizarre design at first but the hooks at the top that go into the fossa do a really good job of keeping them firmly in place. While I really don't care about looks but these things really are goofy looking - not quite Frankenstein bolts but not a stretch to describe them that way either. Curious about your comment about loose bass for Sony - which model? Reason I ask is I feel the WI-1000X is absolutely solid in this regard (no flab at all). As for volume, are you on Android? If so, have you independently adjusted the volume to max? Also any issues with the hear-through turning on by themselves? My set is still having issue in this regard. Will just randomly turn on or off on its own.

The app is interesting in that it allows you to swap the controls between left and right buds but no EQ app.
Using iOS. I did not independently raise the volume too max. Plenty loud for me. As for the bass, my reference was to the sp700n. I had to use those on bright to tone down the bass. I give AT a B for sq and an A for design and fit. I didn’t think they looked too bad once in the ears. Worse than MW07 but no worse than MTW.

Real issue is not sure I would ever grab these over MTW over MW07. I guess for heavy sweat probably.

It’s a good time to be into headphones for sure. Embarrassment of riches.

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #4,782 of 62,453
Just got the Nuarl NT01AX....OMG, my mind is blown away by them at the moment. They look absolutely stunning and sound. They remind me of my of my ER4XR, it's hard to believe that they are wireless...tons of details, a realistic soundstage, and a bass slightly above pure neutral. Listening to live albums now to test them properly, and you can hear the reverb in the halls they are playing. Excellent separation between the singers and the instruments. Everything sounds beautiful and realistic.

That said, the box they came in can go to hell. They were fixed to thin cardboard, and I accidentally ripped them out, and I am being paranoid about damaging the nozzle cosmetically. I shouldn't worry about that, since it is not much worse than pulling off a tight eartip, is it?! The carrying box is also meh. It has a small button that opens a latch and feels kind of cheap. The button is super hard to push with long-ish nails too. that being said it is small. If you have any questions ask me. I will probably get a better review up after playing with for a while.

Edit: Can't stop listening...Nuarl motto is natural and neutral, HDSS is a certification that the sound has as little coloring as possible. That is my preffered sound sig, so keep that in mind, but based on first few hours I like the sound of these even more than the MW07s I demo-ed a few weeks ago...amazing high mids and highs, great bass when called for (Killshot bass drop sounded amazing), and very nice detailed mids. The interface is clunky so far (not used to it), but I love the sound coming out of this tiny driver!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #4,785 of 62,453
Just got the Nuarl NT01AX....OMG, my mind is blown away by them at the moment. They look absolutely stunning and sound. They remind me of my of my ER4XR, it's hard to believe that they are wireless...tons of details, a realistic soundstage, and a bass slightly above pure neutral. Listening to live albums now to test them properly, and you can hear the reverb in the halls they are playing. Excellent separation between the singers and the instruments. Everything sounds beautiful and realistic.

That said, the box they came in can go to hell. They were fixed to thin cardboard, and I accidentally ripped them out, and I am being paranoid about damaging the nozzle cosmetically. I shouldn't worry about that, since it is not much worse than pulling off a tight eartip, is it?! The carrying box is also meh. It has a small button that opens a latch and feels kind of cheap. The button is super hard to push with long-ish nails too. that being said it is small. If you have any questions ask me. I will probably get a better review up after playing with for a while.

Edit: Can't stop listening...Nuarl motto is natural and neutral, HDSS is a certification that the sound has as little coloring as possible. That is my preffered sound sig, so keep that in mind, but based on first few hours I like the sound of these even more than the MW07s I demo-ed a few weeks ago...amazing high mids and highs, great bass when called for (Killshot bass drop sounded amazing), and very nice detailed mids. The interface is clunky so far (not used to it), but I love the sound coming out of this tiny driver!

interesting, as i love the ety sound too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back