Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #4,666 of 62,436
Not even out yet and aliexpress is already copying it :p

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...-for-Shure-SE215-SE535-SE846/32957895723.html

I kind of feel like we need to see the case though. I feel like the charging case and having a convenient place to put the buds is what makes the magic of TWEs. If they just charge via a USB-C cable like a neckband bluetooth cable, I won't be very interested.

Yes, I have those on aliexpress and work quite good...

I agree with you concerning the case but the Fostex claim to have many power for keeping it all day, so without the real need to have a case except for protecting them. The one on Aliexpress last for only 4 hours.

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #4,667 of 62,436
Ha! Likewise buddy, likewise. TBH, not really all that impressed by the MW07's in consideration of the price. Been pleasantly surprised though by a bunch of the Chi-Fi unit's I've tested with the Romeo 07R's and Mpow T5's coming to about 75-80% of the SQ but only for 20% of the price. A shame they both have connectivity issues though (the T5 much worse than the 07R). The MW07's while really good sounding have a spike around 6K range that really grates on my ears on certain tracks and gives certain vocals a slight metallic tinge to it (FWIW, I'm treble sensitive but more of the Beyer variety despite owning a DT1990, this spike is lower).

As for Raycon, guess they're equal opportunity stalker but I didn't take the bait... lol Do have my eyes on a few other Chi-Fi units but need to clear my queue first. ;o)
Try resetting the t5's and repairing. My connection issues seem to have abated.

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #4,668 of 62,436
Yes, I have those on aliexpress and work quite good...

I agree with you concerning the case but the Fostex claim to have many power for keeping it all day, so without the real need to have a case except for protecting them. The one on Aliexpress last for only 4 hours.

The real nice thing about the case though is that I have a super convenient place to put them.
Usually I listen to music on my commute, put things away when I get to where I want to be, and put them back on on the commute home.
The case makes everything very elegant and sexy. No rolling up cables or shoving something in a case that is larger than it has to be. The case is usually hard and does a great job protecting the insides.
Of course, that would be difficult if you can use any earphone you like.

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #4,670 of 62,436
Jan 29, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #4,672 of 62,436
I currently have the bose soundsport and have been very happy with them, I'm curious if the MW07 have similar sound quality. I found the soundsport to have fantastic sq for the price.

The MW07 is a significant sound upgrade from the Bose, and I think the Bose are fantastic.

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #4,673 of 62,436
Nice pics! Maybe it is a grey terrazzo thing.

BTW, your grey terrazzo part seems a lot more “complicated” than mine. A little jealous, honestly. But the fact that they are so different really accentuates the whole “hand made” thing.

No two pairs look the same, which is great! I went with the tortoise shell personally as I thought the grey terrazzo looked a bit too 'army camo' for me lol

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #4,675 of 62,436
I think the MW07 sound better than the Bose in every single way possible, but to be honest, I've never been keen on the Bose sound.

I can understand that. Personally I liked the Bose sound a bunch, especially for in the gym.

Really all that's left is the damn MTW. Guess I gotta...

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #4,676 of 62,436
@turbobb hey mate does your pair of Romeo 07R have any background hiss?

Mine so bad I can hear it when music playing. I never returned any earphones before. Thinking this has to be the first.

They are comfy tho
Nope, mine are dead silent. Agreed on the comfort given their light weight but I'm using SpinFit CP350 tips. Really great SQ and airy sounding but poor button placement; would've been much better on the rear towards the back of the earbud where it's wider so I can easily grasp with three fingers easily. Current placement applies pressure on the eartips and messes with the seal thus necessitating the three finger grab but it forces the wrist into an awkward angle. I've also seen other manufacturers with this style including the expensive Japanese brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back