Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #4,291 of 62,424
WOW! Just received my MW07 and I much prefer the sound to my E8 that I've been using for commuting the past year or so.
Glad you're enjoying them! They are the consensus best sounding TWE currently on the market. No nonsense TWEs. Wireless, great sound, no fuss controls, and fabulous looks. The only issue is battery life may be shorter than quoted if you listen loud. Under 50% volume, you'll probably get around 3 hours or so.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #4,292 of 62,424
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #4,293 of 62,424
isn't the QC20 and 30 closed seal iem style? when i refer to earbuds, it's always the open sounding/non isolating ones like earpods (like the ones on the "Earbuds Round-Up" thread here on headfi.

the Sony WI1000X is also worth considering

No the QC20 and QC30 are an open design which makes them easy/pleasant to wear but they offer no passive isolation. I looked up the WI1000X and they do seem to have decent passive isolation (possibly like the WF-1000x) so it would be interesting to get some feedback from people who've actually used it.

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #4,294 of 62,424
why is it vibrating? is it to tell the battery level? phone call? i can't understand because the description is in the picture, so can't use translation
From the description: Open the case: vibrating once; Close the case: vibrating once; Open the case 3 times: vibrating continuously; Take out the earbuds: vibrating three times; Charge the earbud: vibrating once; Earbud charging complete: vibrating three times; Charge the case: vibrating three times; Case charging complete: vibrating once every 30 seconds, up to 3 times.

Very confusing, indeed. Interesting in the title it says for both men and women. Some Chinese joke about the special use for ladies, considering the cylindrical case and vibration....

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #4,299 of 62,424
Without further ado, the Jabra Elite 65t knockoffs:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K8Q3QWP/

Thinking about buying them! Somebody stop me!

Do it! I wanna see the lightning!

51em66z4yJL._SL1000_.jpg

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #4,301 of 62,424
Anyone that does not like or wants there MW07 I would trade my E8s for them. Just throwing it out there, just PM with any intrests so not to bring this OT.
Can't stop thinking of getting the MW07 back. Still completely happy with the Senns but still thinking of the MW07.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #4,303 of 62,424
But then who'd give us those little mini write up's? Only way to satisfy GAS ia to succumb to it... Lol
Without further ado, the Jabra Elite 65t knockoffs:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K8Q3QWP/

Thinking about buying them! Somebody stop me!

Just do it! (sorry i'm in the enablers camp... lol)

Actually in terms of looks, I think this one is actually closer to the 65t:
https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-Earbuds-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B07L11DK42

Less than 10 mins left for their lightning deal...

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #4,304 of 62,424
Got an a
Bah, just tested it again carefully with the Note 9 and couldn't get it to connect to both. While I am able to pair each one individually, as soon as I turn back on the L, it'll ask for the R to pair again (even though it's paired already). If I don't pair it then it removes it from the list and it won't connect to L. So either/or:
- Qualcomm misstated TWS+ support on the QCC3020/6 spec sheet
- Mfg using these chips didn't enable it

I'm hoping it's more the later and that perhaps it can be enabled via FW update. I'm in negotiations with the seller to return these. It looks like they removed a bunch of positive review (was around 25 total last I checked and now it's down to 9) but a recent one said they replaced it due to connectivity issues and that resolve the problem. Am hoping for the same... Will report back.

In meanwhile I grabbed another with QCC3001 support, no aptX but has AAC.

Got a reply from qualcomm, and 3026 should have stereo plus but it is up to device manufacturer. Have no pie phone (845) to test it on

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #4,305 of 62,424
@mikp - thx for update, so I guess sadly these ChiFi mfr's are not enabling it... I just got the Romeo 07R w/QCC3001, only has AAC but sadly suffers from random dropouts too but not as bad as the QC3026 in the Mpow. The other BT5 ChiFi's have been pretty darn good connectivity wise. Current fav's remain the Aermoo B3 and the Taotronics TT-BH052.

Attached pics show some of the ChiFi units I've been testing (Bose SSF and AirPods as refernce for size | not shown: Etoli BS205FI, Taotronics TT-BH052, Romeo 07R).
NZ6_7128.jpg NZ6_7130.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back