Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #4,321 of 62,452
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #4,323 of 62,452
@alchemical - thx! Was hoping to hear something like that as I did read subsequent updates improved the connection issues. Might just take a chance on these RT's...

@DynamicEars - based on personal experience and under $50, my recommendations would be:
- Eancrys BLACK (yeah that's the name...) w/BT5 and IPX7. These are amazing sounding with good range for $20.99, a HUGE caveat is that the stalks are really short and I can't quite get the left ear to fit perfectly. I'm looking for those extended double-flange tips to see if that solves the issue. But again, of what I can hear, the SQ is really really good for the price.
- Aermoo B3 (there are also other ChiFi units using the same style earpieces) for $39.99. It also has BT5 and IPX7. Has great range with deep impactful bass (but of course, if that's not your thing then the Eancrys might be better choice).

Both only feature SBC but a pretty decent implementation of it if only very slightly grainy.
Looking at the pics at Amazon site for Aermoo B3, they appear to work for swimming as well. I'm wondering if you've tried them for swimming. If that's the case, I'm very tempted to get a pair.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #4,324 of 62,452
@WessenTony - not for swimming but have used multiple times in the shower without any issues. While the range is excellent (for TWEs that is...) main problem would be the water cutting the range drastically. What might work is if you were willing to invest in a Class1 BT5 Tx (usually under $50) that is battery powered (have a seen a few on Amazon that support all the aptX codecs too) then you can either relay via BT from your source or just aux in (via source headphone jack) to the Tx. I'd imagine this setup __should__ work for swimming. While BT5 range is impressive thus far from the new devices I've tested, Class 1 range is truly impressive - pair these two and most people should be able to walk around the average house (provided it's not a giant mansion :wink: and barring heavy RF interference) without any drop outs.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #4,325 of 62,452
@WessenTony - not for swimming but have used multiple times in the shower without any issues. While the range is excellent (for TWEs that is...) main problem would be the water cutting the range drastically. What might work is if you were willing to invest in a Class1 BT5 Tx (usually under $50) that is battery powered (have a seen a few on Amazon that support all the aptX codecs too) then you can either relay via BT from your source or just aux in (via source headphone jack) to the Tx. I'd imagine this setup __should__ work for swimming. While BT5 range is impressive thus far from the new devices I've tested, Class 1 range is truly impressive - pair these two and most people should be able to walk around the average house (provided it's not a giant mansion :wink: and barring heavy RF interference) without any drop outs.
OK, good. Thanks for the tips.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #4,328 of 62,452
For $700, I'll be getting some Mr. Speakers Aeon Flows before LV badged MW07 that are regularly available on ebay for sub 200. I must ashamedly admit that I succumbed to the LV pressure at Xmas because my wife desperately wanted a purse.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #4,330 of 62,452
I will buy these if they support AAC. Any info on that?
Not sure yet, I've been scouring the net for more info but haven't turned up anything other than the product listings on Amazon. However, if their SBC implementation hasn't changed then I wouldn't be concerned as they really have one of the best SBC implementations I've heard, of course, latency would be a different matter...

With SBC I think mfr's toe the line between dedicating bandwidth for SQ (higher bit rates) or connection range. I think most tend to err on the latter as for the typical consumers, dropped connections would be much more noticeable vs. graininess that head-fi members would easily pick up. In general I've found that SBC implementations continue to vary a bit based on the ChiFi units I've tested recently but those with AAC and aptX are much more consistent (as in no discernible difference between different mfr's) thus for me personally it's always more desirable to find units with those codecs. Of course @SomeGuyDude does have a valid point that all the best codecs in the world wouldn't matter if the drivers & tuning sound like crud but for me, it's one variable to eliminate. Despite that, I've been taking chances with the lower end models with SBC only. However, for something pricier, I'd want to have better codecs unless I've had prior experience with their models (like with the Jaybird's) or someone vouching the SBC implementation is good.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #4,332 of 62,452
@BigZ12 - sigh... G.A.S. is bad, I'd imagine there'd be news forthcoming ahead of official release, else I'll let you know re:codecs when I get them. :o2smile:

EDIT: Chatted w/support and while they confirmed no aptX support, they weren't sure about AAC. They only mentioned all their products use "the latest SBC...". Guess we'll have to wait.

Slightly OT: it wasn't until I saw the support chat window closing that I saw the URL redirected to Logitech.com temporarily, forgot that they had purchased Jaybird. Wondering if Logitech will get into TWE's. I have one of their old Japan domestic BT earbuds w/aptX that was pretty decent if a little funky.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #4,334 of 62,452
Thanks for the info. I mentioned this earlier, but I bought these off ebay, and from another member's post (think it actually may have been one of your posts) M&D will not warranty/exchange earbuds that were bought from ebay. So if I was to do anything about the hiss, I would need to return them to the seller and ask for a different pair etc. The hiss doesn't really bother me that much, plus I don't even hear it while listening to music, so I may just keep them.

The Jabra's though, those were bought from amazon, and I have till the end of January to return/exchange them. So wondering if I should try my luck and do an exchange for a different pair.
Close all apps running on your phone. THEN, I'd try to place them back in the case for 10 seconds (lid closed) and take them back out. When they auto re-pair don't run any apps and see if you notice the hiss.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #4,335 of 62,452
Just wanted to say, the bass response from momentum true wireless is better (most notably bigger) than my hd600. Gotta love technology
I'm pretty sure the bass on most things are bigger than the HD 600. :L3000:
LOL! I knew it was going to cost more!

These people are seriosuly losing credibility, especially when they say things like this:
"In his review, my colleague Stefan Etienne noted that the MW07s were comfortable and sounded good, but they simply weren’t worth the $299 price tag since there are so many cheaper options out there already, like the $159 AirPods".

WOW, really?! So the same typical buyer looking at the MW07, for sound mind you, is going to be like, "Hey, let me take a look at that ass-crack sound from the AirPods! YES!". What a tool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back