Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #4,111 of 62,422
The JBL Reflect Flow seems like the most promising showing at CES, although they're not exactly pretty to look at.

I also have to agree with everyone that voiced their dislike of the Klipsch logo. I much prefer logo symbols if they have to be plastered on, and the giant gold letters look gaudy as hell.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #4,112 of 62,422
Sorry for the off topic. It seems 1More is also releasing a true wireless IEM as well: http://www.52audio.com/archives/13549.html

It seems to be using the QCC5100 series chipset, but it does mention it supports AAC and aptxHD as well. It also has ANC similar to that of the Sony WF-1000X. Battery life says 10 hours per charge and the charging case supports Qi wireless charging. And lastly, its a hybrid dual driver setup, one BA and one dynamic driver. Unfortunately, it will be crowdfunded on Indiegogo...
these seem really promising! i mean, i prob won't back the campaign cos they seem to be promising a little too much, but i really hope they manage to deliver

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #4,113 of 62,422
Sure, the T5 logo can be a little more subtle, but the charging case is damn sexy. I hope it's made of metal like the Zippo lighters. Having owned a few BT Klipsch products, I'm looking forward to the T5 release. Based of what I've owned and read, $199 is priced right.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #4,115 of 62,422
That link was posted last week and it looks like a teardown to me ?

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #4,117 of 62,422
More on the M2 -

No delay whatsoever playing my switch with a USB aptX LL bluetooth dongle. MTW has a tiny bit of delay, most others (Bose, Jabra, IconX, Liberty Lite) had massive delay to the point they were unusable. Only ones without delay so far are M2, E8, and the cheapie Aukey corded bluetooth buds I bought on Amazon for $15. Not sure if that means the others don't support aptX LL and these 3 do, or not.

No delay on Youtube or HBOGo. Again, there is a minimal delay with MTW, although so slight as to be really unnoticeable except in extreme closeups. E8 had no delay either.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #4,118 of 62,422
More on the M2 -

No delay whatsoever playing my switch with a USB aptX LL bluetooth dongle. MTW has a tiny bit of delay, most others (Bose, Jabra, IconX, Liberty Lite) had massive delay to the point they were unusable. Only ones without delay so far are M2, E8, and the cheapie Aukey corded bluetooth buds I bought on Amazon for $15. Not sure if that means the others don't support aptX LL and these 3 do, or not.

No delay on Youtube or HBOGo. Again, there is a minimal delay with MTW, although so slight as to be really unnoticeable except in extreme closeups. E8 had no delay either.

I have no delay on the M2 or E8 (or the Havit G1) from an iPhone which is aac

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #4,119 of 62,422
You could not pay me to put those klipsch in my ear with that branding. My god what a marketing disaster. I don’t care what they sound like. What were they thinking!
Not the best looking, but I did enjoy listening to the Klipsch R6 Neckband, which looks horrible and is probably why it's down to $39 on buydig.com, but they sound really good and have great battery life. I never had any of the issues you read about online, but then again, I baby my stuff and take excellent care of it.

I'd roll with the new Klipsch TWEs. Yes, looks kinda silly, but if the sound is good, I'm in my own world anyway. Now, if they're pink, gotta be honest, I would not roll with 'em.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #4,120 of 62,422
The JBL Reflect Flow seems like the most promising showing at CES, although they're not exactly pretty to look at.

I also have to agree with everyone that voiced their dislike of the Klipsch logo. I much prefer logo symbols if they have to be plastered on, and the giant gold letters look gaudy as hell.
They look pretty nice, but it seems like JBL is still just using SBC.

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #4,123 of 62,422
I was browsing Massdrop today and saw these...

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tfz-x1-bluetooth-iem

TFZ got a good name for itself in the chi-fi thread a while ago with their Kings and tend to have a spot open for them at my local brick-and-mortar shop too. They seem to be using balanced armatures, and are really cheap. No mention of what codecs they use though....has anyone tried them?

Edit: Digging a little more, someone reported they use AAC and SBC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back