Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 10, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #4,081 of 62,258
So I can only get the app to work when both the IEMs are in the case - the only time I can connect both to the phone. The IEMs themselves work fine, but if I want to use transparency mode or balance I have to put them in the case, open the app, then remove them from the case with the app running.

I don't have this issue on android (s8+). The app always connects to the M2's. Maybe try reinstalling the app, disconnecting the earphones and pairing them to your phone individually one by one again?

My phone only connected to the Sennheiser MTW app 10% of the time, had to restart headphones/phone several times.

OK, M

7. Sound. Well, what can I say? I really liked the Earins for the 2+ hours straight I just listened to them. I got into them and was really enjoying the sound. Then I put in the MTWs and it was like night and day - like someone removed a piece of tape from the speaker. The MTW is better in every way I can thing of - clearer, more detailed, more separation, wider soundstage, better highs, better mids, tighter bass, better everything. It was amazing all over again like it was when I put them in the first time. Now the Earins sound cheap and muddy.

So that's my $0.02.

I didn't notice a difference that great - maybe aptX vs aac has a large effect on the M2's performance? I do miss the clarity of the MTW, but not the comfort or the case.

I sort of wish I bought the white M2's now. They're so convenient to carry around everywhere even shopping, it would be easier if others could see there was something earin

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #4,082 of 62,258
spinfit 100 tips were really a tight fit with the earin m2, with no real discernible difference in sound, so I stuck to the comply tips. Pairing was actually not very difficult, took me all of 2 minutes to do. The app leaves much to be desired tho.

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #4,086 of 62,258
Ah mine are on the way from the US, but do they still fit and charge in the case? I find silicon more comfortable vs comply.

They will fit in the case and charge, I just find it a tight nuisance to put back in compared with the comply, which just drop in. With the spinfit you have to squeeze them in a bit, but they still charge and fit mostly fine

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #4,087 of 62,258
Ah mine are on the way from the US, but do they still fit and charge in the case? I find silicon more comfortable vs comply.

I use large Spinfit cp100 with the M2 and they do fit in the case but you have to fiddle a bit to get the buds properly settled

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #4,088 of 62,258
...I think the 3026 is basic tws then. ... I will also be getting a set with 5100 series with apt-x hd, just waiting for something to be launched.

Re: 3026 - I'm beginning to think so as well... :frowning2: As for 5100 that makes the two of us, except in my case, I need to get something with an 855 first.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #4,091 of 62,258
Re: 3026 - I'm beginning to think so as well... :frowning2: As for 5100 that makes the two of us, except in my case, I need to get something with an 855 first.

Not too bad anyways, on hiby r3 both l and right can can be connected as master, depends on what bud is taken out first of the case or connects first. Also seems to switch between l and r.
Would not mind another mavin set with apt-x hd and anc. Since the buds easily takes some aliexpress t400 foam tips and the small case has no problems with them.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #4,092 of 62,258
I use large Spinfit cp100 with the M2 and they do fit in the case but you have to fiddle a bit to get the buds properly settled

i use short length wide bore tips on mine. initially i use JVC spiral dot, but (like spinfits) it also making it hard to put inside the case.

Jan 10, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #4,093 of 62,258
Sorry for the off topic. It seems 1More is also releasing a true wireless IEM as well: http://www.52audio.com/archives/13549.html

It seems to be using the QCC5100 series chipset, but it does mention it supports AAC and aptxHD as well. It also has ANC similar to that of the Sony WF-1000X. Battery life says 10 hours per charge and the charging case supports Qi wireless charging. And lastly, its a hybrid dual driver setup, one BA and one dynamic driver. Unfortunately, it will be crowdfunded on Indiegogo...
8.png 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.png 4.png 3.png 2.jpg 1.jpg

Jan 10, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #4,094 of 62,258
Sorry for the off topic. It seems 1More is also releasing a true wireless IEM as well: http://www.52audio.com/archives/13549.html

It seems to be using the QCC5100 series chipset, but it does mention it supports AAC and aptxHD as well. It also has ANC similar to that of the Sony WF-1000X. Battery life says 10 hours per charge and the charging case supports Qi wireless charging. And lastly, its a hybrid dual driver setup, one BA and one dynamic driver. Unfortunately, it will be crowdfunded on Indiegogo...
Interesting. Seems different and far more compelling than the one they released last month.

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #4,095 of 62,258
I don't have this issue on android (s8+). The app always connects to the M2's. Maybe try reinstalling the app, disconnecting the earphones and pairing them to your phone individually one by one again?

My phone only connected to the Sennheiser MTW app 10% of the time, had to restart headphones/phone several times.

I didn't notice a difference that great - maybe aptX vs aac has a large effect on the M2's performance? I do miss the clarity of the MTW, but not the comfort or the case.

I sort of wish I bought the white M2's now. They're so convenient to carry around everywhere even shopping, it would be easier if others could see there was something earin

I tried reinstalling both the app and the M2s several times. Same deal. Sent their support an email about it but I don't really know what they can say other than that.

Agreed on the issues with the case and I can totally see how they would be uncomfortable - they're nowhere near as comfortable as the M2. But the MTW sound is just dramatically better on my Iphone.

I just switched out the M2's complys for Spinfits (100z) and it helped the sound. Still not near MTW, but less bloated and muddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back