Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #3,961 of 63,207
One odd thing with the Earin M2. When the battery reaches about 50% I get 2 beeps and playback stops and when I turn music on again the volume has been reduced. This has happened every time I have used them (6 times now). Other than this no problems what so ever. Anybody else get this ?
Yep it happened in my M2 as well after 1.5hr use. I noticed that they switch the master earbud automatically to the other side. I can tell it since the led light on master earbud keeps flashing. Also the codec changes back to AAC. The volume does not change, though. Maybe you changed the balance in the app?

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #3,963 of 63,207
Yep it happened in my M2 as well after 1.5hr use. I noticed that they switch the master earbud automatically to the other side. I can tell it since the led light on master earbud keeps flashing. Also the codec changes back to AAC. The volume does not change, though. Maybe you changed the balance in the app?

I don't use the app at all, have not started it since I upgraded fw last week. Volume goes down 2 or 3 steps, and yes I've also noted that they swap master/slave when it happens. As I'm on an iPhone I'm always on aac

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #3,964 of 63,207
Got them working. What a PIA that was. Only started working after I get them connected to the app. No rhyme or reason as to why the suddenly started working. Is this the process you need to go through to have multiple devices?

Yes the pairing is strange and not clearly described in the manual. You need to take only one bud out of the case and pair it, put it back in the case and take the other bud out and pair it and put it back in the case. Then they are fully and correctly paired. After that the first bud you take out becomes master and the second slave or you can just use the first bud alone in mono

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,966 of 63,207
I just received Havit G1 yesterday after 6-week shipment from Aliexpress. Don't have time to test them yet, but the manual states that they'll automatically shut down after 3mins without playing. So if you set the sleep timer in you phone, is that possible to shut down G1 automatically?

Yes I do the nap with Sabbat X12 pro on after the lunch. They're very comfortable and like G1, they shut down automatically.
hmm my G1s definitely don't shut down even when i'm not playing music. Pretty sure I've left them alone for an hour and they're still on. Maybe if the bluetooth is unconnected they'll shut down tho?

I'm curious as to how you'd compare the X12 and G1's sound too, after you've had time to listen to the G1!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #3,967 of 63,207

I see. That is definitely not clear from the manual. The manual skips the part about putting the first one back in before pairing the second. I pulled one out - paired it and then pulled the second one out and paired it. Probably why I was getting mono sound. If that's the trick, that's an easy fix.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #3,968 of 63,207
Is there any way to set the default to Aptx?
MW07s do not have this issue. So I guess this is caused by both sides.
You may need to enable developer options, and change it in the bluetooth settings there. For me, they're different for each individual bluetooth connection, which is ridiculous.

My MW07 defaulted to SBC, but after swapping it to aptX it's consistently aptX. I tried AAC but didn't really hear much of a difference, and it would often default back to aptX for some reason.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #3,969 of 63,207
So glad i came across this discussion while i was researching True wireless.

Just a quick question if someone has some advice. I'm looking to get true wirelss headphones but i need the audio pass through/ambient noise feature. I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible and seems like the Jabra 65T might fit the the bill. Anything else to consider thats cheaper or similiar price point? I can get the jabra for $135 Canadian.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #3,971 of 63,207
hmm my G1s definitely don't shut down even when i'm not playing music. Pretty sure I've left them alone for an hour and they're still on. Maybe if the bluetooth is unconnected they'll shut down tho?

I'm curious as to how you'd compare the X12 and G1's sound too, after you've had time to listen to the G1!
To my ear X12 sound more clear and refined, but less bass. G1 is a little grainy. I prefer X12 pro generally, but G1 may be more suitable for gym use due to the powered bass and sound isolation. X12 pro also shuts down automatically, though I hope that the standby time can be a little longer.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #3,972 of 63,207
You may need to enable developer options, and change it in the bluetooth settings there. For me, they're different for each individual bluetooth connection, which is ridiculous.

My MW07 defaulted to SBC, but after swapping it to aptX it's consistently aptX. I tried AAC but didn't really hear much of a difference, and it would often default back to aptX for some reason.
I do enable the developer options, but nowhere I can find a way to re-set the default codec. Every time it goes back to AAC, unless the earphone supports Aptx-HD.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #3,973 of 63,207
Do I have to update each bud separately? How do I go about switching them to update?

Yes you have to do them individually. Start the process in the app, take one out and update it, when update is finished put it back and take the other out and update. The on screen promots explain fairly well. Takes about 30 minutes per bud

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #3,974 of 63,207
Yes you have to do them individually. Start the process in the app, take one out and update it, when update is finished put it back and take the other out and update. The on screen promots explain fairly well. Takes about 30 minutes per bud

Reminds of updating bragi dash years ago. Hence, further evidence the M2 is 2+ year old tech. Jabra can knock out an update in 5 minutes.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #3,975 of 63,207
I do enable the developer options, but nowhere I can find a way to re-set the default codec. Every time it goes back to AAC, unless the earphone supports Aptx-HD.

Same issue on my lg g7. With headphones that support aptx,aac and sbc it always defaults to aac. With headphones that only support aptx and sbc it defaults to aptx. With ldac headphones it defaults to ldac, so phone sets aac over aptx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back