Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 2, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #3,601 of 62,258
I'm getting myself a Microsoft Surface headphone from the holiday sale. Seems like something no one from Head-fi will bat an eye of though... lol

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #3,602 of 62,258
I can second the V-moda Crossfade 2 Wireless. I have the Rose Gold version that came out in 2017 (the one with the aptx codec support). They sound great. I'm on a similar set up as you as well. I have the 65t active, the Crossfade 2 wireless, and I'm going to pick up the MW07 as soon as my ebay bucks kick in this month (should be able to pick them up for around 150 once I use my ebay bucks).

MW07/Vmoda is my current combo, I actually just popped the MW07 back in the case to charge and tossed on the VModa. Perfectly seamless transition to my ears, not like a "oh hell I gotta adjust to this now" situation.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #3,603 of 62,258
20190103_071112.jpg

after i sold my Pamu Scroll, i purchased these two : Mifo o5 standard version (dynamic driver) and the newest batch of Sabbat X12 pro, now with battery indicator and usb C.

compared to my old sabbat, this one is slightly bigger case (by a millimeter) and changed LED position. sound prompt still in Chinese and SQ is about the same as the older one.

the Mifo is a nice surprise. really solid and well made. the case is the best i have ever tried. waterproofing is real deal too, as i dunk it on water for a good few minutes, and it works fine immediately usually with waterproofed phones, the speaker would crapped out for a while because of the water until it is dried, this one is not a problem.
sound prompt is in English,and the SQ is good, warm bass and good clarity on mids and treble.
much more mature sound than the Pamu Scroll
i went with the standard version because i had a great deal of price compared to the pro version, about half the price.
now I'm curious about the pro version (or the TFZ X1 which is a rebrand of mifo o5 pro).

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #3,604 of 62,258
I'm getting myself a Microsoft Surface headphone from the holiday sale. Seems like something no one from Head-fi will bat an eye of though... lol

TBH as a Surface owner I was really intrigued by those, but every review I saw seemed to suggest they're more about the tech than the sound so while they're gonna do great for lots of users I think the majority on here will be left a little cold by them. Again, that's without having heard a pair, just going off what reviews seemed to point out.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #3,605 of 62,258
I can second the V-moda Crossfade 2 Wireless. I have the Rose Gold version that came out in 2017 (the one with the aptx codec support). They sound great. I'm on a similar set up as you as well. I have the 65t active, the Crossfade 2 wireless, and I'm going to pick up the MW07 as soon as my ebay bucks kick in this month (should be able to pick them up for around 150 once I use my ebay bucks).

Just a heads up that m&d does not warranty ebay items. For 150 it may be worth the risk but they denied my warranty claim after eBay purchase.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #3,606 of 62,258
MW07/Vmoda is my current combo, I actually just popped the MW07 back in the case to charge and tossed on the VModa. Perfectly seamless transition to my ears, not like a "oh hell I gotta adjust to this now" situation.

Awesome, good to know. What color MW07 do you have? I just checked by ebay bucks and they've been activated, so should be able to pick up a pair of the MW07 for a little over $100 once I use the code. Now to decide on what color!

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #3,608 of 62,258
For those of you who have the MW07, any chance anyone of you could post up a few pics if you have the tortoise shell color? I'm considering either that, or matte black, since those are the two more commonly available versions on ebay.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,609 of 62,258

after i sold my Pamu Scroll, i purchased these two : Mifo o5 standard version (dynamic driver) and the newest batch of Sabbat X12 pro, now with battery indicator and usb C.

compared to my old sabbat, this one is slightly bigger case (by a millimeter) and changed LED position. sound prompt still in Chinese and SQ is about the same as the older one.

the Mifo is a nice surprise. really solid and well made. the case is the best i have ever tried. waterproofing is real deal too, as i dunk it on water for a good few minutes, and it works fine immediately usually with waterproofed phones, the speaker would crapped out for a while because of the water until it is dried, this one is not a problem.
sound prompt is in English,and the SQ is good, warm bass and good clarity on mids and treble.
much more mature sound than the Pamu Scroll
i went with the standard version because i had a great deal of price compared to the pro version, about half the price.
now I'm curious about the pro version (or the TFZ X1 which is a rebrand of mifo o5 pro).
Any reviews on the tfz x1?

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #3,610 of 62,258
Guys, sorry to hijack thread a little....
Absolutely not trying to be a party-pooper but this thread gets enough traffic as is and it would be good to keep it on track so your question might be better served on this long-running thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...ost-your-own-comparisons-here.746519/page-228

Though last post was in November, they've covered pretty much all the latest full-sized BT cans in-depth so there is already a wealth of info that would hopefully help you in your hunt. Also, if you're not adverse to using a BT adapter/amp with existing non-BT cans, there are relevant threads I can point you to as well. Best of luck with the search! :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #3,611 of 62,258
TBH as a Surface owner I was really intrigued by those, but every review I saw seemed to suggest they're more about the tech than the sound so while they're gonna do great for lots of users I think the majority on here will be left a little cold by them. Again, that's without having heard a pair, just going off what reviews seemed to point out.

That's the main reason I get it too. The color just match the Surface. :D Also the reason I choose the gray on CKR7TW, I'm a sucker for those color.

The review seems to be okay, though most seem to rate it lower than the Sony. I'm not really a fan of Sony sound (tried the mk2), so I hope this is more to my liking. That said, I'm really just after the ANC and many seems to agree that it is better than Bose. I tried Bose and I like them... so that's where I came from. :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #3,612 of 62,258
My black Earin M-2 arrived today.

Initial impressions - 4.5/5

Packaging is lovely (magnetic cork cradle).
Build quality is fantastic, far better than the MTW. They have a real premium feel, especially the magnetic metal tube case with an extremely satisfying click.
They're tiny - almost too tiny. Imagine two earbud tips glued together, that's the length! The case easily fits in a pocket.

Right out of the box they sounded horrible, but after the tedious 30-minute firmware update through the android app which updated one earbud at a time, there was a sudden change in clarity. Now they sound very good. All of the bad reviews were before the December firmware update.
Slight emphasis on bass, but very clean. Mids are crisp and clear. Surprisingly a lot of detail in the highs even though they're not that bright. I have played around with the EQ in poweramp to get them just to my liking.

Sound quality from best to worst = MTW (Slightly larger soundstage / slightly better clarity) > Earin M2 > RHA > Jabra 65t

Strange but on the Earin website it says they last up to 4h depending on the codec. I had them paired with aptX / Samsung S8+, a couple of hours (40% battery remaining) in I changed the output to AAC and it seemed to drastically improve battery life as stated on the Earin website.
I think they will last around 4h mark even at a high volume. These get loud! There is a gain option in the app.
Charge time is good - 0-70% in 30 minutes.
I don't think there are more comfortable / better looking TW earphones out there. These are literally just the earbud, they come with comply foam tips, and they're compatible with standard earphone tips (I tried the silicon ones with my MDR EX650). Comply tips in the box fit well (4 pairs provided), and really make the M2 stay put when running.

The connection is strong, haven't had any issues so far. Initially you connect them one by one as they can act as two individual headsets. Automatically detect left/right and connect instantly. No issues with them being recognised on the app either unlike the issues I had with the MTW. You can also turn the M2 off in the app without the case.
I think they're perfect for the gym, so tiny and they don't make you look like an alien.
Something special about having buds this small, you can even lie down against them in bed as they don't protrude.
Great review! Your conclusion about the gym use and lying on bed makes me think this maybe the perfect companion with mw07 that I'm looking for.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3,613 of 62,258
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #3,614 of 62,258
For those of you who have the MW07, any chance anyone of you could post up a few pics if you have the tortoise shell color? I'm considering either that, or matte black, since those are the two more commonly available versions on ebay.

QYTbNgml.jpg

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #3,615 of 62,258
I'm interested in Mifo O5 now. Great comparison! Could you tell me which version (standard or pro ) is using dynamic driver? I googled it and found different answers. Some also refer to a Sports edition, which I assume is the standard one? And how can I tell which version I have without opening the box?
The standard version is the one using the dynamic driver. The pro version is the one using the balanced armature. The standard version too is cheaper than the pro version. If you like a bassy and V-shaped sound signature go with the standard version. If you like a neutral sound signature, go with the pro version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back