Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,542 of 62,419
Interesting review:

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-2_8-54-42.png
    upload_2019-1-2_8-54-42.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #3,546 of 62,419
So are they worse or better than other Sennheiser you've owned in terms of audio quality? Every time I get a new headset and put it up against my HD1F the new headset goes back.

Sennh product is fine with series 600 and 800.
Momentum series is not good. Momentum onear wireless is the crap sale man bonus for me when buying Activo CT10, a good that cheaper than bonus item.
It means a dead stocking item. No one buy it.
I can deal with it by eq to near the sound of pxc550 but I have to say it is not a hp - it is a ear killer w/o eq

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,547 of 62,419
So are they worse or better than other Sennheiser you've owned in terms of audio quality? Every time I get a new headset and put it up against my HD1F the new headset goes back.
I don't have MTW myself, but from what I learned from other posts here, they're not my type. But I don't really have bad feelings either, just different sound.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #3,548 of 62,419
P.S I heard someone in local forum said that MTW needs 100hour for correctly responds. Any one can confirm this?

Sennh momentium wireless is a very bad cans too. My best correction eq for it is below. Acceptable the sound, but most daps wont active eq on blutooth headphone (while all smartphone does)

No headphones need burn-in.

However, I always really enjoyed the Momentum M2/HD1 wireless full-size, so maybe you just don't like the sig. Or you're struggling to get a seal.

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #3,549 of 62,419
Sennh product is fine with series 600 and 800.
Momentum series is not good. Momentum onear wireless is the crap sale man bonus for me when buying Activo CT10, a good that cheaper than bonus item.
It means a dead stocking item. No one buy it.
I can deal with it by eq to near the sound of pxc550 but I have to say it is not a hp - it is a ear killer w/o eq

Sounds to me like you just like more "neutral" (or "sterile" to my ears) headphones. I would probably listen to the HD1 more than the HD800 if I owned both.

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #3,550 of 62,419
Sounds to me like you just like more "neutral" (or "sterile" to my ears) headphones. I would probably listen to the HD1 more than the HD800 if I owned both.

I like neutral hp only. Yes.
800 is not my favourite too but I wont say how I hate it. 800 series is not aim to 800 bcs including other cans.
I wont say 800 is not good (not good for me only, good for other who patiently find a correct amp for it) but I can say mtw is a bad one at its price, can not compare to elite65t which half price

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #3,551 of 62,419
I've been enjoying the Sennheiser MTW the last week but I have to say the battery behavior of the case is irritating. I had the MTW sitting unused for a few days in their case after charging it up to full battery, and the case was nearly dead by the time I picked it up this morning. I don't understand why the case is draining when the MTW are just sitting in the case without being connected to anything. Meanwhile, my Jabra Elite 65t have been off the charger and in their case for a couple weeks and it's still at nearly full battery life still. Honestly, I'd be really happy with the MTW if it wasn't for this sort of weirdness with the battery life on the case. I don't want to have to live with the case constantly on the charger considering the battery life on the earpieces themselves is pretty short.

Meanwhile, the ATH-CKR7TW I ordered should be shipping today or tomorrow. I'm interested to try them out, although I hate bright sound signatures so I don't have high hopes since it doesn't look like the Audio Technica app offers an EQ option.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3,552 of 62,419
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #3,554 of 62,419
I can say mtw is a bad one at its price, can not compare to elite65t which half price

I disagree strongly. I prefer a mostly neutral sound signature as well but the Elite 65t has a lot of issues with audible distortion (particularly in the treble, which is downright terrible). The MTW gets a lot of the technical aspects of sound reproduction right and with EQ the bass can be tamed somewhat to get a more neutral sound signature. The 65t are still my benchmark for ease of use and battery life, but the MTW are much better in sound quality if not frequency response. I agree with you that the price differential of the two is significant enough to turn your average consumer off to the MTW (especially since the battery life isn't up to par) but for people more concerned with sound quality I can see the price point being justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back