Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #2,492 of 62,435
Sennheiser has released another update to its app, promising bug fixes. Going to monitor if there’s any improvement.
Just an app update, but not a firmware update right?

I wrote to sennheiser explaining some of the issues we have faced, or some of us at least, here's their response:

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your product. Unfortunately there are no firmware updates that I know of. If you feel the headphones are faulty and not performing as described, you can claim a replacement under your 2 year warranty.

If you would like to do this, please let me know so that I can arrange your returns reference number

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,494 of 62,435
Just emailed with Audio Technica USA and got to the following response:

As of right now, there is no set date for the release of the ATH-CKR7TW.

We have only been informed it will be around late January/early February.

Well, that's disappointing.

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2,495 of 62,435
Just an app update, but not a firmware update right?

I wrote to sennheiser explaining some of the issues we have faced, or some of us at least, here's their response:

I got the same response asking me if I want a replacement. The previous app update improved my charging issues.

TBH, I wouldn't expect much. The most predictable app update release note in the iOS or android Appstore is "bug fixes and performance improvements".

They probably fixed a minor bug in the phone app....

I found the previous app update reported a better battery life as the first version had haphazard battery life readings for me, at least.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #2,496 of 62,435
Yeah the Sport model's feature inconsistency seems like they had two completely separate development teams working on it. I guess I appreciate that they're releasing models that are clearly delineated between enthusiast vs workout markets, and the $50 price point difference reflects that. It's nice to see a product strategy that isn't "one size fits all" in the TW space.

I agree there but it feels a bit misguided. The sport model should have the higher battery life, given that once you're mid-workout the last thing you want to do is throw it into a case for 15 minutes to get more charge. One would assume that the missing aptX is a power saving feature (SBC is more battery friendly), yet it's missing the codec as well as having worse battery, which is confusing.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #2,497 of 62,435
Just emailed with Audio Technica USA and got to the following response:

As of right now, there is no set date for the release of the ATH-CKR7TW.

We have only been informed it will be around late January/early February.

Well, that's disappointing.

You think thats disappointing ?

You should see their out of warranty repair fee’s and 2 month turn around times.

Audio Technica, I know it was you fredo, you broke my heart.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #2,498 of 62,435
So I have the sennheisers and my biggest concern was the bass. I'm actually pretty satisfied coming from an IE80, and will probably be sending back my vegas.

My only grip at this point is that the senns aren't loud enough at full volume. Had the same problem with the MW07s..

There also seems to be distortion for the bass at max volume, like static.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #2,500 of 62,435
I agree there but it feels a bit misguided. The sport model should have the higher battery life, given that once you're mid-workout the last thing you want to do is throw it into a case for 15 minutes to get more charge. One would assume that the missing aptX is a power saving feature (SBC is more battery friendly), yet it's missing the codec as well as having worse battery, which is confusing.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the Sport is massively inferior in all respects minus the waterproofing. $50 seems like not that much money to pay for a far superior product.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #2,503 of 62,435
What source are you using? My Senns played through Plex is painfully loud at 60%, and I think at over 80% it would literally damage my hearing. They're almost exactly twice as loud as the Jabras based on my normal listening volume level.
Yeah, strange. I keep my mw07 in general at 40-60% out of S8 on below max from Poweramp. And that in extremely noisy weight room at the gym. Mw07 are definetly go louder than my 65t, though even these were enough on majority of tracks, except for some non-remastered old stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back