Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #2,416 of 62,447
just out of curiosity, i bgt jabra elite 65t and received it today. i received a firmware upgrade after installing the app. and now i see that left bud creates crackle upon playing any song.

Any tips?

i have tried re-pairing, resetting.for the price i got this on amazon, thgt of using it for gym and stuff :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #2,417 of 62,447
I haven't heard any hiss at all, although I've only had mine today so not a huge amount of listening. But certainly nothing noticeable.

The case lid feels pretty solid and snaps shut nicely. Sounds like you have a bad set.

Thank you. I'll get it replaced then. Sigh...the wait continues :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #2,418 of 62,447
Can anyone with the Senn's help with feedback? Finally got the MTW in today (stupid shipping delay). To my dismay, there's some pretty significant hiss, more-so on the left side than right. I can usually tune out hiss (I've tried a lot of true wireless earbuds), but this is just too much. I'm thinking I got a bad unit. From what I see, everyone seems to agree that the background is noise-free for the most part.

Additionally, the lid is too flimsy. It wobbles, and the plastic hinge feels very fragile (like I could bend it back with little force and it would just break off). Anyone else observe that too?

Pretty disappointed after waiting so long for this pair, especially since I'm a big fan of Senn. My DD has been the WF-1000X, and so far its quality is winning out. I'd like to hear what you guys say before I wrap the MTW back up and try to get a replacement.

The casing for E8 and MW07 felt premium when compared to sennheiser. I even have difficulty in picking up the iems from sennheiser casing.. they feel slippery.

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #2,419 of 62,447
Can anyone with the Senn's help with feedback? Finally got the MTW in today (stupid shipping delay). To my dismay, there's some pretty significant hiss, more-so on the left side than right. I can usually tune out hiss (I've tried a lot of true wireless earbuds), but this is just too much. I'm thinking I got a bad unit. From what I see, everyone seems to agree that the background is noise-free for the most part.

Additionally, the lid is too flimsy. It wobbles, and the plastic hinge feels very fragile (like I could bend it back with little force and it would just break off). Anyone else observe that too?

Pretty disappointed after waiting so long for this pair, especially since I'm a big fan of Senn. My DD has been the WF-1000X, and so far its quality is winning out. I'd like to hear what you guys say before I wrap the MTW back up and try to get a replacement.

No hiss here and I am sensitive to it. My mw07 had left side hiss. I don’t hear it in the senns.

Having compared the senns to the mw07, the sq on the mw07s is superior to my ears. Warmer, more powerful, punchy and dynamic. Less balanced maybe but I prefer the mw07 and by a decent margin. The senns sound great and are definitely a step above the Jabras, but they don’t match the mw07. Too bad battery life is a disaster in the mw07 so mine are going back. I’ll miss the sweet sq however.

Nov 28, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #2,420 of 62,447
is the charging method annoying? I'm assuming you have to get 2 usb cable to charge them? (looking into this one for mmcx)

I just got the Mavin yesterday, got around 7hrs on aptx (not sure if aac will give better battery life). I HATE the stock tip, I couldn't get a good fit and the missing of size indication on the tips didn't help. Had to settle for spinfit but still couldn't get a comfortable fit.

After around 30hrs of using this, my impression:
pros = good battery + ok sound (the treble is too much for my taste....or maybe because I didn't get a good seal) + light
cons = no multipoint profiles (can't switch between phone and laptop, have to disconnect on one) + the shape is weird for my ear + mic quality seems to be very bad

if you have any tips to improve usage with Mavin, I'm all ears.
Too bad they don't have app or software update for these.

What type of spinfit would fit? would like of try one of those on some of my earbuds

Some update on the mavin:
Left it connected to the hiby r3 overnight and it played on medium-low for 7 hours straight. Then connected it to the unihertz atom and reported battery was 57%.

Was first disappointed that it would not turn on or off without the case, but it goes to sleep after a while then can be powered on with the buttons and paired.

Tested outside for a walk, but with hiby r3 that has poor bluetooth. So long as the r3 is on the left side it seems ok. With the lg g7 the connection strength is noticeable better inside with walls etc.

Sound quality for someone else go into, other than I think they are fine. Loud enough with ok bass ones the fit is ok. Did get a few cheap chinese tws 5.0 before settled jabra 65t, and the mavin is happily better than them.

only thing it seems remembered paired devices is low, I think its 3 devices before you have to pair again.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #2,421 of 62,447
Went to the Sennheiser store in San Francisco today to check out the TWM. Spent about 1/2 hour listening to my standard suite of test tracks over AAC from a Shanling m0.

1) It was comfortable for me. A bit of pressure in one ear, but probably could
adjust it to eliminate that one pain point. Better than most true wireless iems. They looked good, and were very safely held in my ear.

2) The sound was exceptionally good for a true wireless iem. Just a bit too bassy for me, but that could easily be eq'ed out because the bass was tight, just a little too much of it. Everything else - rhythm, mids, highs -- were to my liking.

3) While the sound was good for a true wireless iem, I decided not to buy it because, for me, the category is not ready yet. The whole time I was listening I was enjoying the music just enough to make me want to listen to music in even better quality - whether that's the LDAC quality of the WH-1000XM3 wireless cans, or a wired iem like the Etymotic 4XR.

If someone has a use case that requires wireless iem's, then these probably have the best SQ in the category. Hard to imagine how it could be better over AAC/APTX. The codec felt like the limiting factor. But even these best-in-class true wireless iem's aren't good enough for me.

I guess I'll wait for the TWM's mark 2 and try again. I think if they had LDAC, I would have bought them today and they would have sounded not just good but great.

I'm happy for the #1 and #2 here but the LDAC thing just made me laugh because first off I found the 1000XM3 to sound lacking compared to several others due to how digitally processed the sound is (the VModa sounds better over SBC for pete's sake), but secondly because the idea that you can hear LDAC vs aptX is just hilarious. LDAC is nice and all, but since aptX is pushing at higher than 320kbps which is already nicely above "transparency" level you're talking pure placebo. I swear it's like people hear some numbers and then Emperor's New Clothes the hell out of themselves.

More than that, comparing a TWE to a full-size and thinking the sound difference was because of the codec and not the myriad other factors? Come on, son.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #2,423 of 62,447
Wow, thanks for that blast from the past, had completely forgotten about that green marker business on the edges of CDs !

In TWE news I received my Havit G1s from Amazon.de yesterday and had high expectations based on feedback here...after a day's worth of testing let's just say I'm happy I didn't spend more than 33€ on them.

Here's a quick rundown :
1. Nice packaging, it never hurts
2. Tips are pretty flimsy and not very comfortable, will be back to that later
3. Smart looking charging box. Finding the right position for the buds does take some getting used to and I still haven't found a quick way of taking them out, not a biggie.
4. Quite lacking in terms of features as already noted in this thread : no multiple connections, no transparency mode, no volume control
5. Tips...so with the stock tips I just can't get proper isolation and that's generally a must to get the best possible sound. Unlike on the Jabra Sport Elite where they must have gotten the "wings" idea, the wings are not large/hard enough and don't keep the G1 close enough to the ear canal. I tried a few options, Sony hybrids (better isolation but muted sound and sometimes blocked), SpinFit CP100 (sound gets "blocked", probably due to the way the G1s fit in the ear canal), Comply Tsx-200 (good isolation, very dull sound) and a few others I had hanging around.
6. So back to SQ with the stock tips (and little to no isolation) : well it's pretty decent I must say, some good clarity top to bottom but in the absence of a good seal the bass are a bit lacking, a decent soundstage. I'd put them ahead of the Vigorun TW but behind the Jabra Elite sport, 65T and WF-1000x
7. Got a call while I was trying them at my desk, person could barely hear me, had to switch back to the phone.

At the end of the day they were only 33€ and I don't think they're worth a lot more. The lack of a decent seal is ok for casual listening around the house and might come in handy for running actually since the air isn't trapped in the canal and will not result in the dreaded "thump" on each step. I'll try running with them later this week instead of using my usual Backbeat Fits that have served me well but that provide even less isolation (by design).

EDIT - added "7. Got a call while I was trying them at my desk, person could barely hear me, had to switch back to the phone."

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #2,424 of 62,447
Wow, thanks for that blast from the past, had completely forgotten about that green marker business on the edges of CDs !

In TWE news I received my Havit G1s from Amazon.de yesterday and had high expectations based on feedback here...after a day's worth of testing let's just say I'm happy I didn't spend more than 33€ on them.

Here's a quick rundown :
1. Nice packaging, it never hurts
2. Tips are pretty flimsy and not very comfortable, will be back to that later
3. Smart looking charging box. Finding the right position for the buds does take some getting used to and I still haven't found a quick way of taking them out, not a biggie.
4. Quite lacking in terms of features as already noted in this thread : no multiple connections, no transparency mode, no volume control
5. Tips...so with the stock tips I just can't get proper isolation and that's generally a must to get the best possible sound. Unlike on the Jabra Sport Elite where they must have gotten the "wings" idea, the wings are not large/hard enough and don't keep the G1 close enough to the ear canal. I tried a few options, Sony hybrids (better isolation but muted sound and sometimes blocked), SpinFit CP100 (sound gets "blocked", probably due to the way the G1s fit in the ear canal), Comply Tsx-200 (good isolation, very dull sound) and a few others I had hanging around.
6. So back to SQ with the stock tips (and little to no isolation) : well it's pretty decent I must say, some good clarity top to bottom but in the absence of a good seal the bass are a bit lacking, a decent soundstage. I'd put them ahead of the Vigorun TW but behind the Jabra Elite sport, 65T and WF-1000x

At the end of the day they were only 33€ and I don't think they're worth a lot more. The lack of a decent seal is ok for casual listening around the house and might come in handy for running actually since the air isn't trapped in the canal and will not result in the dreaded "thump" on each step. I'll try running with them later this week instead of using my usual Backbeat Fits that have served me well but that provide even less isolation (by design).

Well fit and isolation is always going to be very personal. To me with the medium wing and large stock tips fit is very good and isolation nearly on par with the E8, they are probably more secure than the E8 with SpinFits. I on the other hand couldn’t get a decent fit and isolation with the stock tips on the E8. I would not have been dissapointed with the G1 even had I paid 100-120 USD.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #2,425 of 62,447

:triportsad:

I'm now between Jabra's 65t and the RHA TrueConnect - i'll be getting either by end of day today. Lack of Qi is killing me but i realized both have cases big enough to be retrofitted with a slim receiver... if i could open it. Anyone seeing screws in their Jabra/RHA cases? :dt880smile:

Type-C-Qi-Wireless-Charger-Receiver-USB-C-Charging-TI-Chip-Receiving-Adapter-for-Huawei-Honor.jpg_640x640.jpg

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #2,426 of 62,447
What type of spinfit would fit? would like of try one of those on some of my earbuds

Some update on the mavin:
Left it connected to the hiby r3 overnight and it played on medium-low for 7 hours straight. Then connected it to the unihertz atom and reported battery was 57%.

Was first disappointed that it would not turn on or off without the case, but it goes to sleep after a while then can be powered on with the buttons and paired.

Tested outside for a walk, but with hiby r3 that has poor bluetooth. So long as the r3 is on the left side it seems ok. With the lg g7 the connection strength is noticeable better inside with walls etc.

Sound quality for someone else go into, other than I think they are fine. Loud enough with ok bass ones the fit is ok. Did get a few cheap chinese tws 5.0 before settled jabra 65t, and the mavin is happily better than them.

only thing it seems remembered paired devices is low, I think its 3 devices before you have to pair again.

I also got the Mavin Air-x and I am really liking them. However, is your case hinge also a little flimsy/loose?

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #2,428 of 62,447
I really appreciate if smb give an idea about call quality of MW07.
If you are mainly interested of the call quality of TW, I suggest you to see the new jabra 65T, the Evolve. It's more expensive than the active but, even if I don't try it, I think it could be aanswer adapted to your search.
The jabra have the better call quality of TW I had : MW07, Senn, Jabra 65T and 65T active, Sony 1000x

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #2,429 of 62,447
Forgot to mention in my Havit G1 rundown that the microphone is very poor, I got a call while I was trying them at my desk, person could barely hear me, had to switch back to the phone.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #2,430 of 62,447
Anyone with E8 have this issue? I put them in the case last night and this morning the left one is more dead than when I put it in. I put it back in and still no charging. Tried and tried but nothing. Then blew on them (why not?) and the case. Fixed.

The culprit? One of the little "pins" that charge the left was covered by a spec of dust. Not kidding. It was barely visible on the end of my finger. Smaller than the pointy end of a stick pin. I replicated the problem over and over with lint, tiny scraps of paper, even one of my hairs. It's so sensitive I think you could make it stop working by covering one pin with almost anything - even something like a sharpie mark.

Good to know for those of us who carry them around in our pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back