Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #2,266 of 62,452
I must be a mutant because I frequently deadass forget the MW07 is in my ears.

However, I'm in such a damn pickle with the things. I love the sound, enough so that I like just lying around listening to music with them, but the battery anxiety is getting to me.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #2,267 of 62,452
I really like my sennheisers TW so far. I prefer silicone tips to comply, and the medium ones fit perfectly in my ear.

Sound quality has surpassed my expectations. Just getting used to the touch gestures. Swipe left/right / up/down would've been so much better with a single 1 second tap for pause/play.

The long press volume controls are ridiculous.

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #2,268 of 62,452
I really like my sennheisers TW so far. I prefer silicone tips to comply, and the medium ones fit perfectly in my ear.

Sound quality has surpassed my expectations. Just getting used to the touch gestures. Swipe left/right / up/down would've been so much better with a single 1 second tap for pause/play.

The long press volume controls are ridiculous.
That's how they are on the B&O E8 and I've gotten used to it and it's easy once muscle memory kicks in.

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #2,270 of 62,452
Swiping would be better, but the long press is WAY better than what RHA wanted you to do... 3 taps on the left to lower, 3 taps on the right to raise.
That's ridiculous - if you want to increase the volume more than a single 'notch' you'll give yourself a headache!

Luckily, I almost never adjust the volume other than on my phone (even with my PlusSound I never used the controls on it) so it's all slightly arbitrary. The only 'on-bud' control I'll ever use is to pause, and/or toggle the 'hear through' mode - which I believe is a single tap for the Senns (on the Jabras it's single or double-tap).

Nov 24, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2,273 of 62,452
Anyone have the Senns and the Sony wf-1000x and can comment on the SQ differences and similarities between them? Thanks

I have the WF-1000X and am supposed to get my Senns today. I'll comment back after I give the new pair a fair shake. Am excited about this comparison, have a feeling it'll be neck-and-neck!

Nov 24, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #2,274 of 62,452
I have the WF-1000X and am supposed to get my Senns today. I'll comment back after I give the new pair a fair shake. Am excited about this comparison, have a feeling it'll be neck-and-neck!

Not heard anything close to the Sony sound quality yet so would be interested in your views. Wanted to love the RHA so much but wasn't for me.

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #2,275 of 62,452
Okay the Senn's absolutely rule. Definitely preferring them to the MW07s. Much more comfortable. I'm no true audiophile so I can't get into specifics surrounding SQ, but they sound awesome (not to slight the MW07 though, they sound great too).

Bass is definitely there. To anyone who says otherwise, I'd say try different tips (or you're a massive basshead expecting too much from earbuds). Limit to Your Love by James Blake is always my go-to bass test and it made my head rattle.

We'll see how battery life fairs but I'm expecting it to be better than the MW07. Also curious to see if the fit stays secure at the gym once some sweat gets introduced to the equation.

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,276 of 62,452
Okay the Senn's absolutely rule. Definitely preferring them to the MW07s. Much more comfortable. I'm no true audiophile so I can't get into specifics surrounding SQ, but they sound awesome (not to slight the MW07 though, they sound great too).

Bass is definitely there. To anyone who says otherwise, I'd say try different tips (or you're a massive basshead expecting too much from earbuds). Limit to Your Love by James Blake is always my go-to bass test and it made my head rattle.

We'll see how battery life fairs but I'm expecting it to be better than the MW07. Also curious to see if the fit stays secure at the gym once some sweat gets introduced to the equation.

Sounds promising!
Please report back on battery life and how they behave themselves in the gym.
Also, could you comment on the microphone quality for calls?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,277 of 62,452
Just got the MW07 yesterday and charged them overnight. I've been listening about a half hour and have to admit they sound a bit better than the jabra active elite 65t. But not enough to care that much if I'm walking, exercising or outdoors, etc.

They are comfortable for me and fit well, though the overall ergonomics of the case, charging, and use are not as appealing to me as the jabras. There's also the price difference. And I haven't directly A/B'd them yet. This is just my first impression, but if someone had let me try their MW07 and Jabra before purchase, considering their use, I would have gone with the Jabra. This opinion is subject to change .....

I don't need another pair of true wireless, but I'll wait a bit while the Senn TW reviews come in before I consider those.

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #2,278 of 62,452

That's what I needed.

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #2,279 of 62,452
Ok so I’m having big issues with my Senn’s:

1. The units don’t stop playing music even after putting them back in the case
2. The left pair drains battery more. By 20% average.
3. The case does not charge my earphones and will only do so after I briefly connect them to a power source.

Thoroughly disappointed!

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,280 of 62,452
Ok so I’m having big issues with my Senn’s:

1. The units don’t stop playing music even after putting them back in the case
2. The left pair drains battery more. By 20% average.
3. The case does not charge my earphones and will only do so after I briefly connect them to a power source.

Thoroughly disappointed!
ouch, sorry to read that.

Only issue I have is 2.

EDIT: I was wondering as you're only one of two people in this thread that have relevant comply tips, are they cause blocking of the signal for recharging and and not stopping the music playing? Just curious, have you tried with the silicon tips only?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back