Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #2,073 of 62,431
For me, yes, because I had custom sleeves on my IE80s, so they fitted wonderfully.

I've had Jabra 65Ts for a day, and impressed so far. Not quite as good sq as the IE80s, but pretty close. No hiss, perfect balance and a good sound profile. The convenience of no wires at all is awesome.

That said, I've pre-ordered the Momentum TWs, as I love the Senn sound profile, so if they're anywhere near as good as my IE80s, they'll be awesome. Main question.is the battery life.

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #2,074 of 62,431
For me, yes, because I had custom sleeves on my IE80s, so they fitted wonderfully.

I've had Jabra 65Ts for a day, and impressed so far. Not quite as good sq as the IE80s, but pretty close. No hiss, perfect balance and a good sound profile. The convenience of no wires at all is awesome.

That said, I've pre-ordered the Momentum TWs, as I love the Senn sound profile, so if they're anywhere near as good as my IE80s, they'll be awesome. Main question.is the battery life.

good luck guys, I just ordered the jabras again, I'll stick with them for now. I'm sure they will last at least a year or more, and by then I hope better twe's are out by then.

best of luck, but i'll keep reading the thread for interest :)

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,075 of 62,431
10195961.jpg
Are we talking these?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,076 of 62,431
Don't be. Jabras are good only as a package - they check most marks, even if each mark isn't the best. But it really funny, I had two pairs of 65t elites and none of them had anything close to what your copies were exhibiting. No matter how I tried to find hiss and lack of left-right balance. That's not to say that their silence is super clean, but it's not hiss, just a little of white noise above audible threshold. At least on my pairs.

I'm really, really wondering if it was just Samsungs and the firmware update. I can't even tell you how tempted I am to pick up another pair since I have a pixel now and just give it another go.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #2,077 of 62,431
Worth bearing in mind: when I first tried the Jabras yesterday they had terrible hiss - so much so I nearly put them back in the box and returned them.

After updating the firmware, any hiss (if there is any) is undetectable. This is with an S7 Edge.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #2,079 of 62,431
Worth bearing in mind: when I first tried the Jabras yesterday they had terrible hiss - so much so I nearly put them back in the box and returned them.

After updating the firmware, any hiss (if there is any) is undetectable. This is with an S7 Edge.

I'm hanging tight for the Senns, though. If they've got the kind of meaty low end the name "Momentum" usually carries, plus 4hr battery life, they're gonna be my winner.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,081 of 62,431
I've been using my 65t actives every day & have been really pleased with them. For now I'll watch all you other guys experiment with whatever else comes down the pike. While the Jabra's don't really blow me away in any particular area they just work great for me overall. They connect instantly without fuss, remember both my device's & the more I'm using them unless they are at max volume I'm not noticing the imbalance I noticed right out of the package. Just a really solid product all the way around IMO.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #2,082 of 62,431
I've been using my 65t actives every day & have been really pleased with them. For now I'll watch all you other guys experiment with whatever else comes down the pike. While the Jabra's don't really blow me away in any particular area they just work great for me overall. They connect instantly without fuss, remember both my device's & the more I'm using them unless they are at max volume I'm not noticing the imbalance I noticed right out of the package. Just a really solid product all the way around IMO.

That's the thing with the Jabra's is if you're after a jack of all trades, but a master of none, then the Jabras are the go to, no fuss option. If you're more picky about what you want then there are other options, but I agree the Jabra's hit all the right boxes in terms of minimal requirements, they just don't blow me away either. I think the trade off's with price to feature ratio,m the Jabra's do really really well imo

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #2,083 of 62,431
My Senn' arrive thursday. I'm really happy.
But, I see the policy of cancelation of Sennheiser. We have 30 day to send back but none of the plastic bag should be open. I live in France, so maybe it's different in other countries. But, be carreful if you have this mention.
I've seen in my shipment confirmation's mail.
If you want, for example, send back the Senn and keep other TW IEM, like MW 07, be careful with the little bags and use other tips.
I don't think we'll send back the Senn, but as only few people has try this TW, we 'll never know....

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #2,084 of 62,431
My Senn' arrive thursday. I'm really happy.
But, I see the policy of cancelation of Sennheiser. We have 30 day to send back but none of the plastic bag should be open. I live in France, so maybe it's different in other countries. But, be carreful if you have this mention.
I've seen in my shipment confirmation's mail.
If you want, for example, send back the Senn and keep other TW IEM, like MW 07, be careful with the little bags and use other tips.
I don't think we'll send back the Senn, but as only few people has try this TW, we 'll never know....
Grats on the senn's. Please let us know how they turn out, and with a comparison maybe against other TWE's you may have had, or have.

I think that's par for the course when it comes to returns from majority of online dealers. Only amazon, I believe, allows you to open your package, test out the device, and then return within 30 days for a full refund. It's not a surprise they have the majority of consumers clicking on their site.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #2,085 of 62,431
RHA True Connect arrived today, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless arriving on Thurs (UK) I pre-ordered Sep/Oct directly from Sennheiser.

Bit of background - I have tried the Jabra 65T, Sony WF-1000x, and those Anker TW buds.

Device - S8+, Using Poweramp

RHA True connect - 4.45 / 5 because it deserves more than 4.
£150 is a fantastic price if the battery life is around 4 hours.

Samsung doesn't allow you to see bluetooth battery life status so unless there is an app like Sennhsiers I can't see how much battery is remaining. I have only listened to them for about 4 hours total on/off.
The case is fantastic quality, I really like it. USB C and metal / high quality rubber finish. I really like the 3 stage battery indicator on the case - don't think the Senn has this. They also look very sleek as they're stealth black with no apparent logo.

Fit -The silicon buds don't really fit 100% in my ears. I have quite small ears + ear canal. They seem, too short as if they don't go too far in. I personally wouldn't feel 100% confident going for a fast-paced long run, but it's fine for a jog (not that I'm doing either at the moment).
The comply tips supplied fit better but I generally prefer silicone tips. The comply tips would be absolutely fine for a fast-paced run.

Sound - a very apparent U shape, with a surprisingly clean bass. I dislike excess treble / bright headphones, so I turned the treble down slightly in the poweramp EQ. Treble is clean.

Loudness - I listened to the buds at the gym 2-3 steps down from the max. I even tried using the eq amp in poweramp and that made them incredibly loud with no noticeable distortion. They get to a safe level which people should really use as the max to protect their hearing.

Playback buttons - Could have better feedback, no auto pause either but it's easy to press any of the buttons when taking the buds to pause the song.

Sound leakage - very minimal. Nobody can hear you listening to those shameful songs you're embarrassed to be listening to. Sound isolation is also very good especially with the comply tips.

I haven't tried making a call with them yet. I have played a couple of youtube videos and netflix videos, there doesn't appear to be any lag. The connection is strong, I haven't had any dropouts. As soon as you take them out of the case they connect very quickly.

They're well worth the price. A good amount better than the Jabra in terms of clarity and also build quality and a cleaner bass than the Sony WF-1000x.

Now I'm unsure. If the Sennheiser have less than 3 hours of battery life there is little chance I'll keep them due to the lack of fast charging and a shorter battery life.

Pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back