Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #1,306 of 62,419
So so so, I'm looking for a gift a fully wireless iem, without the cable to one iem to the other, there is something around 50 dollars that has a good sound quality or it is better a good detachable cable iem around that price and a simple 6 dollars Bluetooth transmitter?

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #1,309 of 62,419
I was under the impression that your source device needs to support the appropriate AptX, AptX HD, AAC, or LDAC codecs in order to get improved SQ, if it only supports SBC then you'll have lossy compression

Yes you need a match for codecs

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #1,310 of 62,419
I was under the impression that your source device needs to support the appropriate AptX, AptX HD, AAC, or LDAC codecs in order to get improved SQ, if it only supports SBC then you'll have lossy compression

Yeah, that part is true. But I mean that in the sense that as long as you've got the right codecs, it doesn't matter because the source isn't impacting the sound at all. It's just a transfer source since all the heavy lifting is being done by the headphones themselves.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #1,311 of 62,419
Yeah, that part is true. But I mean that in the sense that as long as you've got the right codecs, it doesn't matter because the source isn't impacting the sound at all. It's just a transfer source since all the heavy lifting is being done by the headphones themselves.

What I mean is, did you use a source that offers Apt-X? I imagine that's relevant. That affects the transmission and can make a huge difference in terms of how well the sound is finally converted and perceived.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #1,312 of 62,419
Most true wireless IEMs don't support aptx so having a source that supports that format. What IEM are you thinking if getting?

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #1,314 of 62,419
I've just received my MW07's this morning. Not 100% sure what I think of them. I've had the 65T and Airpods to compare. Really can't decide what I think of them.

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #1,318 of 62,419
FYI. Earin TWS are offering 20% voucher today. They cost €249 normally. Use the word October to get a rebate. They also offer a 14 day free return.

I have a pair. My only caution is if you use TWS a lot for phone calls, they may not meet your requirements. I use them just for listening to Spotify & Audible and they work for me in those scenarios.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #1,319 of 62,419
FYI. Earin TWS are offering 20% voucher today. They cost €249 normally. Use the word October to get a rebate. They also offer a 14 day free return.

I have a pair. My only caution is if you use TWS a lot for phone calls, they may not meet your requirements. I use them just for listening to Spotify & Audible and they work for me in those scenarios.
Apparently the code will go live at 2PM CET

Anyone know how these sound compared with the 65t?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back