Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 16, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,291 of 62,454
Perhaps your soundpeats are better than the 65T, possible...

Concerning the hiss, I think that yes it's faulty. I had one pair of 65t that I gave to my sister and a pair of 65t active for me now and none of them had hiss issues...

I think there's a bit of QC issue across the board on the TW models. I may buy two pairs of all of them to eliminate it. My E8s, the 65ts, the Anker offerings all have reviews all over the map in terms of both signature and SQ.

My $0.02 on the 65t was that they sound OK. Not great - even for TW. Just OK. But I also reacted pretty negatively to two purely aesthetic things. First, the goofy-looking shape. None of these are "sexy" looking by any means, but the Jabras are extra bulky with that little nub sticking out just like the old "bluetooth douche" earpieces of the mid-2000s. I rarely care what people think about my appearance, but I admit that I felt a little self-conscious with them in, like I needed to tell strangers around me "no, I'm not such a wanna-be that I wear two bluetooth headsets from ten years ago- they're headphones. I promise." Second (and related), they just look cheap somehow - that silver-painted plastic body, the holes, the logo, all of it looks like something you bought at Walmart on the clearance rack. So if Jabra came out with a new model that sounded like Audeze LCD cans but looked exactly the same as the current model, I probably wouldn't be interested.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,292 of 62,454
This may have been answered, but I have not logged in and checked in a few months. I love my Jabra Elite 65T... Only 1 complaint. I am in a small office and I use them for work. Often times people on the other end say they can hear the people in the background as if they are on the phone with me. To the point that people have asked me to take them off the earset. I have not seen anyway to change this in settings. Anyone have recommendations on a set of wireless buds that would be better suited for an office environment?

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #1,293 of 62,454
This may have been answered, but I have not logged in and checked in a few months. I love my Jabra Elite 65T... Only 1 complaint. I am in a small office and I use them for work. Often times people on the other end say they can hear the people in the background as if they are on the phone with me. To the point that people have asked me to take them off the earset. I have not seen anyway to change this in settings. Anyone have recommendations on a set of wireless buds that would be better suited for an office environment?

I noticed this too with my 65t active version. i think most truewireless are like this.

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,295 of 62,454
Why not mw07 with 10% off? Reviews last week have been very positive many sources saying best sq available.

I have Beoplay e8 and just got the mw07. In my opinion the mw07 have better bass but that’s about it. For active things like working out the e8 are superior. I honestly can’t tell if I like or dislike the mw07. I’ve found them harsh on several songs, thin on others and good on a couple. I think the e8s are less bass heavy but better behaved overall. The mw07 badly needs foam tips for anything other than sitting and slow walking.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #1,296 of 62,454
I have Beoplay e8 and just got the mw07. In my opinion the mw07 have better bass but that’s about it. For active things like working out the e8 are superior. I honestly can’t tell if I like or dislike the mw07. I’ve found them harsh on several songs, thin on others and good on a couple. I think the e8s are less bass heavy but better behaved overall. The mw07 badly needs foam tips for anything other than sitting and slow walking.

Could you share what source you played with?

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #1,297 of 62,454
ye that's
im glad it's not just me. I also found them quite harsh compared to others I've tried and even asked them if they know of any foam tips that work but they don't.
Sent them back

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #1,298 of 62,454
I think there's a bit of QC issue across the board on the TW models. I may buy two pairs of all of them to eliminate it. My E8s, the 65ts, the Anker offerings all have reviews all over the map in terms of both signature and SQ.

I've called up support today and they said i need to update my firmware and Sound+ app version? but in app, it says i have the latest version. can you guys who have the Jabras check which version firmware you guys have? they told me 2.14.0 is the newest? i have 2.10.0 from the app store.

i'm going to return those back to Jabra if the firmware doesn't fix the issue. music just sounds like its underwater for me, unfortunately.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #1,299 of 62,454
Hello,

I confirm that I have 2.14. You first must download the new app update on app store, sometimes it takes several ours to the app on your phone to detect that there's a firmware update... I don't know why...

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #1,300 of 62,454
Hello,

I confirm that I have 2.14. You first must download the new app update on app store, sometimes it takes several ours to the app on your phone to detect that there's a firmware update... I don't know why...

yeah, i did that yesterday and it did nothing. I had to restart my phone, uninstall then reinstall the app and it updated. hiss is still there on the left bud. now there is a small pop/crack happening in both earbuds 1sec after i pause the music also at 80% volume.

oh well, time for a refund.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #1,301 of 62,454
I'm sorry for you... it seems obvious that you have a deffective Jabra and it's not a matter of app firmware... and I wonder if it can also affect SQ...

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #1,302 of 62,454
i I picked up both, it looks like the sony wf sp700 and the sony wf 1000x are basically same internals. to me the sound the same, function the same, battery life is the same, it looks to me sony just took the wf1000x reshelled it and made it water proof, and changed the case which seems chintzy and large to me. the the smaller wf1000x buds fits better. sound is great in both, button placement is better on wf1000x.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,303 of 62,454
These are the ones with ANC right ? An ANC that people have a heard time noticing if memory serves ! Maybe it goes to show that ANC does not work for IEMs with good isolation. It should in theory though because soundproof IEMs don't filter out as much bass as ANC circuits based on my experience.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #1,304 of 62,454
the noise cancelling works imo, I tested it in car with engine noise and ac on full blast, not as good as the sony wh1000x m2 which I also have, but not bad at all, I like it. they sound sweet better in my opinion than a lot of the truewireless on the market now, that why I keep buying them, its just battery sucks bad at 3 hours or less.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,305 of 62,454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back