Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 27, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #1,112 of 62,583
Has anyone been able to compare the MW07 against the Beoplay E8, Active 65T, etc., and provide in-depth comparisons on the sound quality?

few pages back someone bought a pair. seems the volume is so bad there is no comparison? lol

Got my master and dynamic mw07 today. So far not great. The left earbud has volume significantly lower than the right making them unusable. No manual available and customer service closes at 5. Not off to a good start. On the plus side fit and finish are truly amazing. Will report back on customer service experience and whether the replacement solves the problem. Suffice to say very disappointing for $300 but I'm willing to give them another chance.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #1,113 of 62,583
Got my master and dynamic mw07 today. So far not great. The left earbud has volume significantly lower than the right making them unusable. No manual available and customer service closes at 5. Not off to a good start. On the plus side fit and finish are truly amazing. Will report back on customer service experience and whether the replacement solves the problem. Suffice to say very disappointing for $300 but I'm willing to give them another chance.

Did you ever solve the issues with the MW07s and get to test them?

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,115 of 62,583
Replacements arrive today. Customer service was helpful albeit a little difficult to reach. Once I tracked them down, they jumped on it for me. I'll report back once I try them out.

Good news to report. Replacements sound excellent. There was clearly something wrong with the first pair. These things sound amazing for a TW earphone. I owned the E8 briefly and these blow them away in terms of SQ and equally important (to me) fit. I could never get the E8 to seat well. These stay put in my ears. I could definitely use these in the gym (but for the fear of $300 headphones getting soaked). Sound signature leans toward a warm "fun" signature. Lots of bass but not overwhelming. More balanced than the Sony for sure. In the past, I almost always opt for wired headphones over TW except for the gym. I could see myself using these as a daily driver. These compare favorably to many over ear/one ear BT headsets.

Final note, for almost half the price, the Sony compare very favorably to these. The MW07 beat them out for SQ but the gap isn't huge. Clearly paying for the fit and finish here as well.

I'll report back after further listens. These are the first pair of TW I've tried that don't feel like a compromise. Definitely gonna be a good fight with the Senns.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,116 of 62,583
After reading through the last few pages of thhi thread I decided to pull the trigger on the jabra 65t and I'm quite disappointed to be honest.

They don't sound bad, but I don't think they sound great either. I would have considered keeping them but there is noticeable lag when watching most videos on Netflix/YouTube on my phone.

I bought these mostly for travelling, so lag on a video is unacceptable. So I will be returning them

Do all wireless headphones/iems suffer from this?

I was considering the 1000xm3 but now I'm concerned that they might be the same.

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,117 of 62,583
After reading through the last few pages of thhi thread I decided to pull the trigger on the jabra 65t and I'm quite disappointed to be honest.

They don't sound bad, but I don't think they sound great either. I would have considered keeping them but there is noticeable lag when watching most videos on Netflix/YouTube on my phone.

I bought these mostly for travelling, so lag on a video is unacceptable. So I will be returning them

I was considering the 1000xm3 but now I'm concerned that they might be the same.
i use BO E8 and dont notice any lag on youtube and netflix.

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,118 of 62,583
I own the Earin M2s. Perfect on Netflix & a very, very tiny delay on YouTube, but not so noticeable that it affects my enjoyment. Even a cheap wireless pair I bought from Amazon were quite good in this respect. But as with all these new TWS products, there isn’t the perfect IEM yet. But the M-2 suits my needs for commuting & running.

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,119 of 62,583

For the sound, are you getting a good seal ?
For the lag, there's always going to be a bit of lag but the Jabra's are not bad for that normally, as measured on rtings.com - they Jaybird Run are way worse for instance.

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #1,120 of 62,583
Good news to report. Replacements sound excellent. There was clearly something wrong with the first pair. These things sound amazing for a TW earphone. I owned the E8 briefly and these blow them away in terms of SQ and equally important (to me) fit. I could never get the E8 to seat well. These stay put in my ears. I could definitely use these in the gym (but for the fear of $300 headphones getting soaked). Sound signature leans toward a warm "fun" signature. Lots of bass but not overwhelming. More balanced than the Sony for sure. In the past, I almost always opt for wired headphones over TW except for the gym. I could see myself using these as a daily driver. These compare favorably to many over ear/one ear BT headsets.

Final note, for almost half the price, the Sony compare very favorably to these. The MW07 beat them out for SQ but the gap isn't huge. Clearly paying for the fit and finish here as well.

I'll report back after further listens. These are the first pair of TW I've tried that don't feel like a compromise. Definitely gonna be a good fight with the Senns.

Are they any louder than the E8s?

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,121 of 62,583
i use BO E8 and dont notice any lag on youtube and netflix.

I was considering the E8 initially but the reviews on battery life/sq seemed to favour the 65t more.

I own the Earin M2s. Perfect on Netflix & a very, very tiny delay on YouTube, but not so noticeable that it affects my enjoyment. Even a cheap wireless pair I bought from Amazon were quite good in this respect. But as with all these new TWS products, there isn’t the perfect IEM yet. But the M-2 suits my needs for commuting & running.

I hadn't heard of these before, will do some research :)

For the sound, are you getting a good seal ?
For the lag, there's always going to be a bit of lag but the Jabra's are not bad for that normally, as measured on rtings.com - they Jaybird Run are way worse for instance.

Yes I'm getting a good seal and I'm not expecting them to blow me away, but I was really underwhelmed. Nevertheless, lag was unacceptable so even if sound quality was amazing I would still be returning them

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,123 of 62,583
I was considering the E8 initially but the reviews on battery life/sq seemed to favour the 65t more.

I hadn't heard of these before, will do some research :)

Yes I'm getting a good seal and I'm not expecting them to blow me away, but I was really underwhelmed. Nevertheless, lag was unacceptable so even if sound quality was amazing I would still be returning them

The E8 gives me perfectly acceptable sq and a little over 4 hours play time per full charge

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,124 of 62,583
After reading through the last few pages of thhi thread I decided to pull the trigger on the jabra 65t and I'm quite disappointed to be honest.They don't sound bad, but I don't think they sound great either. I would have considered keeping them but there is noticeable lag when watching most videos on Netflix/YouTube on my phone. ...
I have 65t for a few months already. Hard to comment on perceived SQ issues without knowing if you found a well sealed fit and what are your expectations and audio background. To my ears accustomed to Westone W4 wired IEMs and high-end AKG cans, Jabras sound surprisingly good for what they are. At least no worse than decent $100 wired IEMs with single dynamic drivers. I also had B&O E8 and found them sounding only marginally better but having rather unstable connection. When running on a treadmill or travelling I watch on my phone Netflix and Amazon Prime Video a lot. Don't see any major soundtrack delays, at least not something that would bother me. I think with delay a lot depends if your phone supports AAC codec as my Galaxy S8 does. Otherwise the link will fallback to SBC, which is known to have problems with video. Jabras support only AAC and SBC. On a side note, what I like most about 65t is their rock-solid BT5 connection and well thought and fluid user interface. Battery life and form factor are also decent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back