Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 13, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #1,037 of 62,547
I'm heavily curious about Senn's, personally.

C'mon VModa, go for some True Wireless!!
I fairly certain I will get these. I like there looks and functionality and from all reviews they are the "best" sounding. I also heard they go louder than most others which is my complaint with my Sony WF1000X.
Seems they won't go on sale tell late November early December.

Sep 14, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #1,038 of 62,547
I'm heavily curious about Senn's, personally.

C'mon VModa, go for some True Wireless!!
I think the Senns look pretty good to. My only concern is I did not like the Momentum in ears a lot signature wise and worry the wireless will have a similar signature.

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #1,039 of 62,547
I think the Senns look pretty good to. My only concern is I did not like the Momentum in ears a lot signature wise and worry the wireless will have a similar signature.

I'd be willing to bet it's the same signature. If it's the same model line I wouldn't expect a company to wildly change the sound.

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #1,040 of 62,547
Early impress on the Senn from the verge...
"It’s pleasant, warm, and inviting, and vocals are a particular highlight. I did find the bass a bit wooly, and there’s a thick filter positioned at the nozzle of these buds, probably to thicken out the bass, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s just a really relaxed and friendly sound. I think in noisy and stressful environments, which is where such wireless earphones tend to find their use, people will appreciate a tuning like this very much."

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,041 of 62,547
Early impress on the Senn from the verge...
"It’s pleasant, warm, and inviting, and vocals are a particular highlight. I did find the bass a bit wooly, and there’s a thick filter positioned at the nozzle of these buds, probably to thicken out the bass, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s just a really relaxed and friendly sound. I think in noisy and stressful environments, which is where such wireless earphones tend to find their use, people will appreciate a tuning like this very much."

oh wow the verge :frowning2: those guys rated the shure se535 @9.4 and hugo 2 @5.5 and its the same reviewer, talk about random paragraphs :wink:

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #1,042 of 62,547
I may try the Senns at some point but decided to take a flier on the Mavin. It's only $99 and I only pay if they hit the $30,000 target. It been a few years since I have tried anything crowd funded. Past experiences were always late and often underwhelming but hopefully this time will prove to be the exception. Like the 8 hour playtime, it should be enough that I only have to charge them once a day.

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #1,043 of 62,547
I may try the Senns at some point but decided to take a flier on the Mavin. It's only $99 and I only pay if they hit the $30,000 target. It been a few years since I have tried anything crowd funded. Past experiences were always late and often underwhelming but hopefully this time will prove to be the exception. Like the 8 hour playtime, it should be enough that I only have to charge them once a day.

I would have bought them if it was not for indiegogo..also see now that "Chris — Agency 2.0" is involved so will wait and see if they pop up on tmall,jd etc

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #1,044 of 62,547
Anybody looking for something that will let you use wired headphones with BT, this is an option. This fits my needs the best. And there's many other uses for it as well.

Fiio BTR3

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ptx-aptx-ll-aptx-hd-ldac-and-hwa-lhdc.886101/

---en_02.jpg
---en_07.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #1,047 of 62,547
I'll let you think about it a bit...

Let's think... you said "if you want to use wired headphones with BT"... I bring up that there are tons of MMCX cables with a bluetooth receiver already...

Okay, thinking over. Point remains.

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,048 of 62,547
I'll let you think about it a bit... I understand some people needs longer time.

Fine, fine. Fixed cable phones can't use MMCX BT cables. SGD doesn't get it but you also could have been clearer to show MMCX BT wouldn't be an option. Of course this is the fully wireless thread so BT amps and BT cables don't meet the criteria :)

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,049 of 62,547
Sep 15, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #1,050 of 62,547
i just picked up some Jabra Elite 65ts while I'm waiting for some replacement Parrot Ziks 2.0 to be delivered. I've had the Jabras for a week while the Post Office is sending the Ziks on tour; NJ to New Hampshire then back to Jersey. At one point they were twenty miles from my home, good thing to have a sense of humor.
The Jabras are surprisingly good audio quality and isolation is pretty much on par or better than the average iems. Having better tips; aka foams, like the Shure series would be even better. Because the flange is odd and the depth of the stock tips is required to fit the units in the case... not a lot of options. Having a bucket of tips (small bucket) I still haven't been able to find a better fit than stock. It's like I need tips between medium and large but the large will do. Pressing buttons into your ear doesn't help with comfort. Maybe the next ones will be gesture active. What's impressed me is connection quality, talk through and basic function. Just using them on a smartphone keeps the phone unlocked...good to have. Changing music and checking messages with a trusted device instead of imputing pass codes on the phone, awesome! There's just a tiny lag on video sync but I didn't get them for video.
Bass is full and is all there but sounds a little like a passive radiator speaker, not sharp but present. Midrange or vocals are smooth but high frequency is missing a bit of shimmer, cymbals etc.Still very listenable

Very interested in what Sennheiser will bring to the table in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back