Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 24, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #586 of 62,436
They should fit the same, I thought the the 65t fit great in my ears, and I never felt they would get loose or fall out even while working out. Just follow instructions on how to insert them there is a trick to it, you should be golden. I will have more info. Today when my 65t active arrive.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #587 of 62,436
How about fit? Do the Actives fit better than the normal 65T? I tried on the normal version, while they fit ok and never fell off my ears, they don't give me the safe fit feeling and from time to time it bugs me to fear they might fall off.

I have the Jabra Elite Sport. They fit very well and have those runner wings and finish.

Sound wise they are more bassy than the 65t but to me the fit is better.
They are plenty loud and clear with a bit of rolled off treble so no harshness there.
For on-the-go they are a solid choice.

For the gym they have the heart rate monitor and the fitness app, which is a nice addition.

Check out Amazon they had them on sale for a while but not sure if deal is still active.

May 24, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #589 of 62,436
I agree with tommy c, I also own the Jabra elite sport I reach for those more than my iconx 2018 because the bass and over all sound quality is much better. even though I love the touch controls on the iconx 2018. there is always a trade off somewhere. when I had the regular Jabra 65t those were tops In my rotation, a little less bass than the Jabra elite sport but with better overall sound and much better controls.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #590 of 62,436
They should fit the same, I thought the the 65t fit great in my ears, and I never felt they would get loose or fall out even while working out. Just follow instructions on how to insert them there is a trick to it, you should be golden. I will have more info. Today when my 65t active arrive.
Please let us know your first impressions!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

May 24, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #591 of 62,436
I think so, much better sweat and dust proof protection, salty sweat can damage headphones pretty quick. if you plan on using for gym which I do I would get the active version plus it has motion detection to use with exercise apps to keep track of reps, miles ran stuff like that. if your just using casually, not working out then just get the normal 65t model, they are excellent!
I think it's a no-brainer to go with Active if they sound the same:beerchug: $20 for extra sweat protection and activity tracking seems reasonable.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #593 of 62,436
I got them charged them up, listening to them now giving a chance for burn in before I say anything about sound. still has that great fit. materials feel exactly like the normal 65t, I was hoping they would have put on some type of non slip surface coating for the active version, because in my opinion the case and buds feel a bit slippery in hand, the Jabra sport elite and Samsung iconx 2018 have a nice coating so the don't feel slippery in hand. the app is very different from what I remembered when I had the normal Jabra 65t, can someone verify this or did they just update the app completely from when the 65t was first released? eq is great in the app, every bud should have this feature, but no quick pre sets, I think the original 65t app had some pre sets. another weird thing is on the Jabra website they show the active version with the case and buds in a sharp blue color, mine are black and came from best buy, I wonder why?

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #594 of 62,436
I got them charged them up, listening to them now giving a chance for burn in before I say anything about sound. still has that great fit. materials feel exactly like the normal 65t, I was hoping they would have put on some type of non slip surface coating for the active version, because in my opinion the case and buds feel a bit slippery in hand, the Jabra sport elite and Samsung iconx 2018 have a nice coating so the don't feel slippery in hand. the app is very different from what I remembered when I had the normal Jabra 65t, can someone verify this or did they just update the app completely from when the 65t was first released? eq is great in the app, every bud should have this feature, but no quick pre sets, I think the original 65t app had some pre sets. another weird thing is on the Jabra website they show the active version with the case and buds in a sharp blue color, mine are black and came from best buy, I wonder why?

The black color might be a best buy exclusive? Online, Best Buy has a 'Only @ Best Buy' tag. Amazon looks to have the blue color.

May 25, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #595 of 62,436
so far so good, sound is excellent like the original, still burning them in. I did notice making phone calls the voices sound a little thinner from what I remember when I had the regular 65t, but I see the active version of the app has a setting to adjust treble and bass for my calls, I haven't had a chance to play with that feature yet. for some reason they also feel a little bigger to me than the regular 65t from what I remember but on the Jabra website spec sheet measurements are the same for both, maybe they are shaped a little different, I don't know, but they are very comfortable.

May 25, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #597 of 62,436
Don’t see why they would sound better but they get better and more stable connection with no slave unit drop outs

May 26, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #599 of 62,436
I have the jaybird x3 which are rated very good sound quality wise, and in my opinion the jabra 65t can hang with them in sound quality easily. I have been in the bluetooth game since the beginning and we finally are seeing some decent truewireless these days, I am happy with what i hear, its not audiophile great but still very enjoyable. I dont use wired headsets anymore.

Jabra elite 65t and active, samsung iconx 2018, jabra elite sport, jams ultra do not suffer from drop outs.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #600 of 62,436
Annoying that Best Buy does not have the 65t active at their brick and mortar stores. My Sony wf-sp700n shipped from amazon on Wednesday via snail mail. No one seems to have them in stock so I just have to wait. I am interested in them because they have anc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back