Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 12, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #571 of 62,133
How do the main true wireless IEM's (Jabra Elite 65t Active or regular, Bose SoundSport, Bragi Dash, etc) compare to the best "not true" wireless bluetooth IEM's like the Advanced Model 3?

May 12, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #572 of 62,133
How do the main true wireless IEM's (Jabra Elite 65t Active or regular, Bose SoundSport, Bragi Dash, etc) compare to the best "not true" wireless bluetooth IEM's like the Advanced Model 3?
I can’t speak for advanced 3 but I have rbh sb, and have had the ma750 wireless and the Vmoda froza metallos which are all some of the best sounding bt iems I’ve ever heard. The bose and the beoplay are a step behind in sq. For gym use and commuting I find them very good but for listening sessions I have a second pair of higher quality iems.

May 12, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #573 of 62,133
I can’t speak for advanced 3 but I have rbh sb, and have had the ma750 wireless and the Vmoda froza metallos which are all some of the best sounding bt iems I’ve ever heard. The bose and the beoplay are a step behind in sq. For gym use and commuting I find them very good but for listening sessions I have a second pair of higher quality iems.

Intuitively, it makes sense that wired BT > true wireless BT in terms of SQ. I just don't feel like the market is mature enough for good true wireless IEM's - all options are less than ideal. Bose SS has poor isolation, Bragi Dash and Jabra Elite 65t don't have good SQ according to r/headphones. Also they're expensive.

May 12, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #574 of 62,133
Intuitively, it makes sense that wired BT > true wireless BT in terms of SQ. I just don't feel like the market is mature enough for good true wireless IEM's - all options are less than ideal. Bose SS has poor isolation, Bragi Dash and Jabra Elite 65t don't have good SQ according to r/headphones. Also they're expensive.

If you are looking for an endgame all for one I agree with you. Seems like the market has focused on sports use and connection stability first and sq is lagging behind. Hopefully the next round will up the ante on sq.

May 13, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #575 of 62,133
If you are looking for an endgame all for one I agree with you. Seems like the market has focused on sports use and connection stability first and sq is lagging behind. Hopefully the next round will up the ante on sq.

So are you saying that I shouldn’t pull the trigger? I’m currently using the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro and really like their sound but wanna get rid of the wire. I was thinking of maybe getting the SE215 wireless or the ma750 instead. But I kind of wanna hear em before I pull the trigger. See what the hype is about ya know? But I like the idea of a totally wireless headphone.

Ugh decisions...

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #576 of 62,133
It depends on whether you absolutely need to go true wireless. It's not essential for me but it does increase my quality of life in the gym when lifting. I'd rather wait for the market to mature before committing $250+ for a less than ideal pair. The Bose SS was so close to what I wanted but the poor sound isolation due to the drivers sticking out killed it for me. I pulled the trigger on the Adv. Model 3, the only issue I foresee is the volume control pod and wire getting in the way when bench pressing but I think I can move it to the side.

May 18, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #577 of 62,133
Newish on the JP market, hearable lab flapfit. https://www.hearablelab.com/flapfit
DdZXpC3V4AEBT3P.jpg
Dddqh29UQAAcKoo.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #578 of 62,133
Have had my Earin M-2’s for a few days and so far, I’m very happy. They’re very small! The design is typical Swedish, which means it’s stylish. The touch controls work very well for me, but of course it’s not 100%.

Sound wise, they have a natural sound to me. In other words, they seem to honour the Producer’s intended mix. Some people have said that there’s not enough bass, but some have improved this with different comply tips and of course if you predominantly use Spotify, it has a built in equaliser to fix that.

Battery life seems okay, but I need to use them more to gauge that. It’s supposed to be up to 4 hours with 12 hours in total via the cylindrical charger. There are lights for each ear piece to show their charge status and 3 lights on the charger externally as well. There’s no indicator on the iPhone to show battery level, but you can open the Earin app to see that, although, that seems a bit odd. You just see a headphones symbol when connected on the iPhone.

I’ve had a couple of times where the sound seems to flutter, but in general, the connection works well. I used them in the gym and they stayed in my ears using their smallest tips while running on a treadmill for 30mins.

When you stop the music, you can have sound pass through activated and in general it works, but I have nothing to compare with, so it might not be as good as others.

The app that you download is basic, but allows you to add gain (volume increase), Active pass through and balance left to right and vice versa.

I found the setup process to be a bit odd, but then again, maybe I was too keen to get started. I should have charged them up properly first I guess. There’s no right or left bud. It just knows.

On the odd occasion, the sound came through on just one bud. But by tapping the other one, I would then get stereo. Again, this could be user error on my part.

I watched YouTube and Netflix. On YouTube there was a very tiny delay, but not enough to make it unwatchable. It was fine. On Netflix, it was perfect.

No comment on receiving call quality. That isn’t a use I would normally use these for.

So overall, I’m very pleased with them. We’ll see how they perform over the coming weeks, but on initial use, it looks very promising. The size is the biggest surprise for me. You barely notice them in your ears.

As a KS backer, I got them for €199, but their RRP is €249. As I understand, they’re currently out of stock, but signup at their website if you want to get notified when new stock arrives. They’re now owned by Will.I.Am, so their future looks bright.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #579 of 62,133
The Jabra Elite Active have popped up as a Best Buy exclusive. I've tried three times to order them but BB website sucks so bad it keeps freezing and crashing.

May 21, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #580 of 62,133
May 21, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #581 of 62,133
I got lucky when I first looked at it on best buy online they had a price of 170.00 so I printed it out and I tried to order it and the site glitched and price changed to 189.99! I took the print out to best buy and they had to honor it but they didn't have it in stock so they will be delivered on the 25th. Anyone want buy a set of samsung iconx 2018 with brand new comply tips? I'll be posting these on the forums soon.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #582 of 62,133
Agree with some of the recent comparison: Bose knocked it out of the park with the SSF.

Also: re left ear drops: I've noticed it seems to come From outside interference? They never drop inside but there are areas outside where when I regularly walk through the same area, the left bud gets a quick signal drop.

However, the connection seems bulletproof inside the gym for me.

May 23, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #583 of 62,133
I got lucky when I first looked at it on best buy online they had a price of 170.00 so I printed it out and I tried to order it and the site glitched and price changed to 189.99! I took the print out to best buy and they had to honor it but they didn't have it in stock so they will be delivered on the 25th. Anyone want buy a set of samsung iconx 2018 with brand new comply tips? I'll be posting these on the forums soon.
Does Active 65t justify the $20 increase from regular 65t?

May 24, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #584 of 62,133
I think so, much better sweat and dust proof protection, salty sweat can damage headphones pretty quick. if you plan on using for gym which I do I would get the active version plus it has motion detection to use with exercise apps to keep track of reps, miles ran stuff like that. if your just using casually, not working out then just get the normal 65t model, they are excellent!

May 24, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #585 of 62,133
I think so, much better sweat and dust proof protection, salty sweat can damage headphones pretty quick. if you plan on using for gym which I do I would get the active version plus it has motion detection to use with exercise apps to keep track of reps, miles ran stuff like that. if your just using casually, not working out then just get the normal 65t model, they are excellent!

How about fit? Do the Actives fit better than the normal 65T? I tried on the normal version, while they fit ok and never fell off my ears, they don't give me the safe fit feeling and from time to time it bugs me to fear they might fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back