Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #14,476 of 62,298
CNET also saying the sony sound better. That's disappointing. I guess you trade sweat proofing for a little sq. I was not wowed by the sony but I was having fit issues and gave up on them quickly.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #14,478 of 62,298
Not surprising as they should have more bass due to actual fit and seal with tips now. The upper frequencies don't look bad, it's just the bass roll-off due to lack of seal. I'm pretty sure the pro will do better in the bass.

Airpods 2
I do notice in the video he's using a large tip. my interest is peaked, but after getting bent over for my iphone xs max for $1400 last year, I just don't think i'm going to pay $250 for a set of TWS' that "sound better than the previous airpods" :wink: Nobody so far has really said Wow, these things sound incredible. I'll reserve my judgement until I hear what the folks on here say about them. I would def. be interested in a quality ANC TWS' I currently don't own one.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #14,479 of 62,298
and on the Earfun Free....i stand corrected on my earlier thoughts. i forgot i had the iphone EQ on bass boost becaude my soundpeats didn't have enough bass. i turned the EQ off and these have just the right amount of bass for my liking, which is slightly boosted. for the money these are fantastic. the case doesn't feel as cheap as i thought. the buds look kinda goofy, as i got white. they sound great and are ipx7 rated. that for $34 this weekend they were.,..back to $49 i believe....these have to be up there with the sub $70 TWS
I just saw this, you can ignore my previous post about tips, but I still love my jvc spiral dots. :wink:

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #14,480 of 62,298
Don't worry, i'll be joining you with a bad review very soon. These were some of the worst i've heard. Actually they really are probably the worst i've heard in TWS.
Got mine yesterday, listened to them for under 5 min and boxed them back up. Total garbage tuning. It's too bad, i like the case and the design. I didn't have any connection issues.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #14,482 of 62,298
Ok so I got my AirPods pro first thing this morning.

what I love about them:
- very small and light (both case and earbuds)
- comfortable to use and you don’t realise you have it on
- good battery life and very convenient to use especially with the iphone. Pairs super fast and rock solid connection
- ANC actually is good for earphones.
- sound quality is good but probably not as detailed or wide as the Sennheiser momentum true wireless which I still have.

what I don’t like about them:
- not a match for my Sennheiser MTW but only by a small margin

All in all, it’s a very good unit. Just that the senn’s outdo them marginally in terms of sound stage, details etc. Given the Sennheiser’s quirks I much rather keep the AirPods Pro.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #14,483 of 62,298
Ok so I got my AirPods pro first thing this morning.

what I love about them:
- very small and light (both case and earbuds)
- comfortable to use and you don’t realise you have it on
- good battery life and very convenient to use especially with the iphone. Pairs super fast and rock solid connection
- ANC actually is good for earphones.
- sound quality is good but probably not as detailed or wide as the Sennheiser momentum true wireless which I still have.

what I don’t like about them:
- not a match for my Sennheiser MTW but only by a small margin

All in all, it’s a very good unit. Just that the senn’s outdo them marginally in terms of sound stage, details etc. Given the Sennheiser’s quirks I much rather keep the AirPods Pro.

Thanks for the impressions. I can live with that. I didn't love the MTW sound signature. A little to boomy for me, but I can appreciate that others do.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #14,484 of 62,298
Bring on the hi res codecs.

Apple & Bose such dinasaurs ...

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #14,485 of 62,298
The Earfun Free are great! Excellent sound all around, great fit, Qi charging, USB-C, 6 hours on a charge. This ticks every box for me except you can't use both sides independently and buttons instead of touch controls. Not enough to hate them. Would prefer it to have volume control too, but not a deal breaker.
HOLY CRAP! I didn't realize they have wireless charging. I just set them on my stand and Boom! Thank you, This makes them an even better deal. I found this company yesterday. m.me/Diwenhouse that's their FB messenger link. You can get the Earfun's for free after purchasing them on amazon and reviewing them.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #14,487 of 62,298
I do notice in the video he's using a large tip. my interest is peaked, but after getting bent over for my iphone xs max for $1400 last year, I just don't think i'm going to pay $250 for a set of TWS' that "sound better than the previous airpods" :wink: Nobody so far has really said Wow, these things sound incredible. I'll reserve my judgement until I hear what the folks on here say about them. I would def. be interested in a quality ANC TWS' I currently don't own one.
Yeah, Apple does bend you over with their premium pricing. I don't like their 'ecosystem' thing and closed nature of their software, although I like the material finshes and designs. Wish they'd let iWhatches work with Android. I prefer Android OS for phones.

$250 is a lot relative to the market, but also there are some features not on typical TW. It's early and it's usually waise to be patient and wait it out until hype dies.

General question for all: Is it possible to have different wireless streaming quality of AAC codec between iPhones and Android phones?

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #14,488 of 62,298
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #14,490 of 62,298
So I picked up the AirPod Pros on the way to work this morning. I echo the comments above about them being extremely comfortable and fitting very well. My ears are usually difficult to fit, but with the large tips these are so comfortable that I find it easy to forget I’m wearing earphones.

The ANC seems excellent so far. I’ll wear them on the subway this afternoon and know for sure how good the ANC is — but walking around the office with ANC is a surreal experience. The ANC is definitely closer in effectiveness to the Sony WF-1000XM3s than to the M&D MW07+.

The sound also seems very good. They sound accurate and pleasant (no sibilance or harshness in the treble whatsoever), and the bass is present — although these are not bass monsters, like the Liberty 2 Pros, for example. (I think the Liberty 2 Pros are more enjoyable to listen to, except in loud environments, like the subway, because they don’t isolate well and they obviously don’t have ANC.)

I’ve only taken one call with them, and (although it was a business call so I didn’t ask how I sounded) the person on the other end didn’t ask me to repeat myself — so that’s good. I recorded a voice memo, and based on that recording the microphone seems terrific.

The case is really small. I didn’t have the earlier iterations of the AirPods, so the case feels particularly small to me — small enough so that I can slip it into a pocket and (like the earphones, when I’m wearing them) forget I have it on me.

For the nerds among you (all of you?), I connected my iPhone to my Mac at work and used Console to check the connection speed of the AirPod Pros, and, as expected, they maintain a completely solid 256kbps connection. (In contrast, the connection speed of the Sony WF-1000XM3s deteriorates quickly to 127kbps — on my iPhone 11 Pro, at least — although Sony support tells me they’re working on a firmware update that should address that issue — and the Liberty 2 Pros connection speed quickly drops to 192kbps and stays there.)

Coincidentally (or not?), the Amazon Buds are arriving this afternoon. I’ll compare them tonight. I’ve promised myself that I’m not keeping all these earphones — but we’ll see :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back